PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Playing Soundwave Revolution (?)

vhfanjack
May 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
So my friend asked me if I like the line-up to the Soundwave Revolution Festival, and I said no. I thought it was shit. I then checked their page and found this:

They've been booked for a festival... Is this believable news?

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/soundwaverevolution?ref=ts#!/soundwaverevolution

Man Halen
May 11th, 2011, 09:52 AM
http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/lineup/van-halen

GennyVH
May 11th, 2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/lineup/van-halen

:101: cool!!!!

vaijuju
May 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/musicnetwork/assets/5393/soundwave_rev_645_normal.jpg

Brisbane – September 24
Sydney – September 25
Melbourne – September 30
Adelaide – October 1
Perth – October 3

http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/

wimpyliberalbuster32
May 11th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I heard you missed us we're BAAACKKK!!

EVHFrankie
May 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
:101:Steel Panther's Playin' Too!!! Bad ASSSSSSS!!!

A.J. MASSEY
May 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
This is a-fucking-mazing!

I guess a cold front is moving through hell, and yet Van Halen's website is still wishing us a happy 2009.

KTC5150
May 12th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Somebody better wake up Doug!!! =VH= Sighting Down Under!!! I have met the guys from Steel Panther... Cool guys from here in San Diego & SoCal... NICE LINEUP!!!
Only VAN FUCKIN' HALEN would have ALICE COOPER open up for them!!!! GO FIGURE!!!

Achilleslastand
May 12th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Somebody better wake up Doug!!! =VH= Sighting Down Under!!! I have met the guys from Steel Panther... Cool guys from here in San Diego & SoCal... NICE LINEUP!!!
Only VAN FUCKIN' HALEN would have ALICE COOPER open up for them!!!! GO FIGURE!!!

Whats wrong with Alice Cooper?

ravennaloveseddie
May 12th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Well it's on the VH New Desk, but like AJ said, nothing on Van Halen's official site....weird. I hope it's true for the sake of our Aussie brothers, vhfanjack and dougsteele. Guys - if...WHEN you go see them, have an AWESOME time and rock out a little for me, 'k? :ylsuper:

vhfanjack
May 12th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Well it's on the VH New Desk, but like AJ said, nothing on Van Halen's official site....weird. I hope it's true for the sake of our Aussie brothers, vhfanjack and dougsteele. Guys - if...WHEN you go see them, have an AWESOME time and rock out a little for me, 'k? :ylsuper:

Welcome back Rav!

My pessimism served me well as I was treated to this delightful suprise... I will be rocking out at the front for sure.

Simon Ribeiro
May 12th, 2011, 09:30 AM
This is a-fucking-mazing! I guess a cold front is moving through hell, and yet Van Halen's website is still wishing us a happy 2009.

The space/time thing works differently within the Van Halen world it seems. :tounge:

BTW, good to see you and Ravenna around! :thumbs-up:

Man Halen
May 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
The space/time thing works differently within the Van Halen world it seems. :tounge:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qIAVpDCEnwk/Tb9q0FcxK0I/AAAAAAAAS5c/6A-PRkucAeQ/s1600/VAN%2BHALEN%2BWORLD.jpg

Simon Ribeiro
May 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Tá começando a acreditar, não é velhinho? :tounge:

unchainedguitars
May 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Well, if it's already on the poster, the deal must be done.
Money must have exchanged hands, and people are holding them to it.
If that's the case, the album must nearly be completed, and the band is confident they can get along.

Sounds & looks positive.

Humberto5150
May 12th, 2011, 07:53 PM
VH is a band that deserves to be applauded and much for everything you did and are doing! Even with normal errors, like any normal human being, this is great!:05:

2011 = Year of Van Halen.

Only the logo - has dropped all the other bands on the poster! This is where we see the power and value that has a band and when it is back on stage! It's amazing! This is VH! That's why I love everyone in the band and friends!:thumbs-up:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200804/20080501jh_concert_05_500.jpg

Thanks for the infos friends, thanks!:colgate:

Man Halen
May 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Tá começando a acreditar, não é velhinho? :tounge:

Pior que é...

vhfanjack
May 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Should I get tickets from the presale in 2 weeks, or wait for an official announcement?

EricR
May 13th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Finally!:colgate: But why is it on the other side of the world???:plain:
I really hope they will come to Holland soon.

GennyVH
May 13th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Finally!:colgate: But why is it on the other side of the world???:plain:
I really hope they will come to Holland soon.

My fingers are crossed for an european tour soon, include Italy....It's my dream.... ;)

Man Halen
May 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Should I get tickets from the presale in 2 weeks, or wait for an official announcement?

Wait man, for sure! :happy:

unchainedguitars
May 13th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Imagine if they hit everywhere except America!

Australia, Brazil, Japan, Holland...
(no U.S. dates will be added, thanks for your interest). :colgate:

Simon Ribeiro
May 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM

You better wait for something official posted over VH's site.

No, wait - that place doesn't exist. :tounge:

Simon Ribeiro
May 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Australia, Brazil, Japan, Holland... (no U.S. dates will be added, thanks for your interest).

Not a chance there. Even Obama wants to see Van Halen live!

Simon Ribeiro
May 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Pior que é...

Tô sabendo da parada! :thumbs-up:

the_atomicpunk
May 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Going to Australia....hmmmm.... maybe they could make a small turn in the atlantic and visit us in Sao Paulo Rock City!!! :jerk:

the_atomicpunk
May 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Australia, Brazil, Japan, Holland...
(no U.S. dates will be added, thanks for your interest). :colgate:

Hey man, you guys had plenty of VH in '07/08.... it's time to share with the world!!!

ravennaloveseddie
May 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hey man, you guys had plenty of VH in '07/08.... it's time to share with the world!!!

While I agree that it's time the rest of the world got some (cos Everybody Wants Some!!, right? *grin*) I'd have to disagree with your assessment that we "had plenty of VH"....My friend, there's no such thing. Gimme all you got and I still won't think it's enough!!! :ylsuper:

A.J. MASSEY
May 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM

Even without Van Halen they have a killer line up, I would buy the tickets as soon as possible.

vhfanjack
May 14th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Even without Van Halen they have a killer line up, I would buy the tickets as soon as possible.

I disagree lol. I wouldn't spend 150 bucks to see just Gojira, Alice Cooper and Steel Panther. Not worth it.

the_atomicpunk
May 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
While I agree that it's time the rest of the world got some (cos Everybody Wants Some!!, right? *grin*) I'd have to disagree with your assessment that we "had plenty of VH"....My friend, there's no such thing. Gimme all you got and I still won't think it's enough!!! :ylsuper:

Ok, I agree, there's no such thing.....:tounge:
But you have to agree that South America is on the top of the list of "Van Halen needness"....last time was in 83!!!!! 1 month before I war born!! Those guys really need to get their asses down here ASAP!

rawkinrobbievh1
May 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM

ditto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great post ravenna , and very nice to see you on here again :)

unchainedguitars
May 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I disagree lol. I wouldn't spend 150 bucks to see just Gojira, Alice Cooper and Steel Panther. Not worth it.

No kidding!

If it were 1976, i'd go see Alice.
Steel Panther is a lot of fun, but in a club setting for seven bucks.
The other bands sound like second tier Nu-metal acts.

EVH_Erupted
May 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Some decent bands on there, and some ultra shitty ones as well. Would be worth it though.

Simon Ribeiro
May 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Some decent bands on there, and some ultra shitty ones as well. Would be worth it though.

I agree with that!

ravennaloveseddie
May 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Ok, I agree, there's no such thing.....:tounge:
But you have to agree that South America is on the top of the list of "Van Halen needness"....last time was in 83!!!!! 1 month before I war born!! Those guys really need to get their asses down here ASAP!

Agreed! And I hope it comes to pass for you guys, as well as for our friends in Europe and UK too!

Dr. Roth
May 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Am I the only one to think VH is out of their element on this bill? The rest of these bands are real heavy metal speed type bands. Alice Cooper is even a stretch. The typical audience for this show is going to think VH is a let down. As a VH fan I wouldn't want to see any of the other bands on the line-up. Alice Cooper would be a novelty for me, but everyone else would suck in my opinion. Wouldn't it be true for the fans of these other bands to think the same of VH? I'll Wait, Jump, Pretty Woman, DTNA, and ICM are not going to go over well. Neither will the blow up microphone Dave uses.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad to see the boys getting out there on the road, I just think they should have picked a better format.

Doc

KTC5150
May 19th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I TOTALLY agree, Doc... this sounds like the only venue/ event in Australia they could book at the time, or the concert promoters wanted them so bad, that VH was offered a deal they couldn't refuse... maybe it was all about $$$$$$!!!

Cathedral =I=
May 19th, 2011, 04:13 PM

If the show has more to offer you than just Van Halen I would get my tickets ASAP. But if Van Halen is the only reason you'll attend, HELL NO!!! WAIT...

I like several of the acts on the bill, but Van Halen would have to be there for me to drop the dough...mainly because I'd have heavy travel expenses involved as well.

But if I lived there? Not much would keep me from going.

vhfanjack
May 20th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Most of the bands are for dumbass scene kids. There's no way I'd go to this if it weren't for Van Halen... "I'll Wait"

unchainedguitars
May 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hey, Eddie!

I'm not sick, BUT I'M NOT WELL...

Ice Cream Man
May 21st, 2011, 10:49 PM
I think they bring in one old school band like Van Halen to play among the new bands because it's novel for the audience, in the same way the Tony Bennett MTV Unplugged was novel for our generation. "For old guys, they were pretty good!"

Simon Ribeiro
May 23rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
DON'T QUOTE ME HERE.

Got this with a friend from another board - Thanks Wes!

http://www.van-halen.net/forum/showthread.php?9081-New-cd-and-tour-announcement-coming-soon

Mallonmusic
May 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
DON'T QUOTE ME HERE.

Got this with a friend from another board - Thanks Wes!

http://www.van-halen.net/forum/showthread.php?9081-New-cd-and-tour-announcement-coming-soon

Cool, i just hope thats not the album cover or title. Kinda looks cheap :57:

Mallonmusic
May 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Am I the only one to think VH is out of their element on this bill? The rest of these bands are real heavy metal speed type bands. Alice Cooper is even a stretch. The typical audience for this show is going to think VH is a let down. As a VH fan I wouldn't want to see any of the other bands on the line-up. Alice Cooper would be a novelty for me, but everyone else would suck in my opinion. Wouldn't it be true for the fans of these other bands to think the same of VH? I'll Wait, Jump, Pretty Woman, DTNA, and ICM are not going to go over well. Neither will the blow up microphone Dave uses.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad to see the boys getting out there on the road, I just think they should have picked a better format.

Doc

I think they'll be fine. My brother was over there last year with a band he works for and said there were all kinds of bands and they all went over well. Plus come on man its VH! They transend!

Humberto5150
May 23rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Although bands listed for the show, there are many that I do not know, but most important is the VH be on a stage! VH stopped and off screen, can cause serious problems, it is best to see the band on stage ...

Simon Ribeiro
May 24th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cool, i just hope thats not the album cover or title. Kinda looks cheap.

I thought the same, Mallon.

(BTW, good to see you around man) :thumbs-up:

Mallonmusic
May 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I thought the same, Mallon.

(BTW, good to see you around man) :thumbs-up:

Thanks Simon, its good to be back! Not sure why i was gone so long? I guess i do that from time to time:57:

rawkinrobbievh1
May 24th, 2011, 05:57 PM
welcome back Mall !!
we all do sometimes stay away from logging in full time , but we're never that far away .....;)

Mallonmusic
May 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM
welcome back Mall !!
we all do sometimes stay away from logging in full time , but we're never that far away .....;)

So true!:)

rawkinrobbievh1
June 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
I think they'll be fine. My brother was over there last year with a band he works for and said there were all kinds of bands and they all went over well. Plus come on man its VH! They transend!

amen to that !
VH on the bill is always a good thing ...:wow:

i1sum2!
June 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Van Halen isn't nor ever has been "Festival" material. Take the US Fest for example, they were the headliners above all the other many great bands that day and they absolutely blew it. People who were there will tell you that the Scorps and Triumph smoked their ass. Then, we've got the lame ass Monsters of Rock tour back in the mid 80's. A fluffy pop rock band alongside heavyweights at the time Metallica? Two completely different audiences together and they didn't mesh. Knew some people who went and they said it was a huge fight between between fans. I also read that throughout that tour. VH needs to stick to playing arena rock with an opener period.

side note: Why is this forum "cloaked" from visitors? Bad idea, as that will only make people go searching for VH news elsewhere i.e the Links or the Army where it's always available. People don't want to be forced to join here just to get the latest VH news.

jane
June 4th, 2011, 12:51 PM
side note: Why is this forum "cloaked" from visitors? Bad idea, as that will only make people go searching for VH news elsewhere i.e the Links or the Army where it's always available. People don't want to be forced to join here just to get the latest VH news.
That was a little something Cathedral added to this forum I believe or at least it was his idea (he also did that to the visual forum ).....If I remember correctly than his idea was that people would sign up and log in because they would be curious enough to find out what was posted......
And with the visual forum it was to protect the youngsters for, uhmmmm lets say the more exposed pictures (which I can understand )...
But I agree that it is all and all a bad idea to exclude visitors from the News forum.

jane
June 4th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Well, if it's already on the poster, the deal must be done.
Money must have exchanged hands, and people are holding them to it.
If that's the case, the album must nearly be completed, and the band is confident they can get along.

Sounds & looks positive.

What I find strange though is that Van Halen goes Aussie first but no word about a USA tour.
It doesn't make much sense or does it ? :hiding: Or did I miss out on something ?

Is this really happening, is this really a done deal ?
VHfanjack or Dougsteel did you buy tickets, have you seen a real poster somewhere ?

i1sum2!
June 4th, 2011, 03:57 PM
What I find strange though is that Van Halen goes Aussie first but no word about a USA tour.
It doesn't make much sense or does it ? :hiding: Or did I miss out on something ?

VHfanjack or Dougsteel did you buy tickets, have you seen a real poster somewhere ?

It's really happening Jane. There are several Aussies and Kiwis at the Links who already have their tickets. I just think it's a shame that this being Van Halen's first time there with Roth (why didn't that happen back in 1984?) that they won't have Mike there too. Van Halen does everything assbackwards though.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/28471/Soundwave-Revolution-2011-line-up

rawkinrobbievh1
June 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
It's really happening Jane. There are several Aussies and Kiwis at the Links who already have their tickets. I just think it's a shame that this being Van Halen's first time there with Roth (why didn't that happen back in 1984?) that they won't have Mike there too. Van Halen does everything assbackwards though.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/28471/Soundwave-Revolution-2011-line-up

that's great news !!!
Aussie's will get a long overdue dose of Eddie/Alex/Roth . sans Mike of course , but the old 07/08 Roth-ism of VH being '3/4's original , 1/4 ineviteable' is surely better than nothing ?? ;)

i agree with you sum , they should have toured down under in 84 , when they were the kings of rock n' roll ... then again it's VH ... there's TONS of items on the woulda/coulda/shoulda list :57:

vhfanjack
June 5th, 2011, 01:40 AM

No tickets for me... Unless there's an official announcement by them, then it's not worth the gamble. My Dad might get tickets though...

I saw a poster today though..

I doubt Doug is interested since he doesn't care for them much after FW.

i1sum2!
June 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
No tickets for me... Unless there's an official announcement by them, then it's not worth the gamble. My Dad might get tickets though...

I saw a poster today though..

I doubt Doug is interested since he doesn't care for them much after FW.

I doubt that you will get an official announcement by VH as this will be strictly promoted by the Festival itself vhfan. They have top priority to do this as they please. VH is merely a participant at their event. I would go ahead and get tickets if I were you as they may never play there again. Who knows with those guys? Besides, there's a ton of other bands playing that you might find more enjoyable because they're current. Ya never know.

unchainedguitars
June 5th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I really hate the "cloaked" aspect, as well.
Not to beat up on Cat, but i thought it was a really bad idea.
Like Sum mentioned, people will just go get their news elsewhere, on other forums.

As for VH down under, GET THOSE TICKETS!
This won't happen again, do not wait & see.

unchainedguitars
June 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
As for festivals, i saw the 'Monsters of rock' tour, and Metallica was the only "out of character" band on the bill.
It was Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions & VH.

Metallica brought a violent element to the crowd, which through me off guard.
I loved 'Tallica, but this was the first time i'd seen them (and been pummeled at a show).

I remember Dokken screwed up, "Standin' in the shadows."
Lynch couldn't remember the intro, and they stopped, Pilson showed him & they started again.
The Scorpions i was never much into.
Their set bored me to tears, though now, i wished i had paid attention & really listened.

VH Freak
June 6th, 2011, 03:18 AM

Hmmmm...forgot that it was even "cloaked". It shouldn't be hidden so I just changed it. The only people who can't see it now are the ones who are banned :happy:

vhfanjack
June 6th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I guess you guys are right... I can always sell them if things don't turn out Van Halenish.

vhfanjack
June 6th, 2011, 04:38 AM
And Janie would shoot it down if it was false....

i1sum2!
June 6th, 2011, 07:02 AM
And Janie would shoot it down if it was false....

I don't think I would go quite that far. lol

Seeing how she's so terrible at her job dude. I would get tickets if I were you. Knowing how those guys are in VH, this could be it for them and you'll never get another chance.

Simon Ribeiro
June 6th, 2011, 07:48 AM
As for festivals, i saw the 'Monsters of rock' tour, and Metallica was the only "out of character" band on the bill. It was Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions & VH.

Metallica brought a violent element to the crowd, which through me off guard.
I loved 'Tallica, but this was the first time i'd seen them (and been pummeled at a show).

I remember Dokken screwed up, "Standin' in the shadows." Lynch couldn't remember the intro, and they stopped, Pilson showed him & they started again. The Scorpions i was never much into. Their set bored me to tears, though now, i wished i had paid attention & really listened.

Whoa! That really happened? Weird!

I remember seeing an old boot from Metallica playing the 1988 Monsters of Rock and Lars got every wrong while the band was playing Fade to Black (or was it Welcome Home? Can't say it now for sure). Anyway, that was bizarre and the band did something in between then Jason came near him and told him what to do so they kept playing the tune. Funny thing is that most of fans didn't noticed what was going on. :tounge:

vhfanjack
June 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I don't think I would go quite that far. lol

Seeing how she's so terrible at her job dude. I would get tickets if I were you. Knowing how those guys are in VH, this could be it for them and you'll never get another chance.

Ordered the tickets:thumbs-up:

i1sum2!
June 6th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Ordered the tickets:thumbs-up:

I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way. Enjoy!:101:

unchainedguitars
June 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Whoa! That really happened? Weird!

I remember seeing an old boot from Metallica playing the 1988 Monsters of Rock and Lars got every wrong while the band was playing Fade to Black (or was it Welcome Home? Can't say it now for sure). Anyway, that was bizarre and the band did something in between then Jason came near him and told him what to do so they kept playing the tune. Funny thing is that most of fans didn't noticed what was going on. :tounge:

Oh yeah, Lynch just was NOT into it, at all.

Don made a joke like, "Okay, George let's try this one...more...time."
But you could see Don was clearly annoyed.

I was really close to the stage, and they opened with "Tooth & Nail" (instead of "Kiss of death" like they did on the Aerosmith tour).
I remember watching Lynch just peel off that "tooth & nail" solo with so much ease & finesse, note for note.
He impressed me way more with Dokken (as a soloist), then when i saw him with Lynch Mob, a few years later.

vhfanjack
June 7th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way. Enjoy!:101:

I will! Unless some drunk dumbasses wreck it for me... But I won't let that happen

Mallonmusic
June 12th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I will! Unless some drunk dumbasses wreck it for me... But I won't let that happen

Who do ya mean Ed? Lol:tounge:

vhfanjack
June 12th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Who do ya mean Ed? Lol:tounge:

Hahahahahaha. Well played.

Mallonmusic
June 12th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hahahahahaha. Well played.

Thanks i just couldnt help myself:gulp:

unchainedguitars
June 12th, 2011, 11:27 PM
The bill will only be complete, if Evanescence reforms.

"Bring me back toooooo liiiiiiife...."

Mallonmusic
June 12th, 2011, 11:28 PM
The bill will only be complete, if Evanescence reforms.

"Bring me back toooooo liiiiiiife...."

Ummmmmm.......sure:whatsthat: