PDA

View Full Version : VAN HALEN Mixing New Album? - Mar. 29, 2011

Man Halen
March 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
According to a "trusted source" cited by the VAN HALEN fan site Van Halen News Desk, the recording process for the group's new album is "going great and the band is starting to mix the new tracks." The site adds that the LP will likely drop this fall, which is when VAN HALEN is also expected to hit the road in support of the effort.

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony told ABC News Radio that he's "looking forward" to hearing the band's new album, which will feature original singer David Lee Roth behind the mic for the first time in 27 years. Anthony said, "I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do," adding that he has "no hard feelings" about being replaced by Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang, in 2005.

Anthony said he has not spoken to anyone in VAN HALEN since the end of the band's 2004 tour, which featured a reunion with singer Sammy Hagar after an eight-year split.

Eddie Van Halen did not initially want Anthony playing on that trek either, but relented when Hagar insisted on it. The bass player was forced to take a pay cut and give up his rights to any future use of the VAN HALEN name. Anthony said, "The tour did not end as harmoniously as we would have liked it to."

VAN HALEN staged a successful reunion tour with Roth in 2007 and 2008, with rumors of a new album persisting since then. The group began recording in January with producer John Shanks.

VAN HALEN's last full album, "Van Halen III", came out in 1998 and featured the only appearance of EXTREME singer Gary Cherone as lead vocalist.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/vhlogo.jpg

Originally I got it from Chet Farwell on VHML's Facebook Group: http://on.fb.me/erkaPe

Twitter: http://bit.ly/dX2TsS

Simon Ribeiro
March 30th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Let's wait & see.

Humberto5150
March 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Everything in its time and place:

According to the friend Ricardo5150:
"My dear friends ...

I have an American cousin, a personal friend of Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme), which
NAMM 2011 was face to face with himself EDDIE VAN HALEN.
The report of this is that my cousin Eddie is great looking, very well
natured and happy.
According to some sources very safe, musicians and producers present at NAMM,
this my cousin assured me that Van Halen is in the studio so, is writing
yes, the album comes out this year in, and DAVID LEE ROTH is the vocals yes!

I will post here any news about this once you have
more news received from reliable sources."

Latest Interview with Gary Cherone:
Bravewords.com: Are you surprised that Van Halen has not launched any
new music since you left the band?

Cherone: "I'm not surprised. When I was there, there was music coffers.
Eddie is not lying when he says he has a garage full of music. The rumor
is that they are in the studio right now, and Eddie is in good shape. Nuno
really cross with him recently and told me that he looked great. There
a new song. They did the reunion with Sammy in 2004 and Eddie was not
the best of shape. They made the 2007 meeting with Roth, which I found
great. Roth thought it was great and they are flocking to it.
I'm such a big fan of Van Halen as anyone else and I would love
hear new material with them and learn from Eddie - he does not want to be out of his
catalog. Fans want to see them on tour, but Eddie is an artist and he needs
releasing new material. So I'm looking forward to it. "

More:
http://van-halen5150.blogspot.com/search/label/Gary% 20Cherone

Eddie Trunk has also said the opinion: 2011 = VAN HALEN.

And I wonder what happened to his friend Charlie Sheen as well? I saw in the newspaper that the
face has already been hired again by CBS, is it? lol. I hope he and
put your head on straight, get spending money and munch on life is not
not pretty ... these guys are great and it has value.

Thanks for the matter and post Man Halen! Thanks bro!:thumbs-up::colgate:;)

rawkinrobbievh1
March 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
thanks for the post , Man Halen !
certainly hope this is all true ..:)

that's a cool story as well , Humberto !!
the game is afoot ...:colgate:

unchainedguitars
March 30th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Our sources in Japan, were also present at NAMM...

Young Guitar: So Ed, how goes guitar eruption?

Eddie: Play like bumblebee, very fast like angry hive.
Dave bring honey!

Young Guitar: So new album, this year...or...2007?

Eddie: This year or tomorrow.

Young Guitar: Wolfgang still play, or does rainbow predict Michael Anthony return?

Eddie: Sumu wrestler, haha...NAH! Mike like lizard on rock, huge foot crush...oops!

Young Guitar: Haha!

Eddie: Yeeeeeeehhhhh, haha!

EVH_Erupted
March 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Our sources in Japan, were also present at NAMM...

Young Guitar: So Ed, how goes guitar eruption?

Eddie: Play like bumblebee, very fast like angry hive.
Dave bring honey!

Young Guitar: So new album, this year...or...2007?

Eddie: This year or tomorrow.

Young Guitar: Wolfgang still play, or does rainbow predict Michael Anthony return?

Eddie: Sumu wrestler, haha...NAH! Mike like lizard on rock, huge foot crush...oops!

Young Guitar: Haha!

Eddie: Yeeeeeeehhhhh, haha!

I seriously needed that after today, I laughed needless to say.

I'm really anxious, yet skeptical, but at the same time ...have a feeling of hope?

unchainedguitars
March 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Christ, these Boston DJ's just run with any VH internet rumor!

Tonight, after playing "Devil", the DJ says, "...and the new Van Halen album is reportedly finished, with the boy's just mixing & readying it for release.
Brand new tour slated for this coming Fall."

punkatomic
March 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I'm from the I have to see to believe it camp, but this is coming from VHND means alittle more then your everyday run of the mill internet rumor.

GennyVH
March 31st, 2011, 10:45 AM
:happy: YEAHHHH!!!!! :happy:

punkatomic
March 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
VAN HALEN - 2011 STILL THE YEAR FOR A COLD FRONT TO REACH HELL:
Due to the usual lack of information flowing, Van Halen fans went all kinds of crazy this week at the mere sight of a tweet from Eddie Trunk regarding Van Halen's progress in the studio. When in reality, it pretty much just confirmed the already stated - that the album talked about since last year will appear later this year.... Van Halen's PR department is once again sadly lacking, but there is always hope I guess!

Producer John Shanks' tweets have been sadly useless. He rarely says anything and when he does it is only cryptic, and looking back, there wasn't anything about his work with VH. Another opportunity missed.

Here's what I can add to the current rumours...
Yes, the album is all but done and it appears mixing is underway, but once again, my source (who has been with me all through this) is sticking with the story that the majority of the album was recorded in 2010 with producer Ross Hogarth. John Shanks was called in to help David Lee Roth arrange and record the vocals and put the whole thing together.
I'm told that Eddie has played most of the bass parts, but will likely not be credited on the album for that.
My source also tells me that one of his contacts heard one track with the working title of Lift. It was described as having "a Van Hagar flavor to it" and that "Dave's vocals were done in a very low baritone key."
Lastly, I heard from a venue in Europe that they were offered a mid-year date for a Van Halen with Ozzy Osbourne tour package. I can't confirm that in any way, but take it as yet another rumour to consider.
That's all until next time...

http://melodicrock.com/ (http://melodicrock.com/)

Humberto5150
March 31st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Great post punk! It seems that the facts are coming together slowly, i hope everything goes well until the end! It is hope and wait.:thumbs-up::colgate:

EVH_Erupted
March 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Van Hagar flavor?... but... that's worse than assberry flavor!!

unchainedguitars
March 31st, 2011, 06:24 PM

I agree.

The "Van Hagar" reference to the new music, sort of has me prepared for something not so great.
It's like Spammy arrived & just killed this once, great band.
Even now that he has long departed, his sterile ghost still haunts Ed's music.
That guy inflicted more damage, i don't care how many mediocre albums they sold with him in the band, he sucked the personality right out of them.

In his book, he makes reference to "Love walks in," and how it was the first time Ed had written a beautiful melody.
He says, "They had a song called 'Wait' with Dave (doesn't even call it "I'll Wait"), but it wasn't a beautiful, meaningful melody like 'Love walks in."

The guy honestly thinks he made Van Halen better!

EVH_Erupted
March 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Well, if we lower our standards low enough, we won't be disappointed.

vhfanjack
March 31st, 2011, 10:58 PM
They're rumours, not facts, Humberto.

I think that this 5150 and 1984 mix means that they've starting rehearsing songs that they may have before Dave left... Either way, the fictitious new album most definetly wouldn't sound like the six pack.

GennyVH
April 1st, 2011, 04:44 AM
I hope in f a c t s, not only rumours, damn!!! :)

Popmusicsucks
April 1st, 2011, 04:57 PM
I hope in f a c t s, not only rumours, damn!!! :)

My cousins friend who has a friend that has a cousin who went to school with a guy who has a sister that went on a date with Wolfie said that the new album is truly in the mixing stage and we should be hearing about a release date n tour dates anytime now. And this my friends is FACT since my cousins friend who has a friend that has a cousin who went to school with a guy who has a sister that went on a date with Wolfie said so !

GennyVH
April 2nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
My cousins friend who has a friend that has a cousin who went to school with a guy who has a sister that went on a date with Wolfie said that the new album is truly in the mixing stage and we should be hearing about a release date n tour dates anytime now. And this my friends is FACT since my cousins friend who has a friend that has a cousin who went to school with a guy who has a sister that went on a date with Wolfie said so !

:wtf: :wow:

Guitarfreak
April 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
^^^ Shades of Wayne L, minus the foot fetish. :05:

rawkinrobbievh1
April 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Great post punk! It seems that the facts are coming together slowly, i hope everything goes well until the end! It is hope and wait.:thumbs-up::colgate:

i agree with you , Humberto !!!
a lot of us are hoping the news is true and that we get our VH back this year !!
i wish there were more people as excited and positive thinking as you , my friend :101:
cheers brother ..

Humberto5150
April 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you rawkinrobbievh1, have to look for positive thinking, and living the joyful moments of life, enjoy the day along with the music of Van Halen. :colgate: I wish happiness and peace to all siblings as well. :thumbs-up::beers:

ravennaloveseddie
April 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Hahaha! I'm afraid to ask what assberries taste like.....:tounge:

ravennaloveseddie
April 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
i agree with you , Humberto !!!
a lot of us are hoping the news is true and that we get our VH back this year !!
i wish there were more people as excited and positive thinking as you , my friend :101:
cheers brother ..

You and me both rawkinrobbie! And Humberto, keep on thinking those positive thoughts. Those of us who continue to do so will not be disappointed....All in good time, brothers, all in good time....:05:

rawkinrobbievh1
April 11th, 2011, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=Humberto5150;260290]Thank you rawkinrobbievh1, have to look for positive thinking, and living the joyful moments of life, enjoy the day along with the music of Van Halen. :colgate: I wish happiness and peace to all siblings as well. :thumbs-up::beers:[/QUOTE

last night i had on Diver Down , Fair Warning and WACF ( in that order ) , MAN those are great tunes !!!!

rawkinrobbievh1
April 11th, 2011, 05:59 AM
You and me both rawkinrobbie! And Humberto, keep on thinking those positive thoughts. Those of us who continue to do so will not be disappointed....All in good time, brothers, all in good time....:05:

Awwww thanks ravenna !!
good to hear from you again , and yes , we'll be rewarded for our patience when the time is right .:colgate:

EVH_Erupted
April 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Hahaha! I'm afraid to ask what assberries taste like.....:tounge:

I wouldn't know, ask Sam! :tounge:

unchainedguitars
April 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm coming out of my Van Halen obsession, i can sense it.
It comes & goes, but lately, i'm just bored with them & the same stories we keep repeating on here, over & over again.

Those albums were great.
I loved them dearly as a kid.
They meant a lot to me.

But, dare i say it, there are other bands out there.
Plus, we should be doing more productive things with our lives, then living in the past.
Am i right?

Simon Ribeiro
April 13th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Yes, you are. But there's nothing wrong wasting some time posting here or elsewhere. In the end, it's just about meeting the friends, having a cold one and ain't talkin' 'bout love.

punkatomic
April 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Just speaking for myself, of course. I'm loving Classic Van Halen more and more.
For one thing, I'm hearing/listening to music differently. For the better too.

I appreciate more and more what Dave, Alex, Mike and Eddie did back then. Hey, I can't stand Hagar, but there is NO comparison and or contest. Classic Van Halen was/is LIGHT YEARS beyond anything the Hagar era can offer. Shit, that is true for about 98% of the music released after 1984, IMO.

I am truly amazed that David Lee Roth put words to Ed's music. Ed didn't have to dumb it down like he did with Hagar.

I do understand that there is other band out there, but those bands aren't worth my time. I would rather talk about great music and music that truly " STAND THE TEST OF TIME" then half ass attempts at politically correct rock or American Idol TM music.

unchainedguitars
April 13th, 2011, 11:14 PM
It just feels like we keep going in circles, while VH goes on with their lives.
Eddie hasn't sounded like Eddie, since 1985.

They were great at one time, but they haven't been anything special for decades, now.
We keep treading the same ground over & over.

I dunno, it's starting to get old for me (worshipping at the alter of Edward).

rawkinrobbievh1
April 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM

They were great at one time, but they haven't been anything special for decades, now.

I dunno, it's starting to get old for me (worshipping at the alter of Edward).

hang in therre UG !!!!!!
we all still go on with our lives , as do VH , but keep the spirit brother .
VH are a special band that have given us timeless , classic music . it's the same as those people who worship Hendrix and the Beatles after all these decades , IMO

VH is ONE OF THOSE BANDS !!!!!
never forgotten , never duplicated , never been touched on a sonic or visual 'impact' level
they are legends , :05:

punkatomic
April 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM

I dunno, it's starting to get old for me (worshipping at the alter of Edward).That's why you don't see me replying in certain threads.

I can only say that I love Van Halen 2 or WACF so many times before it starts sounding redundant. Been there, done that.

I can understand the whole getting old part. Eddie doesn't reciprocate. That does get old.

EVH_Erupted
April 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'm sure members at a Zeppelin forum have it MUUUUCH worse though. But I see where UG is coming from, everyone should.. .at least the members that have been here over the years.

I guess now it's pretty much nostalgia.

Simon Ribeiro
April 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm sure members at a Zeppelin forum have it MUUUUCH worse though. But I see where UG is coming from, everyone should.. .at least the members that have been here over the years. I guess now it's pretty much nostalgia.

Dave - What else is left?

Sobolewski - Insanity!

:tounge:

Humberto5150
April 18th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Diamond Dave is a showman! He besides being very funny, is the man of yesterday, today and tomorrow's women - that's too funny! Funny also was the meeting of Dave and Tiger Woods, and Edward with Charlie Sheen - the quartet's heavy! A kick in the pants of everybody!! lol :101: These guys are fucking!! :beers:

unchainedguitars
April 18th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Diamond Dave is a showman! He besides being very funny, is the man of yesterday, today and tomorrow's women - that's too funny! Funny also was the meeting of Dave and Tiger Woods, and Edward with Charlie Sheen - the quartet's heavy! A kick in the pants of everybody!! lol :101: These guys are fucking!! :beers:

What??? :57:

Humberto5150
April 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Just recalled these meetings, and made ​​a joke.;)

EVH_Erupted
April 20th, 2011, 07:13 PM
You're not proposing there is fornication going on between them are you?

unchainedguitars
April 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Van Halen is:

Edward Van Halen

Alex Van Halen

David Lee Roth

Wolfgang Van Halen

Taylor Vixen

and

K.K. Downing

Simon Ribeiro
April 25th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Just because he left JP he is now working with EVH?

WTF? :tounge:

Cathedral =I=
May 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
^^^ Shades of Wayne L, minus the foot fetish. :05:
Do you know how long its been since milk shot out of my nose?
About 2 seconds ago thanks to you, lmmfao.