PDA

View Full Version : HUGE VAN HALEN UPDATE: Van Halen’s 2011 Plans and The TRUTH Behind The Rumors

Man Halen
December 9th, 2010, 06:51 AM
THURSDAY, 9 DECEMBER 2010

The following breaking news is sure to come as a welcome Holiday gift for Van Halen fans around the world who’ve been dying to know if the band is planning on releasing new music or touring in the near future.
Sources tell the Van Halen News Desk that the band is very eager to tour, and that they want to tour behind new material. Eddie Van Halen has been very busy during most of 2010 writing music. Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen often join Eddie in the 5150 studio and the three of them have been hard at work jamming and recording demos. The three Van Halens have been sending the music to David Lee Roth, who’s adding the lyrics. Two of our sources have heard some of the early versions of the tracks (without vocals) and were very pleased. The music is said to sound like straight ahead rock ‘n’ roll and “very Van Halen.”

After talking to several producers, the band has chosen GRAMMY award winner producer/songwriter/musician John Shanks (whom Clive Davis calls “the father of that guitar-driven kind of pop sound”). In January, 2011, David, Eddie, Alex & Wolfgang will head into the studio to begin recording with the much sought-after producer. The band is hopeful that the recording sessions will lead to a full studio album that would be completed and available sometime next year.

Interestingly, the band is planning on recording in John Shank’s Henson Studio as well as Van Halen’s 5150 Studios, making next month the first time Van Halen will record anywhere outside of their own studio since it was built, in 1983.

We are excited to learn that the band is re-exploring Eddie’s extensive library of unreleased songs and riffs, even reaching back to their early unreleased demos for added inspiration. The band is retooling and tweaking some of this mostly-unheard, incredible music, which have completely new lyrics from Roth. Eddie is even considering developing a song or two from the material that he wrote for The Wild Life movie score in the mid 1980′s.
Although this news is not coming straight from the band or their publicist, we can tell you with certainty that it isn’t just another rumor that will turn out to be false, as most rumors do. These are indeed Van Halen’s current goals. We at the Van Halen News Desk have several reliable sources close to, or within the Van Halen camp, who give us solid Van Halen updates whenever they make any major plans. Our relationships with these contacts were established during the years of our publishing the official Van Halen fan magazine, “The Inside”, and through our associations while running VHND.com and VanHalenStore.com.

We want to clarify that, while this news sounds very promising for fans, NOTHING is set in stone as far as a definite album or tour. The band is hoping to have a new album and tour, but only time will tell if it all comes to fruition. There is no timetable for anything yet.
Despite their grand plans, it is very unlikely that there will be any confirmation from Van Halen themselves about any of this. The band has a definite policy of not talking until their plans are 100% solid and everything is in place. They don’t want to announce any plans that might not pan out, so as to not disappoint fans.

A source close to David Lee Roth tells us that he’s been getting in top physical shape for the potential tour and has been writings tons of lyrics.
We also have another source who’s spent some time with Eddie Van Halen recently. Ed seems to be doing better than ever these days. He’s been completely sober for over 2 1/2 years. He has surrounding himself with positive, encouraging people, among them his wife Janie, bandmates Alex and Wolfgang, and friend and business partner, Matt Bruck. His schedule is early to bed, early to rise, and he’s keeping very focused on staying sober, writing new music and running his EVH brand. We are really happy to hear he’s in a wonderful place these days.
More about Van Halen producer John Shanks:

John Shanks is one of the hottest and most influential producers working today. On top of that, he is a hit songwriter and accomplished guitar player. John has produced and/or written 43 #1 singles, 119 Top 5 singles, 67 #1 albums, 172 Top 10 albums, and over 60 million records sold in the genres of Rock, Pop and Country music. He is also a six time GRAMMY nominee including a win for Producer of the Year in 2005. “John’s records have become the sound of Top Forty Radio,” Clive Davis told Rolling Stone. “He’s the father of that guitar-driven kind of pop sound.”
John Shanks has worked with Miley Cyrus, Bon Jovi, Keith Urban, Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow, Santana, Rod Stewart, Melissa Etheridge, Alanis Morissette, Hilary Duff, Train’s Pat Monahan, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Pink, Liz Phair, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Raitt, and many more.
The TRUTH about the Van Halen rumors:
And now for the die-hard fans, the Van Halen News Desk will tackle all the currently widespread rumors and either shoot them down or confirm them as true.

Rumor: Van Halen are working towards finishing recording of a new studio album with David Lee Roth and a single is slated for release before the end of this year.
FALSE. The band starts recording in January.

Rumor: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, and likely European and Australian dates.
FALSE. Although a 2011 tour may occur, no such tour is currently planned.

Rumor: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
Mostly TRUE. The band has written lots of new music and hopes to complete an album, but a nothing is definite right now.

Rumor: DLR’s vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio.
Partially True. This is true, but only in regards to the early demos, not the final recording. This is what many bands do before entering the studio. The entire band will reconvene in the studio in January.

Rumor: Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.
FALSE. Eddie could have recorded some of the bass parts for the early demos when Wolfie wasn’t around, as he often did when Michael Anthony was in the band. Wolfgang has been recording demos all year, and he’ll be playing all the bass parts on the finished tracks.

Rumor: There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album.
FALSE. If a new album is released, it will most likely be a direct deal with Walmart or Bestbuy.

Rumor: Van Halen has chosen Ross Hogarth to produce new music.
FALSE. The producer they chose is John Shanks. Hogarth is an engineer rather than a producer, and is not involved with Van Halen whatsoever.

Rumor: Chris Cornell from Soundgarden has recorded some background vocals on some of the new music.
FALSE.

Rumor: A spokeperson for Van Halen recently clarified that the band isn’t doing anything and that there will definitely be no new album or tour next year.
FALSE. A spokeperson for Van Halen did indeed shoot down the recent rumors of planned tour and an album near completion. He was being honest in doing so, since there is currently neither a tour planned, nor an album near completion. However, he did say that the band is currently “working on stuff”, but gave no further details.

Rumor: The main reason that the band never released a DVD of the 2007-2008 tour was because the band members could not reach a financial agreement over the deal.
FALSE. The reason that it wasn’t released had nothing at all to do with finances. The band simply wasn’t happy enough with the footage and felt that many camera angels weren’t right.

Rumor: Warner Bros is preparing to release Blue-Ray editions of “Live Without a Net” and “Live Right Here Right Now.”
Unknown. We don’t know if this is true or not.

Rumor: Warner Bros is releasing limited edition remastered vinyl releases of Van Halen II, Women And Children First, and 1984 on Dec. 13th, 2010.
True, except for release date. The 3 vinyls will be released, but they’ve been pushed back until sometime in early 2011.

Rumor: Warner Bros is preparing to release re-masters of the Sammy Hagar era catalogue
Partially True. They are talking about releasing remasters of the Sammy Hagar era albums, but nothing has been decided yet.

From: http://www.vhnd.com/2010/12/09/huge-van-halen-update-van-halens-2011-plans-and-the-truth-behind-the-rumors/

vhfanjack
December 9th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I'm close to biting the bait now... This article has got me very close. I never heard any rumours about Chris Cornell, but I hope they come true haha

bellawolfie
December 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Thank you for the information, Man Halen.

Guitarfreak
December 9th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Interesting. Nice to have a boatload of speculation to chew on before the new year. I'm not thrilled to hear that EVH is sifting through old tapes dating back to the Wild Life sessions (come on! just write something new!). Besides, wasn't it Alex Van Halen who once made the absurd comment that they "didn't have any leftover material" from the early albums? :rolleyes:

Odd choice of producer, IMO. I was expecting someone a bit more rock and roll.

unchainedguitars
December 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Clive Davies is right!

That new producer IS the guy for guitar-driven pop!!

Kelly Clarkson, Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff, Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow...
Can you say, "GET READY TO ROCK!!!" :101::101:

rawkinrobbievh1
December 9th, 2010, 01:57 PM
very interesting .......
2011 might still be the return of VH , mach 4.

it'll be neat to hear what treatment (if any) the boys give to some of thieir early unreleased stuff ?

i also don't have a problem with a 'poppy' type producer either .if anything , it might mean that some of the completed tracks could turn out for some decent radio play .

when all is said and done , i just want a new disc from these guys !
then when we've picked our jaws up off the floor , hopefully the VH camp will give in to our LONG overdue wait for vintage video footage and digitally cleaned up versions of demos , live shows , outtakes , ect.....:101:

Dr. Roth
December 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Pop guitar isn't brown. Keep it rockin' and don't try to be Justin Beaver.

rawkinrobbievh1
December 9th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Pop guitar isn't brown. Keep it rockin' and don't try to be Justin Beaver.

good point , Dr. Roth ..
i meant that a pop angle could lead to rotation on radio playlists .

of course we want the new stuff to rock , yet a catchy chorus mixed with a killer solo can be cool too ! (think Beat It , I'll Wait or Jump...all have wicked solos, IMO)

:)

Dr. Roth
December 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
good point , Dr. Roth ..
i meant that a pop angle could lead to rotation on radio playlists .

of course we want the new stuff to rock , yet a catchy chorus mixed with a killer solo can be cool too ! (think Beat It , I'll Wait or Jump...all have wicked solos, IMO)

:)

I love I'll Wait, but I would like another Unchained, or ATBL. I guess I'm just skeptical about the "pop" guy. Four years since the end of the tour and still nothing new leaves me leary. I won't believe there is a new album until I have it in my sticky mits.

rawkinrobbievh1
December 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I love I'll Wait, but I would like another Unchained, or ATBL. I guess I'm just skeptical about the "pop" guy. Four years since the end of the tour and still nothing new leaves me leary. I won't believe there is a new album until I have it in my sticky mits.

i hear ya bro !! how can we NOT be sceptical when it comes to VH ? lol

it's funny you mentioned ATBL , because i played that very tune 3 times in a row last night !! that intro floors me , the tune rocks , and the boys are just ripping it up with a devil-may-care attitude . i love it !:thumbs-up:

Dr. Roth
December 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
With Eddie re-visiting the "vault" for ideas I'm worried. I would venture a guess that we here at CVH.com have heard just about everything Ed has ever put down on tape from those days. Whatever he comes up with from that time will pale in comparison. What is he going to do remake Big Trouble with different lyrics? What about Angel Eyes, or Get the Show On the Road? Those tunes with new lyrics will be shit IMO. Why doesn't he take Baluchitherium and have Dave put words to that?

EDDIE: "Dave, I've come up with 7 or 8 ideas for new tunes. These are all working titles. Some of them you may remember, but a few will be new to you."
1. Eruption
2. Growth
3. Cathedral
4. 1984
5. 316
6. Baluchitherium
7. Primary
8. New World
"See what you can do with them and get back with me."

unchainedguitars
December 9th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Revisiting the more ancient material isn't a good sign.
It means they can't come up with anything new that they both agree on.
I've heard all those unreleased gems, kinda like them as they are/were.
It would be weird to hear this stuff in 2011, with an ageing VH playing them.

I'd prefer all new material, it would be more meaningful.
Then again, VHIII was all new material and...

Achilleslastand
December 9th, 2010, 11:37 PM
For some strange reason the thought of a carrot,string and a horse came to mind..
Guess which one we are?

vhfanjack
December 9th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I'd like a mix of new stuff, and stuff from the vaults. But if they re-do stuff from the vaults, then there's a less likely chance of a vintage boxset.

Hahahaha Achilles, I think I have some ideas.

Guitarfreak
December 10th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I'd prefer all new material, it would be more meaningful.
Then again, VHIII was all new material and...
Even then though, they were using leftovers... Hagar mentioned in one interview re: VHIII that 'A Year To The Day' and one of the other tunes (I think 'Can't Get This Stuff No More', from BOV1) were lying around when he was in the band. That he was working with leftovers from the mid 90s explains to some degree why he was trying to get Gary to sing like Hagar...

I remember a GW interview with Sam and Dave together, when they did that co-headlining tour. The interviewer mentioned Eddie's line about having '10 albums worth of material'. Sam answered (paraphrasing slightly) "Bullshit. I've heard Eddie's material," remarking that it was too scattered and incomplete to qualify as full songs -- something along those line. DLR added that "The Van Halen's haven't missed and opportunity to miss an opportunity in years now".

vhfanjack
December 10th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I remember a GW interview with Sam and Dave together, when they did that co-headlining tour. The interviewer mentioned Eddie's line about having '10 albums worth of material'. Sam answered (paraphrasing slightly) "Bullshit. I've heard Eddie's material," remarking that it was too scattered and incomplete to qualify as full songs -- something along those line. DLR added that "The Van Halen's haven't missed and opportunity to miss an opportunity in years now".

Apart from Sammy and Dave noodling on them a few times, why were they in Guitar World exclusively? It kind of makes sense, but kind of doesn't.
Bear with me, I haven't read an issue in a few months.

Guitarfreak
December 10th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Apart from Sammy and Dave noodling on them a few times, why were they in Guitar World exclusively? It kind of makes sense, but kind of doesn't.
Bear with me, I haven't read an issue in a few months.
It was from a few years ago, when they toured together. Did a quick topic search, here's what I copied from the interview at the time, in 2002:

GW: Is there anything in the works?

DLR: There's nothing going on. There's no communication. And if Roth's not in the band and the band's not on tour, who gives a flying fuck? We've been talking about it for 15 years. Suit up, show up or don't. But that item's on the menu and one day it's gonna happen.

SH: I don't think it's ever gonna happen for either one of us. Ed and Al have a problem that none of us understand and maybe it's because Eddie's real ill [this was around the time of his cancer treatment]. But there's something definately wrong. These guys have been out of it so long and have no record and no nothing.

GW: They've talked about having 3 albums worth of stuff in the can.

SH: Bullshit. I've heard Eddie's material. When I joined the band he had all sorts of material too. It's just a bunch of jams, man. You just go in there and roll the tape and he and Al blow. If you edit that down, you've got about five or six good songs out of about 20 hours of music.

GW: Are you surprised that VH recently got dropped from Warner Bros.?

DLR: It's not a shock. The Van Halens are in some sort of spiral that hopefully they can break. What's going on with them is emotional and medical as well as spiritual. In that respect I don't have any antagonism. But the Van Halens haven't seemed to miss an opprotunity to miss an opprotunity for the last five summers. For me, music and performance is an every-day-starting-at-breakfast kind of thing. It would appear that the Van Halens are wholly distracted from that kind of lifestyle at this moment. And to any musicians, I say the same thing they say in an American Literature class in university: If you you are a writer, then you always write. If you are a musician, you will always make music.

SH: I think it's crazy for Warner Bros. to drop them, and it just shows the nuttiness of the recording industry. Honestly, I don't know what's going on with Ed and Al, but there's something that's bad, bad wrong. You can't have the biggest band in the world and one of the number one rock acts in history be out of a record deal and have no lead singer. It's probably the worst rock and roll story in history - how a band can go from being the biggest and baddest down to absolute zero.

I've really come to appreciate Hagar's frankness during these past few years, even if I don't care for the stuff he did with VH.

That interview is still the toughest language I've heard Roth use toward the band as well.

JONEZY
December 10th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the interview Guitarfreak. Never saw that before.

punkatomic
December 10th, 2010, 12:50 PM
"SH: Bullshit. I've heard Eddie's material. When I joined the band he had all sorts of material too. It's just a bunch of jams, man. You just go in there and roll the tape and he and Al blow. If you edit that down, you've got about five or six good songs out of about 20 hours of music."

And the songs Hagar picks in 2004 is Up For Breakfast, About Time and whatever that other song is. Those 3 songs made the cut?

SHUT THE FRONT THE DOOR!

Outtalove
December 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
...Annnnnnd we're back!
I now have a reason to be back to commentary versus just reading the posts over the last two years.
At the very least, we can feel confident that they'll be doing... something, next year.
I actually feel like they'll cut a record and release it, and ya know what? we'll probably like it and hate it, but we'll at least, have something from the van Halen camp.
How bad can it be? Just because the guy produces Miley "Hey everyone, it's time for me to be a slut now" Cyrus, doesn't mean he can't bring forth a killer record from the boys...
again, I'm just glad they're doing something up on Howdy Doody Mountain...

unchainedguitars
December 10th, 2010, 04:37 PM
It gets dicey when the producer is also a writer.
I have a feeling this guy is going to co-write whatever new tracks we get.
His track record of Miley & Hilary scares me a teensy bit, because you know there's gonna be a lot of extra gloss.

Still...

It can't be worse than "Once" or "Josephina."
I think i'd rather hear "Party in the USA" over any of those two songs!

Guitarfreak
December 11th, 2010, 12:34 AM
It gets dicey when the producer is also a writer.
I have a feeling this guy is going to co-write whatever new tracks we get.
His track record of Miley & Hilary scares me a teensy bit, because you know there's gonna be a lot of extra gloss.
Agreed completely, just listen to the Aerosmith stuff pre-Marti Fredrikson (who wrote most of Just Push Play and some of Nine Lives), or the difference between the Scorpions' Humanity Hour 1 (written with Desmond Child) versus Blackout, or even the last one (Sting In The Tail). Producers can think of great hooks, but in the end it's no substitute for a team effort.

... And say what you will of Once and Josephina, but those are 100% Ed Van Halen. :tounge: VH3 is pretty much a solo album for him.

rawkinrobbievh1
December 11th, 2010, 07:29 AM
good call , Guitarfreak .
i think that 'Once' has some very emotional music and is very expressive stuff from Eddie . i really like how he uses his guitar to mimic the vocal scats by Cherone towards the end of the song . it reminds me a bit of the call-and-response type stuff that Roth and Eddie used to pull off .

and 'Josephina' is a great example of Ed's more 'outside the box' songwriting , IMO. vocals and lyrics aside , the music is a bit more complex with a different tuning , and chord voicings that are somewhat more difficult to grab .

other favs of mine off VHIII are 'From Afar' and 'Year to the Day' .
brilliant music , and masterful playing from Eddie . if the whole record was released as an instrumental solo effort by EVH , i bet it would be deemed a classic must have .:101:

Dr. Roth
December 13th, 2010, 07:51 AM
i think that 'Once' has some very emotional music and is very expressive stuff from Eddie . i really like how he uses his guitar to mimic the vocal scats by Cherone towards the end of the song . it reminds me a bit of the call-and-response type stuff that Roth and Eddie used to pull off .

and 'Josephina' is a great example of Ed's more 'outside the box' songwriting , IMO. vocals and lyrics aside , the music is a bit more complex with a different tuning , and chord voicings that are somewhat more difficult to grab .

ther favs of mine off VHIII are 'From Afar' and 'Year to the Day' .
brilliant music , and masterful playing from Eddie . if the whole record was released as an instrumental solo effort by EVH , i bet it would be deemed a classic must have .:101:

All though VH3 had some good ones "How many Say I" is fucking awful by anyones standards. Then playing that steaming terd live was sinful. Eddie has lost the map and has no way of finding it.

Doc

Guitarfreak
December 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
All though VH3 had some good ones "How many Say I" is fucking awful by anyones standards. Then playing that steaming terd live was sinful. Eddie has lost the map and has no way of finding it.

Doc
I hated that tune with a passion when I first heard the album. Felt that Eddie was trying to ape the sappy Boy Band fad of the time with his own vocal ballad.

Gotta fess up though, ten years later I don't mind it so much. I no longer press the stop button when it comes on. I've come to think of it as more of an attempt by EVH to write a Roger Waters style tune, and looking at it this way it doesn't seem so bad IMO.

unchainedguitars
December 13th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I still blame John Kalodner for ruining Aerosmith, by hiring Diane Warren & Desmond child to "revive" the band.
They went from "No Surprize" to the love theme from Armageddon.
Kalodner is deemed this saviour of the band, but the truth is, Aerosmith never sounded like Aerosmith ever again.

Ozzy did something similar his last couple albums, where the producer wrote the majority of the songs.
I remember Zakk bitching about it on one record, and also Gus G. saying all the songs were written by the time he was hired.

Doesn't sound like a band to me.

I picture VH going that same route, hiring Max Martin or Linda Perry to submit "ideas."
I hope it doesn't come to that.
Look what Clive Davies did to poor Carlos Santana!

Mallonmusic
December 20th, 2010, 10:23 PM
If this is true all i can think is, Jan? You mean they havent even started recording yet WTF? If they havent started recording just think how long it will be until we hear anything from them? We all know how slow they work! I don't know...........

DefLeppardVanHalen
December 23rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
Let's just hope things don't fall apart like the sessions around 2000-2001.

rawkinrobbievh1
December 24th, 2010, 02:20 PM

the waiting has been long and tough , but i think this time our guys in VH are gonna come through ....:)

rawkinrobbievh1
December 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM
If this is true all i can think is, Jan? You mean they havent even started recording yet WTF? If they havent started recording just think how long it will be until we hear anything from them? We all know how slow they work! I don't know...........

i know eh Mallon ??
i was hoping the Jan. release rumor was true .:(

if they start to assemble tracks early in 2011 , let's hope they get their game faces on and crank 'em out quickly !

none of us are getting any younger , including the VH guys themselves .:57:

unchainedguitars
December 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Eddie:

You will be hearing new music very, very soon.
We plan to write the material by early next year, then get in the studio no later than 2012, 2013 at the latest...
We'll get it mixed & mastered, and if all goes according to plan, you'll hear some new material by 2016, hopefully...:tounge:

rawkinrobbievh1
December 29th, 2010, 01:08 PM

AMEN to that !

i1sum2!
January 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
OMG! IT'S EDDIE VAN HALEN FLIP FLOPS! FOR ME? IT'S JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/CashGrabwithFlipFlops.jpg

That's what you'll be getting in 2011.;)

Along with last year's official website wish:

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM VAN HALEN

Los Angeles, CA -- December 29, 2009

Happy New Year to our fans, friends and family.

May 2010 bring health, happiness, peace and love to you and yours.

Keep Rockin'
Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang

http://www.van-halen.com/news.html

Suckers!:jerk:

i1sum2!
January 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Ed keeps shitting on his legacy by selling all of this garbage that's way overpriced, instead of making music or releasing a proper boxset/DVD of the old days.

This is pretty much what they think of their fans:

Guitarfreak
January 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Classic photo right there, Sum. Captures in a single picture, the band's attitude and output in the last four to five years or so.

unchainedguitars
January 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
VH wasted another year, but then again, so did i (waiting on them).

I think it was just over a year ago, the big announcement was forthcoming.
These guys have NOTHING left in the tank, by my estimation.
They can't even cobble together a bunch of old songs, and get Dave & Ed to agree on which mic to use.

LAZIEST BAND ON THE PLANET!

We don't have any new material, or even a DVD or a box-set for ya, this year, BUT...

We got striped Flip Flops!
VH has officially become Jimmy Buffett, YES!!!!!

zozo5150
January 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Van Halen's website is a complete joke. If their plans are to truly release new material they should at least update their site. Van Halen is amazing lazy, no updates in over a year. The website has been the exact same since 2007. That's sad.

unchainedguitars
January 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
They could at least post: Congrats, Val!

Valerie got married on New Year's day, to...uh...that guy that isn't Eddie.

i1sum2!
January 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
They could at least post: Congrats, Val!

Valerie got married on New Year's day, to...uh...that guy that isn't Eddie.

You really don't want bring up Val anymore. She's in the past for Deaddy. Besides, that one dude here who is so obsessed with her will run with it. Deaf Leopard something....I forget his name.

unchainedguitars
January 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
TV Guide reports:

Valerie is extremely excited, having tied the knot for the second time, at age 50.
"After Eddie and i divored, i met this other guy, and it really has been a blessing on so many levels.
While i'm so proud of my time with Ed, i'm ready to begin this new chapter of my life with this other guy.
Me & this other guy cannot wait to begin living the rest of our days, together!"

Val's rockstar hubby ex, recently wed his publicist, Janie Liew....something Polish...
And now Bertenelli has settled with her own, current love interest, some guy that isn't Eddie Van Halen.

Ice Cream Man
January 3rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
I didn't think it could be true that Van Halen's site would still be wishing us a great 2010, but lo and behold...it is.

unchainedguitars
January 3rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
The mighty VH has finally become...

THE LAZEST BAND ON THE PLANET!!!!!! :101:

JONEZY
January 4th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Time for another porn to be made at the Van Halen household.

Whoops, did I say porn? I meant to say, serious movie that just happens to include cum shots.:)

vhfanjack
January 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Time for another porn to be made at the Van Halen household.

Whoops, did I say porn? I meant to say, serious movie that just happens to include cum shots.:)

With a director that has a "vision like Spielberg", or whatever he said...

unchainedguitars
January 4th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I just remember it was the most distracting porn i had ever seen!

Here's two blondes going at it, cut to explosion, cut to blondes, cut to gartuitous MTV edits, cut to...

You couldn't get any sort of rhythm happening, with your hand.

i1sum2!
January 5th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Making porn music was really a low point for him as far as I'm concerned. To think that he even allowed them to film it in his own house too. Then, when he erased Michael Anthony from the site was just lower than low. I lost whatever shred of respect I may have had for him after that. Ed is a very spiteful guy unfortunately. He also doesn't use his time wisely. Just think of how little we have from him in the past fifteen years. He's never had his priorities right.

unchainedguitars
January 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Looking back, his behaviour was, uh, erratic.

I'm still convinced all the coke & booze had long term effects, making him this paranoid & irrational person.
Erasing Michael Anthony on those album covers was completely bizarre & completely immature.

Why did Alex NOT intervene, there?

Allowing a porno to be filmed in your freaking house is bizarre behaviour.
Reducing your talents & status by contributing to said porn, is bizarre behaviour.

Ed was in a bad state, during that period.

vhfanjack
January 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Where was Wolfie when the porno was being filmed? Wasn't he like 14 then? I wouldn't complain, but that's bad parenting...

Mallonmusic
January 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I didn't think it could be true that Van Halen's site would still be wishing us a great 2010, but lo and behold...it is.

Yea thats sad! Even the Beatles website is more up to date. And they broke up 40 years ago! But really,,,,,,,,come on VH even if your not doing anything or have anything new to post you can still make your page a little better! Very sad looking page for such a band of there fame:57:

Mallonmusic
January 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Speaking of websites. Not only has this page be jacked for several day? But FREAK hasnt even been on here since the second week of Dec! This place kinda feels like van-halen.com!

i1sum2!
January 8th, 2011, 06:40 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/edfordummies.png

unchainedguitars
January 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Speaking of websites. Not only has this page be jacked for several day? But FREAK hasnt even been on here since the second week of Dec! This place kinda feels like van-halen.com!

Maybe VHfreak has been Eddie Van Halen, all along! :tounge:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I just remember it was the most distracting porn i had ever seen!

Here's two blondes going at it, cut to explosion, cut to blondes, cut to gartuitous MTV edits, cut to...

You couldn't get any sort of rhythm happening, with your hand.

i bought the Sacred Sin dvd but only for the Eddie related music vids . once i made a dvd copy of Catherine and Rise , i sold the original to a used music store here in my town ..:plain:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Where was Wolfie when the porno was being filmed? Wasn't he like 14 then? I wouldn't complain, but that's bad parenting...

Wolfie was up in the bathroom during one of his *ahem* marathon sessions !! lol
didn't Eddie even say that Wolf spent about 40-mins in mens room with the door locked sometimes ??

ahhhh , to be going through puberty again !:tounge:;)

Mallonmusic
January 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Maybe VHfreak has been Eddie Van Halen, all along! :tounge:

Hmmm? You mite have something there;)

Mallonmusic
January 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/edfordummies.png

Ha love it!!!!!!!

unchainedguitars
January 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hmmm? You mite have something there;)

Thus, Sum being banned!

Eddie just tweeted:

Had a great time at Val's wedding...
Just heard Sum was banned from BBFFFL, haha...

Mallonmusic
January 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Thus, Sum being banned!

Eddie just tweeted:

Had a great time at Val's wedding...
Just heard Sum was banned from BBFFFL, haha...

Wow:wow: I could really see Ed posting that:tounge: Well if he ever did anything to keep his adoring fans informed, witch he dosent!

rawkinrobbievh1
January 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Ha love it!!!!!!!

me too !
Sum does/did have some awesome photos and comments ....:101:

Kimmie5150
January 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM

ther favs of mine off VHIII are 'From Afar' and 'Year to the Day' .

AMEN! You like VHIII too???? OMGH!!! I think I love you! :hyper:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM
AMEN! You like VHIII too???? OMGH!!! I think I love you! :hyper:

thanks for the compliment Kimmie !!

to be honest , i got a new home theater system for Xmas , and i had on VHIII last night -- in it's entirety .

i'm a fan of all three eras of the Mighty Van Halen , as well as the wealth of unofficial boots from pre 1978 , plus all the demos from then until present.

oh yeah ..., i also enjoy his outside contributions to others projects as well . ie: Starfleet , Sacred Sin , Roger Waters , Nicolette Larson , Thomas Dolby , etc.:wow:

EVH is still the king of rock guitar , IMO !!:101::beers:

Kimmie5150
January 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
thanks for the compliment Kimmie !!

to be honest , i got a new home theater system for Xmas , and i had on VHIII last night -- in it's entirety .

i'm a fan of all three eras of the Mighty Van Halen , as well as the wealth of unofficial boots from pre 1978 , plus all the demos from then until present.

oh yeah ..., i also enjoy his outside contributions to others projects as well . ie: Starfleet , Sacred Sin , Roger Waters , Nicolette Larson , Thomas Dolby , etc.:wow:

EVH is still the king of rock guitar , IMO !!:101::beers:

You sound like my long lost brother!

NO DOUBT! ED IS IT! PERIOD!!!!!!:hyper:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
You sound like my long lost brother!

NO DOUBT! ED IS IT! PERIOD!!!!!!:hyper:

good golly , where have you been all my life !? lol

cheers , to my new rock 'n roll EVH lovin' sister :hyper::beers:

Kimmie5150
January 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM
good golly , where have you been all my life !? lol

cheers , to my new rock 'n roll EVH lovin' sister :hyper::beers:

In my own little VH world.....:ylsuper:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 14th, 2011, 08:44 PM
In my own little VH world.....:ylsuper:

lol , that sounds awesome !
i've had my VH bubble built around me for about 25 years now !!;)

Kimmie5150
January 15th, 2011, 03:19 AM
lol , that sounds awesome !
i've had my VH bubble built around me for about 25 years now !!;)

You've got a bubble....I've created an entire ED! WORLD! :colgate:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 15th, 2011, 06:24 AM
i'd like to raise a toast to Kimmie5150 ....
' the coolest woman in the world !! ' ;) :beers:

Kimmie5150
January 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM
i'd like to raise a toast to Kimmie5150 ....
' the coolest woman in the world !! ' ;) :beers:

Awwwww! Thank you sweetie! :colgate:

Hey, it's not a choice, I was born this way! ;)

unchainedguitars
January 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah???

I have an entire Ed universe, built around me!

Kimmie5150
January 16th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Oh yeah???

And now, we all shall bow down to Mr. Unchained......he's the craziest one of all! ;):colgate:

Mallonmusic
January 29th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Oh yeah???

That sounds posable since Ed lives in his OWN WORLD? That there would be an Ed universe:thumbs-up:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM
lol very true Mall !
ED IS in his own world , and that's fine by me ..;)

i just wish he'd give us all a few more glimpses inside from time to time ?

Mallonmusic
January 29th, 2011, 01:20 PM
lol very true Mall !
ED IS in his own world , and that's fine by me ..;)

i just wish he'd give us all a few more glimpses inside from time to time ?

And thats what gets me the most! He has the balls to just go and hide in his little hole and peak out when ever he feels like it and just expect that we will all be here:57: Most bands that give a crap about there fans and the fact that there still out there will at least throw them a bone from time to time! They for the most part are like go fuck your selfs and leave us alone! But then when they get there shit together to do anything there like hey everyone come bow down to us "were back":jerk:

rawkinrobbievh1
January 29th, 2011, 03:32 PM
And thats what gets me the most! He has the balls to just go and hide in his little hole and peak out when ever he feels like it and just expect that we will all be here:57: Most bands that give a crap about there fans and the fact that there still out there will at least throw them a bone from time to time! They for the most part are like go fuck your selfs and leave us alone! But then when they get there shit together to do anything there like hey everyone come bow down to us "were back":jerk:

as much as i'm an Eddie fan , i agree with you here totally bro !!
it's very frustrating , especially with today's technology , when a short clip or update could satisfy so many of their diehard fanbase .

the VH camp have been quiet for too long , save for the EVH gear and apparel releases.
and now , when it's CLEAR that something big is going down in the studio , you'd think they could toss out a teaser of some sort ??

:57: