PDA

View Full Version : Irving Azoff of Live Nation Counting on VH Tour!

brianp88
October 4th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Looks like Irving Azoff is banking on VH having a successful tour in 2011. Check out the USA Today Article here:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2010/10/live-nation-counts-on-concert-warhorses-to-revive-ticket-sales-next-year/1

Sounds promising to me!

rawkinrobbievh1
October 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
i agree brian .
the ducks are seemingly being lined in a row for VH in 2011 :)

unchainedguitars
October 4th, 2010, 02:11 PM
These ticket bastards are so cluless.

They charge you ridiculous ticket prices, then factor in these invisible fees, then rape you for parking & merchandise...

No wonder they saw a huge decline in 2010.
It's just pure greed & insanity.

An ancient Van Halen or Rolling Stones, long past their prime, is not worth 200.00 a ticket!

brianp88
October 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM

They charge you ridiculous ticket prices, then factor in these invisible fees, then rape you for parking & merchandise...

An ancient Van Halen or Rolling Stones, long past their prime, is not worth 200.00 a ticket!

Agreed on the ticket prices and merchandise prices -- it's too high. In this day and age though, with VH appealing to an older crowd, VH ticket prices are going to be pretty high as older folks tend to have more disposable income than the kids do.

On the flip side, I'm just happy to see that Azoff is counting on VH to draw big -- that tells me he has a clue that there's going to be a reason for folks to go out and see them, namely VH touring to support a new album. I hope anyway.

Mallonmusic
October 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Yea those guys just don't get it! You can only rip off people so much, for so long!:plain:

rawkinrobbievh1
October 5th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Agreed on the ticket prices and merchandise prices -- it's too high. In this day and age though, with VH appealing to an older crowd, VH ticket prices are going to be pretty high as older folks tend to have more disposable income than the kids do.

On the flip side, I'm just happy to see that Azoff is counting on VH to draw big -- that tells me he has a clue that there's going to be a reason for folks to go out and see them, namely VH touring to support a new album. I hope anyway.

i agree with this whole post .we'll see next year what goes on .

but UG and Mall made some good remarks too ...;)

i1sum2!
October 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Azoff is a scumbag imo. He's the one that pioneered $100+ tickets way back around 1994 or so when the Eagles regrouped for their tour. From that point on, they went thru the roof thanks to him gouging the shit out of 'em. All he cares about is making himself richer. That just absolutely breaks my heart that he had a bad concert year in 2010. I rarely go to concerts anymore because of guys like him raping us. They're gonna have to lower ticket prices if they want to remain in business. Fans are fed up about this. At least Rush had the decency to allow their fans into the parking lot for free one year. That was class.

Ice Cream Man
October 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
The American Carnage tickets were $60 with all of the fees, which wasn't bad, but even at that price that show was half house and still half full, which either says something about how much Atlanta cares for metal, or how bad the economy really is. (Outside, they wanted $35 for Anthrax T-shirts you could buy at Hot Topic for $15.)

I can remember when the Who reunion tour of 1989 was announced, and tickets were...$25. That was considered sky high at the time, when most tickets were $19. I went along because I figured it was a special show. Then the next thing I knew EVERYBODY wanted $50!

There's no way I would pay $200 to see Van Halen, not even in the cul de sac (well, maybe).

Mallonmusic
October 5th, 2010, 11:27 PM
The American Carnage tickets were $60 with all of the fees, which wasn't bad, but even at that price that show was half house and still half full, which either says something about how much Atlanta cares for metal, or how bad the economy really is. (Outside, they wanted $35 for Anthrax T-shirts you could buy at Hot Topic for $15.)

I can remember when the Who reunion tour of 1989 was announced, and tickets were...$25. That was considered sky high at the time, when most tickets were $19. I went along because I figured it was a special show. Then the next thing I knew EVERYBODY wanted $50!

There's no way I would pay $200 to see Van Halen, not even in the cul de sac (well, maybe).

So do those d-bags control all the major stadium tours?

i1sum2!
October 6th, 2010, 07:37 AM
What's odd is that guys like Azoff and his ilk will say the higher prices are due to "production costs" etc. as a clever way to disguise charging more. When you think about it, the same bands were putting on huge shows back in the eighties before he started gouging everybody. And, for a whole lot less for the same comparable shows. Now that he's VH's manager, he's probably going to have eat some crow thankfully, as there is no way they can charge people what they did for the last outing. Not if all their gonna do is trot out the classics again. Guess he'll have to rely on Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to fill his coffer now.

Mallonmusic
October 12th, 2010, 07:06 PM
What's odd is that guys like Azoff and his ilk will say the higher prices are due to "production costs" etc. as a clever way to disguise charging more. When you think about it, the same bands were putting on huge shows back in the eighties before he started gouging everybody. And, for a whole lot less for the same comparable shows. Now that he's VH's manager, he's probably going to have eat some crow thankfully, as there is no way they can charge people what they did for the last outing. Not if all their gonna do is trot out the classics again. Guess he'll have to rely on Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to fill his coffer now.

And the longer they wait to do anything the fewer people there will be to attend the shows:57: I still want some new shit out of them tour/album but not as much as i did after the last tour. And if its next year at this time and no word from them. Then i really doubt i'll have any interest;)

i1sum2!
October 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
There's only two ways that Azoff and VHIV will be able to command those same high prices as last tour. Number one: they have to release a new album or Two: Get Mike back.

At this point, I wouldn't want Mike to go back because he'll be treated like a hired gun just like Dave is now. It would be demeaning, to have to put up with all their bullshit, their emotional baggage. Especially when he's in a lot better place now. There was a time when I might have said yes to that notion, but that's passed. The timing is completely wrong and they (VH Bros) let the only and best window of opportunity pass them by. If it was ever going to happen, then it should have in 2007. To try that now after Wolfgang, would be ridiculous. As always, Van Halen gets it wrong.

Azoff is going to have to lower prices even if all they do is tour on a new release. People can't afford those outrageous prices now due to the economy. The idiots who do agree to pay them are guilty of allowing him to keep on charging high prices. It's always whatever the market bears. Supply and demand. If people give in to those prices, then they can keep charging you them.

rawkinrobbievh1
October 13th, 2010, 11:39 AM
your whole post above made perfect sense , sum .
a new cd and/or tour with Dave AND mike back in the fold would justify a high ticket price IMO. it would just be too great to pass up .

VH have indeed wasted or turned their backs on too many chances to make things right for the diehard fans ....
i still respect the CVH legacy and still list Eddie as my #1 guitar hero though .

Azoff should be bitch slapped for his insane ticket prices in this economy , yet you made a great point about the consumers giving in . it really is supply and demand .

i'm praying that we get the the new VH disk and tour for 2011. obviously they're both long overdue , but i'd say the boys deserve to give us 'one more for the road' :101:

Man Halen
October 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM
We'll see...

punkatomic
October 13th, 2010, 02:14 PM
LOL!

They grossed more money during ther last tour without Mike!

Why do they need Mike again?

As for ticket prices! Too bad. Prices for everything has gone up since the "GOOD OL DAYS" If you think the prices are too high, DON'T BUY IT! Seems pretty simple to me.

Van Halen didn't have any problem selling tickets on the last tour

i1sum2!
October 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
You really have nothing to compare that too though punk. Had they done one at the right opportunity, things would have been waaaay different and you know it. I love how you still continually drag that bloated figure into so many VH conversations. It's really NOT a true indication of the greatness of said tour, nor does it reflect what each guy actually made after paying everybody from the production crew to the camp mutt's chow fund.

Azoff will continue to rape fans should they give into his ticket prices. Many will I suspect, even some from this very site.;)

Van Halen didn't have any problem selling tickets last tour simply because people caved and went anyway, mainly just to see two of a four man band. I'll never understand that as long as I live either? I guess I'm different in the fact that I won't shell out serious dough for just two people. Nor a watered down band. Lots of people got took, which is exactly what Azoff & Co. were counting on.

Dr. Roth
October 14th, 2010, 08:20 AM
You really have nothing to compare that too though punk. Had they done one at the right opportunity, things would have been waaaay different and you know it. I love how you still continually drag that bloated figure into so many VH conversations. It's really NOT a true indication of the greatness of said tour, nor does it reflect what each guy actually made after paying everybody from the production crew to the camp mutt's chow fund.

Azoff will continue to rape fans should they give into his ticket prices. Many will I suspect, even some from this very site.;)

Van Halen didn't have any problem selling tickets last tour simply because people caved and went anyway, mainly just to see two of a four man band. I'll never understand that as long as I live either? I guess I'm different in the fact that I won't shell out serious dough for just two people. Nor a watered down band. Lots of people got took, which is exactly what Azoff & Co. were counting on.

You are right Sum. With Mike the tour would have been huge. You also have to remember that there were no $750.00(or what ever the price was) seats in 1984. I paid the price to see Dave, Ed and Al play the hits up close and personal like. I will not pay that type of money again. I will go, but buy the "cheap" seats. I never got to see them in the good 'ol days like you did. If I had I would have done things differently.

Doc

i1sum2!
October 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
You are right Sum. With Mike the tour would have been huge. You also have to remember that there were no $750.00(or what ever the price was) seats in 1984. I paid the price to see Dave, Ed and Al play the hits up close and personal like. I will not pay that type of money again. I will go, but buy the "cheap" seats. I never got to see them in the good 'ol days like you did. If I had I would have done things differently.

Doc

I think the 2004 prices were actually higher than any on the last tour simply because of those rings. They offered them in that exclusive deal which was new at the time I remember where you purchase tickets online. Ticketbastard had something like a twenty second time limit to give them your credit card info and if you couldn't, you would get kicked off of their site. Lots of people didn't get, as you might imagine, and were quite pissed with their new system. Now, here we are today, and none other than Mr. Azoff, he of the Live Nation Empire, merged his company with Ticketbastard. The two most despised ticket outlets as a corporate entity. It's a no win situation for all fans basically.

Ice Cream Man
October 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM
The Anthrax/Megadeth/Slayer tickets were just $60 for floor seats even after Ticketbastard got their share. Granted this tour seemed desperate to sell some tickets because as I look at You Tube every venue looked barely half-full , but I think the $60 price proves you could bring out not just one but three great bands for an affordable price if you wanted to. Wanting to is the part that's hard to come by.

unchainedguitars
October 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Had Metallica been on that "Carnage" bill, tickets would have been a lot higher.

Sadly, Megadeth & Anthrax are dwarfed by the behemoth that Metallica has become.
Everyone knows Metallica, like everyone knows U2.

I remember, during the Mustaine event, curious customers & passer-by kept asking me who Dave Mustaine is?
When i mentioned Megadeth, they looked at me in confusion.
Then when i added, "and he was the original guitarist in Metallica," everyone was like, "Ohhhhh, i know them!"

No wonder Dave has a chip on his shoulder! LOL.

rawkinrobbievh1
October 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Had Metallica been on that "Carnage" bill, tickets would have been a lot higher.

Sadly, Megadeth & Anthrax are dwarfed by the behemoth that Metallica has become.
Everyone knows Metallica, like everyone knows U2.

I remember, during the Mustaine event, curious customers & passer-by kept asking me who Dave Mustaine is?
When i mentioned Megadeth, they looked at me in confusion.
Then when i added, "and he was the original guitarist in Metallica," everyone was like, "Ohhhhh, i know them!"

No wonder Dave has a chip on his shoulder! LOL.

i agree ! Mustaine has made quite a name for himself with his band and is a great player , yet Metallica has overshadowed his work and popularity for the most part .

regarding the tickets prices earlier , was the triple bill with Slayer , ect. a full production show ? meaning did they have a stripped down stage or were all the gear and pyro still being used ?
just curious ....;)

Mallonmusic
October 17th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Either way ticket prices are way out of line!!!!

rawkinrobbievh1
October 17th, 2010, 06:44 PM
most prices are too steep .
by comparison , i just bought 2 tickets for OZZY that cost me $120.00.
they're almost nosebleed seats , but i don't need to be in the mosh pit anymore ! lol

as long as i can hear the tunes , see the big screen and have easy access to the beer line and bathroom -- i'm good to go !:101:

unchainedguitars
October 17th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Why does Ozzy keep doing those gay-ass, mini-movie intros?

This year, he superimposes himself in "Twilight" or "New Moon," and it's just not funny.
It's a fucking heavy metal concert, it's not the place.
And he does this every tour!

I miss the old, dangerous Ozzy with Randy & Jake.

i1sum2!
October 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM

This year, he superimposes himself in "Twilight" or "New Moon," and it's just not funny.

Reminds me of a song...

change, nuthin' stays the same!

Ozzy has been reading the words off of the teleprompter for some time now. Glad I got to see him before he started doing that.;)

I wouldn't doubt that Sharon is in cahoots with Mr. Azoff somehow these days.

rawkinrobbievh1
October 18th, 2010, 05:08 PM

i haven't seen Ozzy since he toured with Joe Holmes , so i'm super stoked to see this show !
i would've loved to see either tour he did with Jake and of course Randy .:101:

rawkinrobbievh1
October 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Reminds me of a song...

change, nuthin' stays the same!

Ozzy has been reading the words off of the teleprompter for some time now. Glad I got to see him before he started doing that.;)

I wouldn't doubt that Sharon is in cahoots with Mr. Azoff somehow these days.

cool quote from a badass song !

Sharon and Azoff are most likely scheming to control the entire music and ticket industry . i used to get a kick out of Sharon's potty mouth and her 'fuck you' attitude , but the novetly has long worn off , IMO.

and don't get me started on that puke known as Mr. Ass=off .:tounge:

Mallonmusic
October 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
cool quote from a badass song !

Sharon and Azoff are most likely scheming to control the entire music and ticket industry . i used to get a kick out of Sharon's potty mouth and her 'fuck you' attitude , but the novetly has long worn off , IMO.

and don't get me started on that puke known as Mr. Ass=off .:tounge:

I feel the same way about Ozzy!:whatsthat:

i1sum2!
October 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/oz36en1.jpg

:D:tounge:

Mallonmusic
October 19th, 2010, 06:38 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/oz36en1.jpg

:D:tounge:

Same to you Ozzy. Now go make another shitty record!;)

i1sum2!
October 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Lol. Yew bloomin' Yankees!:D

Anyway, back on topic, I remember the good old days when you earned your seat(s) the hard way and stood outside the box office window in the elements no matter what it was! I stood outside all night long in 2 degree weather one night with about twenty or other peeps trying to score killer front row seats for Bon Jovi on his first big tour after he broke. Next morning scored two excellent seats. No, I'm not a fan, but did this for a gal friend of mine who, like a million other chicks, was in love with Jon Bon. I knew there would be all kinds of women at that show and no way in hell was I passing it up!

The sad part to my story though is that she had just got herself a great job in the medical field and didn't want to take off (she worked nights in a major hospital) and so we never went. This came about like two days before the show sooooo, we never made it. I was pissed at first, but now realize that she did the right thing. Still doing that to this day and making good money. Somewhere, tacked up on a wall probably, enshrined in a diamond studded frame, is that ticket I bought her.;)

I won the "Atta Boy" award for sure.

Nowadays, you've got to contend with rich corporate assholes buying up blocks of tickets down front (and sometimes never even use them!) or ticket brokers putting the royal screw to you. It's a totally different ballgame today than back then. I paid $13.50 to see Van Halen on their 1984 tour if ya can believe that! And it was a huge stage production too.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/vhticket19841.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/Vh3.jpg

Ice Cream Man
October 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM
regarding the tickets prices earlier , was the triple bill with Slayer , ect. a full production show ? meaning did they have a stripped down stage or were all the gear and pyro still being used ?
just curious ....;)There was no pyro, but Slayer brought their fake amp stacks and had two eagles suspended behind them and opened the show with a sheet covering the stage and a projection of blood cells for the opening song. Megadeth and Anthrax just had screens behind them with album cover art and I suspect they were both playing through modelers instead of real amps. But the lights were good and the P.A. was definitely loud as hell. I was standing directly in front of the woofer, and when Dave Lombardo was playing I could feel my t-shirt vibrating!

When Anthrax went on there couldn't have been more than 800 people in there, maybe 500 of them on the floor, and it was still nowhere near full when the others went on. Like I say, a half house in an arena that would hold 12,000, and then the half house about half full, 3,000. And that's been about the crowd in every city, from what I can tell. 3,000 for three bands that were huge in my teenage years! I was really surprised.

unchainedguitars
October 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM
There is something just plain wrong, in my mind, regarding these old school metal & hard rock bands using modeler amps!

Back in the day, it was stacks of Marshalls, and you cannot beat that.
I realize many were "dummy" amps, but they still had a couple cabs & heads cranked, as it should be.

Anthrax & Slayer are basically neutering the heavy metal experience, by saving on costs associated with playing through REAL amps.

It's one thing if your dicking around in your bedroom, but it's another playing on the big stages with actual crowds.
Make the effort, guys!

Ice Cream Man
October 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM
Slayer had a couple of cabinets miced so I think it was the real sound from them, as the headliners, but with Megadeth and Anthrax having nothing on the stage, I tend to think those were modelers, especially with Megadeth getting such a variety of sounds and with studio-quality reverb and delays. From Chris Broderick I would hear a 4x12 Mesa Boogie sound, then I would hear a little 1x12, then a Plexi sort of sound, and the reverbs and delays and occasional chorus sounded like they were coming right off the CD. I first noticed that seeing the movie in the theater, and live it was the same. Don said he got to watch the side stage mixing guy, and Broderick and Mustaine have no footpedals on stage, the guy has a board of their effects and wears some headphones and pushes all the buttons for them.

Don got to go backstage for a little while, and he says Anthrax was definitely using modelers, direct from their racks to the P.A. I also saw a home video Scott Ian did of one of their sound checks on You Tube and he says, "Look at this: we got rid of our back line. How did we do it?" Thanks to Line 6 or somebody like that, Scott!

For sound, you really couldn't tell the difference. They all sounded great, maybe even better because the sound was more controllable. Something about knowing you're hearing the sound of a flaming microchip instead of a flaming tube does take away a little, though, maybe. But the tickets were $60 and the crowd was not huge so I can understand these guys have to survive in the real world, too.

unchainedguitars
October 21st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Still, it's just not the same, in my mind.

The fact that Broderick & Mustaine are getting "studio-like" tones in a live setting, and not having to kick on their own pedals, just feels like cheating to me.

The cool thing about those old live albums is you hear that it's live & not the studio record.
I love hearing Jimmy Page favoring certain parts of songs, attempting to replicate the actual album, i like seeing him step on his wah-wah, too.

Today, it feels like everything is taped & coming from some guy's mac, offstage.

unchainedguitars
October 21st, 2010, 02:14 PM
I remember seeing AC/DC on the "For those about to rock" tour in 1981, when i was 9 years old.

We were positioned at the side of the stage, where Angus would get his oxygen between songs.
I just remember those stacks of Marshalls lined on the stage.

They opened with "Hell's Bells" and after Brian hit the huge bell a few times, i saw Angus coming from the back, adjusting his SG strap, as he walked.
Before he made it to the spotlights, my brother & i watched him take a quick swipe of an A chord (Hell's Bells is an A, right?), just to test the sound in the Garden, and the tone was like this warm, loud, majestic wave that made every hair on my arm stand up.

There were no modeler amps or effects.
It was just an SG through a Marshall, and boy, what a sound!
I'll never forget it.

rawkinrobbievh1
October 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
There was no pyro, but Slayer brought their fake amp stacks and had two eagles suspended behind them and opened the show with a sheet covering the stage and a projection of blood cells for the opening song. Megadeth and Anthrax just had screens behind them with album cover art and I suspect they were both playing through modelers instead of real amps. But the lights were good and the P.A. was definitely loud as hell. I was standing directly in front of the woofer, and when Dave Lombardo was playing I could feel my t-shirt vibrating!

When Anthrax went on there couldn't have been more than 800 people in there, maybe 500 of them on the floor, and it was still nowhere near full when the others went on. Like I say, a half house in an arena that would hold 12,000, and then the half house about half full, 3,000. And that's been about the crowd in every city, from what I can tell. 3,000 for three bands that were huge in my teenage years! I was really surprised.

thanks for the reply , ICM .
it sounds like it was a good time and a pretty wild show ?

glad you enjoyed it , because i've never seen any of those bands live .:(

rawkinrobbievh1
October 21st, 2010, 04:49 PM
There is something just plain wrong, in my mind, regarding these old school metal & hard rock bands using modeler amps!

Back in the day, it was stacks of Marshalls, and you cannot beat that.
I realize many were "dummy" amps, but they still had a couple cabs & heads cranked, as it should be.

Anthrax & Slayer are basically neutering the heavy metal experience, by saving on costs associated with playing through REAL amps.

It's one thing if your dicking around in your bedroom, but it's another playing on the big stages with actual crowds.
Make the effort, guys!

this post makes a lot of sense to me as well . nothing quite matches a cranked up tube amp with a cabinet or two just growling ...

having said that , the modelling technology is great for practicing or recording , IMO .
being an Ed-Head , i went through a 5 year span when i only used his original 5150 Peavey amps , and i loved them !

but i'll never forget 2 seperate jam nights at a local bar ..
once i got up with my Charvel through the house band guitarist's rig and peeled off a few tunes . between sets i asked where the standby switch was on his Randall head , only to be told it was a solid state amp ! pretty good sound .

but the best tone i ever got through another dude's amp was playing a Marshall JCM 800 halfstack that was front loaded with a Boss OD or DS-1
( i can't remember which pedal it was ) whew ... , what a killer f**kin' sound !!
that got me and kept me on the Marshall bandwagon
:101:

Mallonmusic
October 21st, 2010, 11:48 PM
this post makes a lot of sense to me as well . nothing quite matches a cranked up tube amp with a cabinet or two just growling ...

having said that , the modelling technology is great for practicing or recording , IMO .
being an Ed-Head , i went through a 5 year span when i only used his original 5150 Peavey amps , and i loved them !

but i'll never forget 2 seperate jam nights at a local bar ..
once i got up with my Charvel through the house band guitarist's rig and peeled off a few tunes . between sets i asked where the standby switch was on his Randall head , only to be told it was a solid state amp ! pretty good sound .

but the best tone i ever got through another dude's amp was playing a Marshall JCM 800 halfstack that was front loaded with a Boss OD or DS-1
( i can't remember which pedal it was ) whew ... , what a killer f**kin' sound !!
that got me and kept me on the Marshall bandwagon
:101:

I agree that some mod stuff is cool for the studio. We have some line6 pods that sound cool through the board! But live? Tube all the way! There is nothing like a tube amp getting all hot and sounding sweeter by the end of the night. And if you own a line6 amp? You got ripped off and need to re think what your doing and what you want cuz those amps are crap!

Ice Cream Man
October 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
I've got a POD 2.0 (the "bean") that I got for recording, and I absolutely love it. Initially I was going to use it for a live amp, and I was playing it though a little P.A. setup and it really sounded kick ass. I put it on a Vox AC-30 setting and it sounded like a dream. The only shortcoming is if you put it on a high-gain sound, you start getting feedback.

But then I got reeled in to the talk from the guys on the Les Paul Forum who said Line 6 stuff was "toys for kids," and went back to my Music Man and Marshall. It can also sound great.

But now that I learn Anthrax had me throwing my fist in the air and shouting the lyrics to a modeler, I start wondering, am I just a sucker who's denied what my own ears told me and have been swayed by a bunch of 60 year old lawyers who listen to the Beano album 14 times a day (the LPF)?

On the other hand, with something like a POD, all your amps and effects are in one box for $180, so...that takes the fun out of experimenting with new toys.

i1sum2!
October 22nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
The last NINE posts have absolutely nothing to do with Irving Azoff.

Sounds like you guys should be discussing that in the guitar forum where it belongs. Seriously.

Ice Cream Man
October 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM

Sounds like you guys should be discussing that in the guitar forum where it belongs. Seriously.I count TEN, because your post about buying Jon Bon Jovi tickets (suuurrre they weren't for you....suuurrre you're not a fan) also had no mention of Irving Azoff.

rawkinrobbievh1
October 22nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Same to you Ozzy. Now go make another shitty record!;)

ouch !! lol
i hated Black Rain , other than I Don't Wanna Stop .

to my ears and fondness of guitar orientated music , i think his new album Scream is f**kin' awesome !
Gus G. does some wicked stuff on there and Ozzy is singing great , IMO :101::)

rawkinrobbievh1
October 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM

Sounds like you guys should be discussing that in the guitar forum where it belongs. Seriously.

oops , sorry sum !! :(

back on topic .. , Azoff is a leach and another shady character to add to the list of scum in the music industry . :tounge:

rawkinrobbievh1
October 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
I count TEN, because your post about buying Jon Bon Jovi tickets (suuurrre they weren't for you....suuurrre you're not a fan) also had no mention of Irving Azoff.

he he he . i'm staying out of this one !
to quote Al Bundy - " can't we all just get along ? " :tounge:

Ice Cream Man
October 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
he he he . i'm staying out of this one !
to quote Al Bundy - " can't we all just get along ? " :tounge:I'm getting along, just making an observation. ;)

i1sum2!
October 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
I count TEN, because your post about buying Jon Bon Jovi tickets (suuurrre they weren't for you....suuurrre you're not a fan) also had no mention of Irving Azoff.

Really? When it was a comparison story about how things USED to be as compared to Azoff running the show now? You should pull another "you" and move these last nine posts, re-title them for a topic thread, then move them to the guitar shop where they belong. Who cares about a fucking backline when we are supposed to be talking about Azoff here? Only you guitar players, that's who!:tounge:

and uh, if you've read any of my old posts directed to either A.J. or Ravenna about Jon Bon, you would know that I'm certainly not a fan of his.;)

unchainedguitars
October 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
I was gonna say, "Technically, Sum was on topic, because the conversation reflected not only Irving, but ticket prices as well."

Van Halen, in their prime, was like 13, 14 bucks a ticket.
Van Halen, in their old age, will be like 150.00 bucks.
And if you say, "But inflation...", i will say, "go away."

The Ticket bastards have been raping us for ages, now.
I hope they feel the pain of even more empty seats.

Ice Cream Man
October 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
You should pull another "you" and move these last nine posts, re-title them for a topic thread, then move them to the guitar shop where they belong.Only if Vince Neil is mentioned.

unchainedguitars
October 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM
"Hey Tommy, check that out!"

"What, Vince, where?!"

"Right there!"

"Hey!" (starts whistling to get strippers attention)