PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen - Possible Light At The End Of The Tunnel?

punkatomic
June 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM
VAN HALEN - POSSIBLE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?:
It's been a while since I reached out to one of my best sources of Van Halen info over the years, but it had to be done. And I got the information I was hoping for - independent confirmation from a long time source I trust that Van Halen are indeed working towards finishing recording of a long awaited new studio album with David Lee Roth, set for release sometime in the first half of 2011. A single is slated for release before the end of this year, but exact timing still remains very much up in the air. I'm told the relationship between Eddie and Dave remains as complex as ever, but there is a definite desire to get a new record completed....
http://www.melodicrock.com/

Simon Ribeiro
June 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Good news, Punk!

It's gonna happen, I'm sure! :101:

vaijuju
June 30th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I see the light too!:101:

DefLeppardVanHalen
June 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Let's hope they deliver.

ravennaloveseddie
July 1st, 2010, 01:16 AM
Woot! Awesome news, punk - thanks for sharing that. I don't know who writes that webpage, or who his source is, but it's a hopeful rumor and it's another of the stack of them we just keep hearing more and more often these days.....I just keep lookin' forward to it....:101:

vhfanjack
July 1st, 2010, 03:07 AM
The line about Ed and Dave's relationship worries me.

Simon Ribeiro
July 1st, 2010, 06:03 AM
The line about Ed and Dave's relationship worries me.

As far as I know, EVH and DDLR were never buddies. Nothing more than band mates trying to work in a civil way.

vhfanjack
July 1st, 2010, 06:19 AM
But it matches what Sum's source said if you think about it... This could all blow up before they realese something. I'm not getting my hopes up only to get them crushed

Simon Ribeiro
July 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM
But it matches what Sum's source said if you think about it... This could all blow up before they realese something. I'm not getting my hopes up only to get them crushed.

EVH & DDLR are not like Anthrax, man.

Scott & Co. had a new album totally recorded, mixed, mastered and with all the art covers done with their 4th lead singer and, due to the Big 4 Concerts, they fired the guy and erased all the work done to keep in touch with both Bush and Belladonna to discover that none of them wants to keep following with the band after those gigs.

You gotta be patient, man!

Dr. Roth
July 1st, 2010, 08:14 AM
It only takes one sideways look from Dave and this thing is over. Eddie will throw the entire thing right in the crapper and not think twice about it. Three years after the tour was done to record an album. I'll be surprised to see it before the second coming of Jesus.

Doc

vhfanjack
July 1st, 2010, 08:17 AM
Like Jimi's signature says, "The Light at the end of the tunnel, could be an oncoming train"...

As for them not being Anthrax... Ed took that photo with Scott at the NAMM... Maybe Scott gave him some pointers:tounge:

Simon Ribeiro
July 2nd, 2010, 06:02 AM
It only takes one sideways look from Dave and this thing is over. Eddie will throw the entire thing right in the crapper and not think twice about it. Three years after the tour was done to record an album. I'll be surprised to see it before the second coming of Jesus.

Doc

Why Jesus would come back to this planet?

Being crucified once wasn't enough? WTF?

And how many times will you people keep hitting nails to EVH's hands just because the guy acts by his own mind?

Simon Ribeiro
July 2nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Like Jimi's signature says, "The Light at the end of the tunnel, could be an oncoming train"...

As for them not being Anthrax... Ed took that photo with Scott at the NAMM... Maybe Scott gave him some pointers.

Like what? How to play Thrash Metal? How to write lyrics? How to make a great Thrash band become a minor star onto the Big 4 Constelation? How to hold the guitar pick in certain circunstances? How to grow a mustache? How to wear weird and old shoes? How to deal with 04 previous lead singers? How to cut the hair?

Exception made to the Big 4 reference, what else EVH could learn from Ian? Nothing, my friend. ;)

vhfanjack
July 2nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
He'd tell him how to succeed in Online Poker.:D

ravennaloveseddie
July 2nd, 2010, 11:36 AM

Doc

The tour ended June 2, 2008 Doc, so it's really only been a month over 2 years, not 3. During which Ed and Janie got married and Ed had hand surgery and recovery time from that. I'm not trying to start an argument or trying to be hostile here, just pointing out the facts. The guy's got his own life to live and it's not on your or my timetable, it's on his, no matter what people say.

Deciding it's never gonna happen before never comes is a waste of time and energy.

ravennaloveseddie
July 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Why Jesus would come back to this planet?

Being crucified once wasn't enough? WTF?

And how many times will you people keep hitting nails to EVH's hands just because the guy acts by his own mind?

Oh Simon.....hahahaha...good questions, all! :101:

brianp88
July 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
it's taken a little longer than I thought it would, but it is good news. I kinda figured they'd have the album out before Christmas, but the first part of 2011 isn't so bad. I'll wait.

rawkinrobbievh1
July 2nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
The tour ended June 2, 2008 Doc, so it's really only been a month over 2 years, not 3. During which Ed and Janie got married and Ed had hand surgery and recovery time from that. I'm not trying to start an argument or trying to be hostile here, just pointing out the facts. The guy's got his own life to live and it's not on your or my timetable, it's on his, no matter what people say.

Deciding it's never gonna happen before never comes is a waste of time and energy.

totally agree with you on this ravenna !!!
all news lately seems positive . "the boys will be back in town "

unchainedguitars
July 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM

Doc

I agree with this post, completely.
I don't see this thing (if it's even happening) ever coming to fruition, on a public level.

And everything is "reliable sources," with VH.
All these nameless sources, but never anything concrete.
Remember Cat also HAD reliable sources, with that big announcement slated before 2010.
Here it is July, and now the "sources" say the first half of 2011.

These "sources" know about as much as we do.

I predict Roth walking by the end of the year.
Too much dysfunction within Van Halen.

Mallonmusic
July 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM
See that? NEXT YEAR!...............I win!:101:

vhfanjack
July 2nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
Sum has negative news from an unreliable source, and everyone starts criticising him for it and say that it's all false information.
VHND posts positive news from an unreliable source and everyone eats it up... Seems kind of hypocritical.

Still, this new source kind of matches what Sum said about Dave and Ed's supposed new relationship.

Rav, a marraige doesn't take 2 years to plan and undergo, especially not if you're a millionaire who can hire the best of the best to organise it all. As for the hand surgery... He played with a fucked hand for a whole tour; Playing on an album with a recovering hand sounds much easier. Even so, both of those things don't take 2 years. I also think you're forgettting that they haven't realesed an album full of new material for 12 years, and there's no excuse for that. He even said that he has 50 albums worth of material written, yet didn't realese a bit of it.
Why do you think that this news hasn't gone to the public from the band? Because they all know that it'll either fall apart before something gets recorded, or Ed's too scared that it'll fail and will then be able to cancel the whole thing without going against an announcement of a new album.

ravennaloveseddie
July 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
See that? NEXT YEAR!...............I win!:101:

awww.....No dress and high heel run from Mallon for us....*pout* :D

ravennaloveseddie
July 3rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Sum has negative news from an unreliable source, and everyone starts criticising him for it and say that it's all false information.
VHND posts positive news from an unreliable source and everyone eats it up... Seems kind of hypocritical.

Not really hypocritical - I stated that I didn't know who these people were that were being quoted but the the actual information was a "hopeful rumor" that added to the others we've heard lately. Key word being "rumor" there - if you go around believing rumors, you're just silly. We'll see it when it happens.

Rav, a marraige doesn't take 2 years to plan and undergo, especially not if you're a millionaire who can hire the best of the best to organise it all. And how many weddings have you planned, vhfanjack? Actually, the average length of time to plan a wedding is 12-14 months (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_general_wedding_planning_time_line_or_ca lendar), which is about what it took Ed and Janie. They got engaged in August 2008, and married at the end of June 2009. So no, it didn't take two years. But it does take time. And honestly, it doesn't matter. We'll get the album when we get the album....it's not on our time schedule.

As for the hand surgery... He played with a fucked hand for a whole tour; Playing on an album with a recovering hand sounds much easier. Wow, you are one compassionate guy.....How could you even think that about someone you profess to admire? "I want an album so I don't give a crap if he's in pain and his hand's all screwed up. So what if he needs surgery after playing a whole tour with it like that? So what if the surgery will prevent him from losing the use of that hand, his livelihood, his art? Get him in that studio and make him play!! I deserve it cos I bought a couple of albums before. And I want it now." F*ck that noise. If that's how you really feel, you disgust me.

Even so, both of those things don't take 2 years. I also think you're forgettting that they haven't realesed an album full of new material for 12 years, and there's no excuse for that.

Uh...who? The original Van Halen? They broke up, remember? Back in 1985? Do you see a Michael Anthony hanging around anywhere? I don't.

Then they got that Hagar clown in there, and for some years we had Van Hagar, and that's a different story.

Ed stated, at the news conference announcing the '07-'08 tour, that this is "a new band, formed with the intention of continuing on" after the tour. Should they have called it something besides "Van Halen?" Quite possibly....but since it is comprised of 3/4 Van Halens, and they've got the right to use their own name, who am I to call shenanigans?

So, in reality, the "new band," has only been off tour a little over 2 years, as I stated earlier....a reasonable time to take to produce an album, with all that other stuff going on in their lives.

It's not the same band, guys....and it never will be again. I'm content to see what the new Ed has to offer, whenever the band decides to release a new album. I look forward to it.

He even said that he has 50 albums worth of material written, yet didn't realese a bit of it.

The quote is that he has "10 albums worth of material at 5150," grasshopper...:57:

Why do you think that this news hasn't gone to the public from the band? Because they all know that it'll either fall apart before something gets recorded, or Ed's too scared that it'll fail and will then be able to cancel the whole thing without going against an announcement of a new album.
I think the news hasn't come directly from the band yet because the album's not quite finished for release. I cannot speak to your assumptions of what they "all know" or if "Ed's too scared" because I'm not in their heads or their inner circle of friends/colleagues. And neither are you. Everything you said there is just a string of ridiculous insubstantial words. Because you don't know. But it seems you (and several others here) prefer to live under a black cloud of "woe is me, my favorite band is disappointing me. i feel so f*cked over and it's all their fault"......sorry you have to live that way. It must be awful.

rawkinrobbievh1
July 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
ravenna , you ROCK !!!!
and i mean that as a compliment of the highest order !!!!
thank you for putting your ( and a lot of other's ) feelings on this matter , so perfectly ! :)

kudos to you , and you took the words right out of my mouth .
Amen sister !
cheers .....Robbie

jane
July 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
The only safe thing to say about this is " Time will tell "

A honest thing to say about this is " I don't care that much anymore "
The Classic albums are still :101: ....
That's the Van Halen I care about and all that came after that was not the Van Halen I love
so all that " maybe " comes wont probably hold my interest long anyway !
Will I hate it ? I don't know !
Will I listen and give it a fair chance ? Sure !
Will I be honest ? Absolutely !
But I'm not holding my breath nor will I be upset if that new album never comes at all !
Why ? Because it's Van Halen we're talking about ;)

TIME WILL TELL !

ravennaloveseddie
July 3rd, 2010, 05:43 PM
ravenna , you ROCK !!!!
and i mean that as a compliment of the highest order !!!!
thank you for putting your ( and a lot of other's ) feelings on this matter , so perfectly ! :)

kudos to you , and you took the words right out of my mouth .
Amen sister !
cheers .....Robbie

:) Hahaha...I can only speak for myself, Robbie. But thanks for the kudos and the cheers! Back to ya....:beers:

vhfanjack
July 3rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
You got me on the wedding, but who's to say you can't record in between. It's not like he was planning 24/7.

I take back the hand comment.

50 albums, 10 albums, who cares. Point was, where are all of these albums?:57: But I was pretty off!:tounge:

The band Van Halen hasn't realesed a full album for 12 years. There's no excuse for that... They weren't even split up (well they were, but not like let's say... Led Zeppelin?).

Also, most, if not all bands, announce if they're going into the studio to record to make it official. These guys haven't done it, so I'm skeptical.

unchainedguitars
July 4th, 2010, 10:11 PM
You got me on the wedding, but who's to say you can't record in between. It's not like he was planning 24/7.

I take back the hand comment.

50 albums, 10 albums, who cares. Point was, where are all of these albums?:57: But I was pretty off!:tounge:

The band Van Halen hasn't realesed a full album for 12 years. There's no excuse for that... They weren't even split up (well they were, but not like let's say... Led Zeppelin?).

Also, most, if not all bands, announce if they're going into the studio to record to make it official. These guys haven't done it, so I'm skeptical.

NO, SHE DID NOT GET YOU ON THE WEDDING!

How many people do you know, personally, that quit their jobs, or take a leave of absence for TWO YEARS, because they are "planning" a wedding?
Most people work straight up until the big day, and maybe grab a vaca week for a honeymoon.

There is absolutely no excuse for the snail-pace, Ed "works."
Saying he's on the right time table is just completely idiotic & untrue.
I think VH would have released three albums in the time it's taken them to try to record one, if this were 78-80.

And if you have 50 albums "in the can", already, this thing should have hit the streets two years ago.

VH is all about procrastination.
It's their right, but don't preach to me that they are "right on schedule."

Strong Magic
July 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM

Doc

At this point, I don't think that even Jesus could successfully front the Mighty Van Halen. It might be cool, though.
:colgate:

Fly On The Wall
July 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM
NO, SHE DID NOT GET YOU ON THE WEDDING!

How many people do you know, personally, that quit their jobs, or take a leave of absence for TWO YEARS, because they are "planning" a wedding?
Most people work straight up until the big day, and maybe grab a vaca week for a honeymoon.

There is absolutely no excuse for the snail-pace, Ed "works."
Saying he's on the right time table is just completely idiotic & untrue.
I think VH would have released three albums in the time it's taken them to try to record one, if this were 78-80.

And if you have 50 albums "in the can", already, this thing should have hit the streets two years ago.

VH is all about procrastination.
It's their right, but don't preach to me that they are "right on schedule."

I completely agree. It all comes down to procrastination and nothing more. As a comparison, look at what Rush has done lately. If there is a band that has a reason to go more than a decade without any new releases, it's Rush.
1997 - Neil Peart's daughter dies tragically in an automobile accident.
1998 - Neil's wife passes away from cancer.
2000 - Neil remarries.
2002 - Releases Vapor Trails and tours.
2003 - Releases Rush In Rio 3 disc set and dvd.
2004 - Tours to celebrate their 30th year together (R30) and releases
dvd.
2006 - Releases Replay x 3 dvd set.
2007 - Releases Snakes and Arrows album and tours through 2008.
2008 - Releases Snakes and Arrows Live and tours.
2010 - Time Machine Tour (2 new songs released).
2011 - New album to be released and tour to follow.

I certainly hope a new VH album comes out soon, but enough with the excuses.

Mallonmusic
July 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I completely agree. It all comes down to procrastination and nothing more. As a comparison, look at what Rush has done lately. If there is a band that has a reason to go more than a decade without any new releases, it's Rush.
1997 - Neil Peart's daughter dies tragically in an automobile accident.
1998 - Neil's wife passes away from cancer.
2000 - Neil remarries.
2002 - Releases Vapor Trails and tours.
2003 - Releases Rush In Rio 3 disc set and dvd.
2004 - Tours to celebrate their 30th year together (R30) and releases
dvd.
2006 - Releases Replay x 3 dvd set.
2007 - Releases Snakes and Arrows album and tours through 2008.
2008 - Releases Snakes and Arrows Live and tours.
2010 - Time Machine Tour (2 new songs released).
2011 - New album to be released and tour to follow.

I certainly hope a new VH album comes out soon, but enough with the excuses.

I hear ya! Thats my main problem with VH and why i'm so pissy when it comes to them! There excuses are just BULL SHIT! Every other band under the sun seems to keep on keeping on, even with problems in there lives and with the band. But we have to sit back and say "o i understand Ed had a bad year". Yea i understand Ed has had some bad shit come his way. But those problems come and go and months and years later very little or nothing at all happens:57: Any way bla, bla, bla, bla just another day as a VH fan:(

vhfanjack
July 7th, 2010, 03:41 AM
You're exactly right, Fly.

Thanks for backing me up UG:tounge:

Dr. Roth
July 7th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Punk,

It looks like you can close this thread since it has been proven a rumor.

Doc

classicdude
July 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I did see some other "Van Halen News" further down the page of the link from the OP.

SANTANA'S COVERS PARTIALLY REVEALED:
Further to yesterday's news that Santana would cover Van Halen on his upcoming album. One of the Noticeboard regulars dug up this info as far as tracks announced so far. They are:
Cream "Sunshine of Your Love" (with Rob Thomas), The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (with India.Arie and Yo-Yo Ma); Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" (with Joe Cocker); Rolling Stones' "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" (with Scott Weiland); Van Halen's "Dance The Night Away" (with Pat Monahan); Def Leppard's "Photograph" (with Chris Daughtry); AC/DC's "Back In Black" (with Nas); Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" (with Chris Cornell) solo renditions of Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" and Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son".

DefLeppardVanHalen
July 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I saw an article on Sleaze Roxx that Mrs. EVH #2 told Rolling Stone that the latest news on the long-awaited album was simply "rumors."

Mallonmusic
July 7th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I saw an article on Sleaze Roxx that Mrs. EVH #2 told Rolling Stone that the latest news on the long-awaited album was simply "rumors."

Yea we have a whole thread dedicated to that topic on here, check it out:tounge:

Stuglue
July 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Great news that VH are supposedly releasing a new album with DLR. I hope that they release a DVD boxset of all the goodies from the 70's and 80's.
I've got similar stuff from AC/DC and The Ramones as well as Kiss and they all make for interesting viewing so a VH one would be fantastic.

jane
July 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Great news that VH are supposedly releasing a new album with DLR. I hope that they release a DVD boxset of all the goodies from the 70's and 80's.
I've got similar stuff from AC/DC and The Ramones as well as Kiss and they all make for interesting viewing so a VH one would be fantastic.
Dream on !!!!

unchainedguitars
July 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Dream on !!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
(took me by surprise)

VH is silly, here's why:
Suposedly, they cling to this ridiculous notion that, like Zeppelin, a band has to create an air of mystique about them.
Problem is, VH are now in the twilight of their career & popularity, with only the diehards clinging on.
VH is also in their mid fifties, and that aura of mystique evaporated around the time Dave jumped ship.

It's not 1978, anymore, guys.
It's okay to release a box set celebrating the glory years, its okay to put out a DVD that DOESN'T revisit Sammy Hagar.
That aura of mystique is just an aura of irritation in 2010.

It's not 1978.
Your not Led Zeppelin.
Let it go.
Release some archival footage, make some money.
Everyone will be happy.

Dr. Roth
July 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
(took me by surprise)

VH is silly, here's why:
Suposedly, they cling to this ridiculous notion that, like Zeppelin, a band has to create an air of mystique about them.
Problem is, VH are now in the twilight of their career & popularity, with only the diehards clinging on.
VH is also in their mid fifties, and that aura of mystique evaporated around the time Dave jumped ship.

It's not 1978, anymore, guys.
It's okay to release a box set celebrating the glory years, its okay to put out a DVD that DOESN'T revisit Sammy Hagar.
That aura of mystique is just an aura of irritation in 2010.

It's not 1978.
Your not Led Zeppelin.
Let it go.
Release some archival footage, make some money.
Everyone will be happy.

I agree they wanted the mystique back when Dave was in the band originally. Now it just comes across as pure unadulterated laziness, or lazinesses' dumber brother, uncaring.

ravennaloveseddie
July 12th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I agree they wanted the mystique back when Dave was in the band originally. Now it just comes across as pure unadulterated laziness, or lazinesses' dumber brother, uncaring.

Trying to create a "mystique" may be the exact thing that they're doing, and it's the thing that's ticking off all the doubters. It's the same mindset that I wondered about from Ed when he was talking in GW about "why would we put out new music only to have it stolen?"...These guys had a method, a way of going about what they were doing back when they were first together, and it worked spectacularly. So if a plan works, go with it, right?

Well, both the entertainment business and public consumption of music (for lack of a better phrase) are a whole different ball of wax these days. UG's right, it's not 1978 anymore. The "old guard" is running up against a whole new set of rules that go against mostly everything that worked for them in the past, when it worked really well.

Mallonmusic
July 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Trying to create a "mystique" may be the exact thing that they're doing, and it's the thing that's ticking off all the doubters. It's the same mindset that I wondered about from Ed when he was talking in GW about "why would we put out new music only to have it stolen?"...These guys had a method, a way of going about what they were doing back when they were first together, and it worked spectacularly. So if a plan works, go with it, right?

Well, both the entertainment business and public consumption of music (for lack of a better phrase) are a whole different ball of wax these days. UG's right, it's not 1978 anymore. The "old guard" is running up against a whole new set of rules that go against mostly everything that worked for them in the past, when it worked really well.

Do i sence a little negativity there Rave?;)

ravennaloveseddie
July 13th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Do i sence a little negativity there Rave?;)

No, not any at all actually. I've said from the day to tour was announced that it's not 1978 anymore, and these guys aren't the same fellas who turned the rock world on its head back then. I don't expect them to be...

Just attempting to get inside their heads and see things from their perspective a little. It's gotta be weird to have had such success within the old paradigm of how the music biz worked, then to have been lost in the haze as Ed was for so long, then to have to almost re-learn how to do it all with new rules, when you thought you had it all down. Personally, I'd be a little adrift and I'd probably come across in an unpleasant light to some people too.

vhfanjack
July 13th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Well, it's not their fault that Ed chose to be in a haze away from it all... Or however you worded it.
A 12 year break? Come on!

ravennaloveseddie
July 13th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Well, it's not their fault that Ed chose to be in a haze away from it all... Or however you worded it.
A 12 year break? Come on!

Well....Ed is, you've got to admit, one of the primary reasons for there being a band called Van Halen in the first place. So with Ed so unfortunately off in that haze for so long, the band was missing a key element, one that couldn't be replaced.

And drug and alcohol addiction is a messed up thing. I hope you don't know about it first hand or ever have to deal with it, but most of the time it's really not a "choice." It's a disease. Sure, an individual makes the choice to take those first few swigs, to smoke that first doobie. But for someone with an addictive personality, the power to choose quickly gets undermined and eventually overcome by the effects of whatever they are partaking in. And the deeper the individual falls under the spell, the harder it is for them to break it. It can last a long time....in many cases, it never goes away.

All I'm saying is Edward's managed to get himself sober and healthy again, and I am so happy for him in that success. He should be proud. But if you think about it, it's been a little like he's been in a whole other place for years, and to come back from there and function in a business that's morphed drastically from what it was when he had his first success is gonna be kind of challenging in some ways. I don't know - I've never been there (althought at one point I was headed down that road and managed to find the off ramp before it was too late). So I can't say if my musings have any validity or not - they're just idle wondering, mixed with a little understanding.

vhfanjack
July 13th, 2010, 05:05 AM
He was dealing with alcohol and drug problems all during their active years aswell. It's a horrible problem, don't get me wrong. An addiction to alcohol can be one of the worst things that can happen to a person, but he was down that road during the 80's and 90's (Minus 1995-1998).

Now, When Eugenia passed away, that was a valid excuse for him not to record (although many musicians use death of loved ones as inspiration for musical input, I cant see myself doing it), as was his cancer. But all of the other years... It was all laziness and reluctancy.

I don't have a problem with them not recording, but why wouldn't they, or why don't they tell us that they're not doing anything (or weren't doing anything)? Stop leaving us in this suspense.

When Janie announced that the new album rumours were just rumours, it really pissed me off. It angered me to see fans like you let down like that. You're so devoted to the band and Ed, and they just lead you and other fans on like some sort of stud or player. Me and others on this board that seem sour towards Ed were once the same, but the band pushed out limits..

Enough of these games from Ed. Enough excuses. Record an album, realese a boxset, or announce your retirement. Do something!

Dr. Roth
July 13th, 2010, 09:09 AM

It's backfiring on "them". I use "them" because it is really Ed. Ever since Dave left it has been Ed's band. Dave has no say so anymore and neither does Wolf, or Al for that matter. Ed is the bus driver and since he has been in a "haze" the bus is still in the garage and he doesn't even know it. Most people today could give two shits about VH. Us diehards still care, but that is about it. Eddie could release a boxset while the album is being worked on to whet our appetite. This cloak and dagger bullcrap doesn't work in the internet age. It also doesn't work when the last stucio album was 12 years ago. Turn off the lights the party is over.

Doc

Humberto5150
July 13th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I only know one thing: Someday this record will come out.

unchainedguitars
July 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm still not convinced Ed is cured of his disease, his alcoholism.
The steps he took to defeat it or come to grips with it, all seemed very casual.

A guy that far gone, that plagued (he'd been drinking since he was 12), can't just snap his fingers & make it all disappear.
His quote was: "I feel like i had a huge glass of booze, but i drank it all. So i'm done." (something to that effect).
Then he did a couple short-lived stints in rehab.

Someone that afflicted, would require some serious long term drying out, and they would be doing it under strict supervision.
It wouldn't take a few months, that's for sure, but much longer.
I still feel like, in his mind, he hadn't had that wake up call of hitting rock bottom.
I think it requires that sort of soul searching to truly be effective, long term.
But, in interviews, Ed comes across as, "Yeah, i got tired of drinking, so i quit."

Obviously, i'm not in his head or in his life, so hopefully i'm off base here.

Maybe the danger is in releasing new music & touring.
Maybe he thinks those old demons will haunt him, and the stress of touring with Dave, will push him back off the wagon.

I don't know.

But there is a reason, psychologically, for all this wasted time.
This is no logical way to run or portray your band.

Dr. Roth
July 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I'm still not convinced Ed is cured of his disease, his alcoholism.
The steps he took to defeat it or come to grips with it, all seemed very casual.

A guy that far gone, that plagued (he'd been drinking since he was 12), can't just snap his fingers & make it all disappear.
His quote was: "I feel like i had a huge glass of booze, but i drank it all. So i'm done." (something to that effect).
Then he did a couple short-lived stints in rehab.

Someone that afflicted, would require some serious long term drying out, and they would be doing it under strict supervision.
It wouldn't take a few months, that's for sure, but much longer.
I still feel like, in his mind, he hadn't had that wake up call of hitting rock bottom.
I think it requires that sort of soul searching to truly be effective, long term.
But, in interviews, Ed comes across as, "Yeah, i got tired of drinking, so i quit."

Obviously, i'm not in his head or in his life, so hopefully i'm off base here.

Maybe the danger is in releasing new music & touring.
Maybe he thinks those old demons will haunt him, and the stress of touring with Dave, will push him back off the wagon.

I don't know.

But there is a reason, psychologically, for all this wasted time.
This is no logical way to run or portray your band.

Watch it UG, you are getting awfully close to a decenting remark here. You better watch your p's and q's and straighten up mister!:colgate:.

Cathedral =I=
July 14th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Watch it UG, you are getting awfully close to a decenting remark here. You better watch your p's and q's and straighten up mister!:colgate:.

Give it a rest, man. UG's post is a prime example of a well thought out reply. It's not malicious or vulgar, just a point of view that is of reasonable nature.
You fear an iron fist mentality which i've made clear is NOT and will NOT be present here. Sooner or later you'll stop over reacting and be able to see reality.

vhfanjack
July 14th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I'm also not convinced, UG. I mean, on the tour rider it said to put like 6 mini wines in his fridge, and he got loaded on one or two shows and had his fights with Wolf.
Then, that whole "mystery illness" thing happened... Probably went back to rehab.

In 1998 I think he said that he's started drinking again, but not like he used to... That he only drinks a glass of wine sometimes.
If you're gonna try and put a stop to a problem like that, then you can't have a little sip or just a glass.. You have to give it up completely.
I think he has this casual approach to it currently... But you never know.

Hell, maybe he's sober, but no one knows for sure. Given the history, I wouldn't put my money on the odds.

vaijuju
July 14th, 2010, 06:12 AM
again!

And this comment from a source that contacted me over the weekend who had the chance to hear some new Van Halen material recently: "I heard pieces...one has one of the best guitar riffs I have heard Eddie lay down in a long time, it made the hair on my arms tingle. DLR sounded great as well."

punkatomic
July 14th, 2010, 09:16 AM
again!

And this comment from a source that contacted me over the weekend who had the chance to hear some new Van Halen material recently: "I heard pieces...one has one of the best guitar riffs I have heard Eddie lay down in a long time, it made the hair on my arms tingle. DLR sounded great as well."
Thanks for posting vaijuju.

Something is going on in Van Halen land.

Mallonmusic
July 14th, 2010, 09:28 AM
again!

If thats true i can't wait to here it! As stated many times even though i may not be on the everything is peachy in VH land band wagon. I have always felt something will happen some day, mostly since DLR has been MIA!

ravennaloveseddie
July 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
again!

Nice post vaijuju, thanks! Wow.....I hope this is really happening....sounds like Ed's kickin' some cool stuff - can't wait to hear it!

unchainedguitars
July 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
again!

That will be the track that WON'T make the album, guaranteed.

"Too primal, too old school....we decided to go with, 'Love forever after,' instead."

ravennaloveseddie
July 14th, 2010, 04:28 PM
That will be the track that WON'T make the album, guaranteed.

"Too primal, too old school....we decided to go with, 'Love forever after,' instead."

Except Spammy's not around anymore....I can't see Dave writing lyrics like that, can you?

unchainedguitars
July 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Except Spammy's not around anymore....I can't see Dave writing lyrics like that, can you?

But remember Ed, tellingly, stated: "What we're doing now, isn't exactly bang your head against the wall rock 'n roll..."
(something to the effect in RS).

I fear VHIII, or worse, Up for Breakfast.

Dave will, no doubt, carry some influence, though even he seems to be in a different musical mindset than the old days.

Cathedral =I=
July 14th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I'm neither Pro nor Con, but remain optomistic.

ravennaloveseddie
July 14th, 2010, 11:56 PM
But remember Ed, tellingly, stated: "What we're doing now, isn't exactly bang your head against the wall rock 'n roll..."
(something to the effect in RS).

I fear VHIII, or worse, Up for Breakfast.

Dave will, no doubt, carry some influence, though even he seems to be in a different musical mindset than the old days.

I don't think it has to be "bang your head against the wall" rock-n-roll to be amazing. I hear what you're saying about fearing VH3, but without Cherone's influence, I don't think you'll get that. And Dave would almost certainly never come up with anything lyrically as puerile and stupid as UFB.

I frankly don't know what to expect, so for me it's a little like Christmas morning when I was a kid...."OOOOO! What's in that box???" :wow: I'm thinking same energy, more mature subject matter? I'm hoping for a least a little of it to be blues tinged, like we discussed awhile ago. But whatever it is, I'll give it a fair listen. I look forward to it.

vhfanjack
July 15th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd love to hear it.
I'm also expecting something like VH3, but with a Dave influence. I can sorta hear the style in my head, but I can't explain it, you know?

Dr. Roth
July 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Give it a rest, man. UG's post is a prime example of a well thought out reply. It's not malicious or vulgar, just a point of view that is of reasonable nature.
You fear an iron fist mentality which i've made clear is NOT and will NOT be present here. Sooner or later you'll stop over reacting and be able to see reality.

Cat, look, you come and go around here all the time. You have gone weeks, if not months MIA. When you do come back you wave your "power" around like a sword in the hands of a four year old. One day you are nice and calm the next you are all pissed off. I think you, and you alone, have run off more members here than ANYONE else. My post to UG was tongue in cheek, a joke, humor. So you give it a rest Mr. Modextrodinaier. In fact why don't you take your advice and pound sand with it.

This too was a well thought out reply.
Dr. Roth

Cathedral =I=
July 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Cat, look, you come and go around here all the time. You have gone weeks, if not months MIA. When you do come back you wave your "power" around like a sword in the hands of a four year old. One day you are nice and calm the next you are all pissed off. I think you, and you alone, have run off more members here than ANYONE else. My post to UG was tongue in cheek, a joke, humor. So you give it a rest Mr. Modextrodinaier. In fact why don't you take your advice and pound sand with it.

This too was a well thought out reply.
Dr. Roth

Are you done?
Good, then let's stay on topic, thanks... ;)

punkatomic
July 15th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Are you done?
Good, then let's stay on topic, thanks... ;)He isn't done!
If you notice it's the same cast of characters acting the fool.

The board has been running great. Look at the guitar forums. Look at the posting in the various VH rumor threads. Note the members gallaries! It's not a ghost town or some fictional four legged feline scaring the neighborhood.

Oh no the CVH.com is doing just fine.

vaijuju
July 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I know what i 'll do with the new VH album. First I put my computer off (all vh forums )for a week! Then I'll cry like a child and i'll play the Cd again and again like i did in 1984.:101:

rawkinrobbievh1
July 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
we all will !!
whenever the day comes that the new CD drops , i'll be the first in line at my local music store .
the girlfriend might get pissed off ....i don't think she'll be seeing me for a couple of days :):101:

Mallonmusic
July 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
He isn't done!
If you notice it's the same cast of characters acting the fool.

The board has been running great. Look at the guitar forums. Look at the posting in the various VH rumor threads. Note the members gallaries! It's not a ghost town or some fictional four legged feline scaring the neighborhood.

Oh no the CVH.com is doing just fine.

Well not so long ago it was mostly "the same cast of characters" that kept this place alive! I remember not so long ago when there was about 10 or 15 posters that were posting all the time! But since most of us don't have our rose colored glasses on and may have given this place to much color we are a bunch of scum bags? But thats cool the new tide of fans that your so worried about "cleaning house for" when the new VH disc comes out will keep this place going just fine!:jerk:

punkatomic
July 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Well not so long ago it was mostly "the same cast of characters" that kept this place alive!..In you opinion, maybe. However, the board seems to be running fine. Is there something I don't know about?

...I remember not so long ago when there was about 10 or 15 posters that were posting all the time!...Alright, as of 2:30pm PST, July 15th. I've counted 12 posters posting. Day's not even over, bro!

...But since most of us don't have our rose colored glasses on and may have given this place to much color we are a bunch of scum bags?...Rose colored glasses? What does that mean? Scum bags? I have no idea what you are talking about?

...But thats cool the new tide of fans that your so worried about "cleaning house for" when the new VH disc comes out will keep this place going just fine!:jerk:I'm glad YOUR cool with it. I must admit, I don't know what your talking about, however, I'll take a compliment.

Even with no new VH disc CVH.com seems to be doing just fine. You are here, yes?

Can't be all that bad.

Damn, I'm in a good mood! The sun is out, mid 70's, the top is down and I have Women and Children First in the CD player. Going to crank "Everybody Wants Some" on the drive home!

"Yeah, that's it....Little more to right!"

Mallonmusic
July 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
In you opinion, maybe. However, the board seems to be running fine. Is there something I don't know about?

Alright, as of 2:30pm PST, July 15th. I've counted 12 posters posting. Day's not even over, bro!

Rose colored glasses? What does that mean? Scum bags? I have no idea what you are talking about?

I'm glad YOUR cool with it. I must admit, I don't know what your talking about, however, I'll take a compliment.

Even with no new VH disc CVH.com seems to be doing just fine. You are here, yes?

Can't be all that bad.

Damn, I'm in a good mood! The sun is out, mid 70's, the top is down and I have Women and Children First in the CD player. Going to crank "Everybody Wants Some" on the drive home!

"Yeah, that's it....Little more to right!"

Well ever since you guys got on what ever kick it is your on. You have been treating a lot of like scum bags! As stated before i have no problems with keeping some order around here. But some of you Mods went about it the wrong way. Or should i say kinda strong. I'm sure you and a lot of other members know what i mean. And i'm not sure what post it was but i'm pretty sure it was you that said something like "cleaning house to make it a nicer place for the tide of fans that will come here when the new cd is out". Or something close to that!

EVH_Erupted
July 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Well, maybe some things aren't so far off a dream after all.

I can only hope... wish... dream that maybe it's decent and not more of his pop "rock" schlop.

Simon Ribeiro
July 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
again!

Whoa! Sounds great!

Thanks for the link, Vai! :101:

rawkinrobbievh1
August 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
i saw the videos of Eddie being drunk and very sloppy at NAMM . but then he played part of a new boogie tune he was working on . that same riff was used on his 2 1/2 Men appearance . ' 2 burritos and a root beer float '

i love that swinging boogie riff !!
hope if a new cd comes out , that it gets worked into a full tune .

Mallonmusic
August 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
i saw the videos of Eddie being drunk and very sloppy at NAMM . but then he played part of a new boogie tune he was working on . that same riff was used on his 2 1/2 Men appearance . ' 2 burritos and a root beer float '

i love that swinging boogie riff !!
hope if a new cd comes out , that it gets worked into a full tune .

I can't seem to find it but if you want to see Ed at his worst there is a youtube clip from the 0 no 04 tour where Ed is trying to do his solo, and just looks and sounds AWFULL! He even rips on himself about sounding like shit!

rawkinrobbievh1
August 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Mallon , the Namm videos are from 2004 i think ?
i typed into into Youtube Eddie Van Halen drunk at Namm .
the video is split into 5 or 6 parts . ( can't remember which one it is sorry )

the other one is Van Halen 2 1/2 Men
hope this helps ??

Mallonmusic
August 3rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Mallon , the Namm videos are from 2004 i think ?
i typed into into Youtube Eddie Van Halen drunk at Namm .
the video is split into 5 or 6 parts . ( can't remember which one it is sorry )

the other one is Van Halen 2 1/2 Men
hope this helps ??

The clip i'm talking about is from the 04 tour. I found a audio only one of part of it. But not the one i'm looking for:57:

rawkinrobbievh1
August 4th, 2010, 07:39 PM
hey Mallon ...
just looked into it for you .

the boogie riff i was talking about is on Youtube .
i typed in : eddie van halen drunk at namm 2003
it's in the beginning of part 7 ... lots of noodling and slop / drunk stuff , but the main riff is cool ! IMO

again he uses the same riff on his t.v. appearance
i typed in : eddie van halen on two and a half men

i haven't found the 04 video you mentioned , but most of the boots from that tour had him pretty out of it !!!

Mallonmusic
August 4th, 2010, 09:37 PM
hey Mallon ...
just looked into it for you .

the boogie riff i was talking about is on Youtube .
i typed in : eddie van halen drunk at namm 2003
it's in the beginning of part 7 ... lots of noodling and slop / drunk stuff , but the main riff is cool ! IMO

again he uses the same riff on his t.v. appearance
i typed in : eddie van halen on two and a half men

i haven't found the 04 video you mentioned , but most of the boots from that tour had him pretty out of it !!!

Yea man thats cool. i was just watching some of that namm 03 the other day and yea pretty sure its the same riff! I'm starting to think they took that solo down or something. I mean he looked and sounded REAL BAD! and the comments were ripping him apart!

Outtalove
August 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM
great! I was hoping for some good music in 2025

ravennaloveseddie
August 7th, 2010, 01:55 AM
great! I was hoping for some good music in 2025

Well it's lookin' like you'll hear some a little sooner than that, Outtalove....
http://classicvanhalen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15849

unchainedguitars
August 7th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Well it's lookin' like you'll hear some a little sooner than that, Outtalove....
http://classicvanhalen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15849

Even if the music is bad, i will still give them credit for sticking to their word and putting out new music.

I'm not saying it will be bad, but just in case...

ravennaloveseddie
August 7th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Even if the music is bad, i will still give them credit for sticking to their word and putting out new music.

I'm not saying it will be bad, but just in case...

I'm not saying yea or nay until I hear it. And even though it's Edward :inlove: I am prepared to be honest about it....remember, you're talking to the girl who threw Van Halen III out the window, literally, after one listen....

unchainedguitars
August 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I'm not saying yea or nay until I hear it. And even though it's Edward :inlove: I am prepared to be honest about it....remember, you're talking to the girl who threw Van Halen III out the window, literally, after one listen....

Oh, me too!

I remember hearing the first single, before it came out ("Without you"), and thinking it was the most sterile, safe, middle of the road, pop-rock tune i'd ever heard.

The song was just incredibly ordinary, yet it was the first single!

I thought, "Uh oh..."

Oddly, today, i really dig the second tune on that record, "One i want."
I love the tricky riff, and Ed's solo is sublime.
The lyrics are atrocious, but...

rawkinrobbievh1
August 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM
actually , i really enjoy the guitar work on every Van Halen cd ..even the Hagar years ,
(GASP!!) , and the Cherone VHIII disaster (OMG!!) - not really the singers , or the lyrics , or the guitar tones , but the guitar PLAYING .

please don't pick me apart for enjoying Edward's playing post '85 ...
of course this is a Classic VH site , and I 100% prefer the Roth era !!
in fact , i'm listening to WACF as i type this !!

just happy that a lot of the news and info lately has been slightly more positive and promising ?

not sure if the rumored new cd/tour will live up to the hype and people's expectations , but hot damn , it's gotta be better than nothing at all ???

hope this post hasn't offended anyone , that's not my intention !
cheers , to all the VH fans in the world ....it's been a roller coaster ride for sure , they can be untruthful in the media and they don't always makes sense , but they've given us all a wonderful catalogue of tunes to listen to......:101:

unchainedguitars
August 8th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I really liked the darker vibe of, "Can't get this stuff no more."
If they sort of follow that sound with DLR, i'll be interested.
Ed was doing some cool chordal things there, but then he dumbed it down with the material featured on BOBW.

Wolfie, though, probablly is no Ed.
In that sense, they may streamline the new music, keep it easier to follow.

ravennaloveseddie
August 8th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Oh, me too!

I remember hearing the first single, before it came out ("Without you"), and thinking it was the most sterile, safe, middle of the road, pop-rock tune i'd ever heard.

I thought, "Uh oh..."

Oddly, today, i really dig the second tune on that record, "One i want."
I love the tricky riff, and Ed's solo is sublime.
The lyrics are atrocious, but...

And I'm finding stuff off that album growing on me too, not all of it, but a tune or two, and yeah, it is odd. And like rawkinrobbie said above - it's the guitar work that's catching my attention. Not the lyrics, not the tone, not Gary's voice (it's a shame he and the band were just not meant to be together, I really like his work with Extreme - we've talked about that before too) But I'm kinda diggin' A Year to the Day, and Josephina too. Don't remember who posted it, or where exactly it is on this site, but somewhere someone posted a completely accoustic version of Gary and Ed performing Josephina, and it really is a pretty tune, that way. Too bad they c*cked it up on the record....:57:

At any rate, I'm looking forward to whatever they put out....Will it be great? I have no idea, but I'm jazzed to find out!

Simon Ribeiro
August 9th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Oh, me too!

I thought, "Uh oh..."

Oddly, today, i really dig the second tune on that record, "One i want." I love the tricky riff, and Ed's solo is sublime. The lyrics are atrocious, but...

Ha!

You're enjoying VH3 now? I love that song (One I Want) - cool guitar playing and some cool drum work, too.

Simon Ribeiro
August 9th, 2010, 06:28 AM
And I'm finding stuff off that album growing on me too, not all of it, but a tune or two, and yeah, it is odd. And like rawkinrobbie said above - it's the guitar work that's catching my attention. Not the lyrics, not the tone, not Gary's voice (it's a shame he and the band were just not meant to be together, I really like his work with Extreme - we've talked about that before too) But I'm kinda diggin' A Year to the Day, and Josephina too. Don't remember who posted it, or where exactly it is on this site, but somewhere someone posted a completely accoustic version of Gary and Ed performing Josephina, and it really is a pretty tune, that way. Too bad they c*cked it up on the record....

At any rate, I'm looking forward to whatever they put out....Will it be great? I have no idea, but I'm jazzed to find out!

I guess you can find this acoustic version of Josephina if you dig it over the youtube.com site. ;)

jimi1152
August 9th, 2010, 08:51 PM
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/247834/van-halen-recording-first-album-since-clinton-administration/

jimi1152
August 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/247834/van-halen-recording-first-album-since-clinton-administration/

It figures...:57:
http://www.vhnd.com/

unchainedguitars
August 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
With this news, one can really understand how freaking HUGE Van Halen is.
They still cast a big shadow.

My sister even emailed me about this, and she has no interest in VH, yet she read about it in the paper.
There is a definte buzz, and maybe the guys WERE building mystique, afterall?

The 2007 reunion made ridiculous money, and Live Nation is BANKING on a repeat, come 2011.

Me?
I just wanna hear the new album!

vhfanjack
August 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM
actually , i really enjoy the guitar work on every Van Halen cd ..even the Hagar years ,
(GASP!!) , and the Cherone VHIII disaster (OMG!!) - not really the singers , or the lyrics , or the guitar tones , but the guitar PLAYING .

I actually agree with you for once... except I think that Balance is shit.

vhfanjack
August 10th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Man, if they actually release a good album then I will take back the things I said.
I'm kind of getting pumped... But I'm not letting myself go until there's an official announcement.
Time will tell.

unchainedguitars
August 10th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I actually agree with you for once... except I think that Balance is shit.

I agree with you, jack.

"Balance" had the most uninspired guitar solos, that Ed has ever laid down.
He was on auto-pilot.

VHIII sucked immense donkey dicks from a songwriting point of view, but the solos sounded inspired.
I love the springy bar thing he does during, "One i want."
Those solos sort of simmered, then would take off.

rawkinrobbievh1
August 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
yeah UG , Balance was not a defining moment in the history of VH.
i didn't care for the guitar tone at all , and some of the tunes didn't inspire me too much .

i did enjoy 'Don't Tell Me' , and learned it by ear right down to the solos .
my old band used to play it when it was the current single on the radio , and the crowd response was usually pretty good !

vhfanjack
August 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Besides a few really dud tracks, and Gary's unsuited vocals, VH3 is actually interesting to listen to. Something different for a change.

Drunk Ed > Sober Ed :tounge:

Mallonmusic
August 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Besides a few really dud tracks, and Gary's unsuited vocals, VH3 is actually interesting to listen to. Something different for a change.

Drunk Ed > Sober Ed :tounge:

Well i have always said the same thing about VH3. Its a piss poor VH album, but if it were not VH it could be ok! But i do like a few songs on there and if they would have done the whole album like that it would have went over better. But i still can't stand to hear Gary singing DLR VH songs, Yuck!

vhfanjack
August 13th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Cherone singing Mean Street is one of the worst things I've ever seen/heard.

Mallonmusic
August 14th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cherone singing Mean Street is one of the worst things I've ever seen/heard.

Hell yea Jack!!! YUCK:(

Mallonmusic
August 14th, 2010, 12:08 AM

My sister even emailed me about this, and she has no interest in VH, yet she read about it in the paper.

The 2007 reunion made ridiculous money, and Live Nation is BANKING on a repeat, come 2011.

Me?

I'm with ya man on this whole post!!! And fck there are a ton of bands from that era or any era that would give there left nut to be around this long! And still have nut jobs like us drooling over there every move!:thumbs-up:

rawkinrobbievh1
August 15th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Me?

Live Nation is absolutely salivating at the thought of another VH tour with Roth !!!
it's a no brainer on that end .
in a way it's kind of like a Hollywood director casting Will Smith or Johnny Depp as the lead role in a film ...guaranteed box office smash hit .

i want the new album too UG , but another tour as well to support it ?
holy hell , that would be like VH stepping up to the plate and hitting a grand slam homerun !!:101::)

Mallonmusic
August 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Live Nation is absolutely salivating at the thought of another VH tour with Roth !!!
it's a no brainer on that end .
in a way it's kind of like a Hollywood director casting Will Smith or Johnny Depp as the lead role in a film ...guaranteed box office smash hit .

i want the new album too UG , but another tour as well to support it ?
holy hell , that would be like VH stepping up to the plate and hitting a grand slam homerun !!:101::)

If Live Nation wasnt sucking us all dry with all there BS they would be doing a lot better! Those FCKN:jerk:

jane
August 25th, 2010, 06:15 AM

Me?
When you type in " Van Halen 2011 " in google there is a shit load on links but all rumors , only a lot of buzz........
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&source=hp&q=Van+Halen+2011&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=8637268cbe536c3e

Mallonmusic
August 25th, 2010, 11:48 PM
When you type in " Van Halen 2011 " in google there is a shit load on links but all rumors , only a lot of buzz........
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&source=hp&q=Van+Halen+2011&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=8637268cbe536c3e

Good to see nothing has changed!

fznaked
September 21st, 2010, 09:40 PM
So , back in 2008 VH gave us THE concert (with DLR) and the fans responded. An album soon to follow was hinted at. But first; Edward needed a 2 yr. honey moon, Wolfie needed to graduate, or did he? And Dave needed to quit his job as an EMT. Sure John 5 said Edward was writing like crazy and was on top of his game but has'nt he had 24 yrs @ 5150 to come up with some decent riffs? The only thing he has felt worthy of publishing lately is the music for the "artistic porn" piece. Anyone want to buy an album full of that? I'm the first to hope Ed, Dave, Alex and Mike can make a record like it was 1978! The problem is no one has the desire/fire to make that happen. Ed is happy selling guitars, shoes, past back stage passes, etc. I'm sorry to say the fact is Live Nation will pay mucho $$$ for them tour every couple of years
playing the Roth Era VH. They have allowed themselves to become irrelevent, hawking re-invented "classic concert" shirts to "young holloywood" along side REO Speedwagon, STYX, ELO, and of course ABBA-the supergroup!. Ed's quote in Guitar World recently summed it up "Why go to all the trouble, to recored a new album when people are only going to complain about it or ignore it or download it free from the internet? WE MIGHT NOT RECORD SOMETHING NEW!" That's what my idol of 30 yrs. had to say! But buy my $3500 guitar because it is EXTACTLY what I use on stage, even though I don't play on stage anymore. R.I.P. VH

Mallonmusic
September 21st, 2010, 10:18 PM
So , back in 2008 VH gave us THE concert (with DLR) and the fans responded. An album soon to follow was hinted at. But first; Edward needed a 2 yr. honey moon, Wolfie needed to graduate, or did he? And Dave needed to quit his job as an EMT. Sure John 5 said Edward was writing like crazy and was on top of his game but has'nt he had 24 yrs @ 5150 to come up with some decent riffs? The only thing he has felt worthy of publishing lately is the music for the "artistic porn" piece. Anyone want to buy an album full of that? I'm the first to hope Ed, Dave, Alex and Mike can make a record like it was 1978! The problem is no one has the desire/fire to make that happen. Ed is happy selling guitars, shoes, past back stage passes, etc. I'm sorry to say the fact is Live Nation will pay mucho $$$ for them tour every couple of years
playing the Roth Era VH. They have allowed themselves to become irrelevent, hawking re-invented "classic concert" shirts to "young holloywood" along side REO Speedwagon, STYX, ELO, and of course ABBA-the supergroup!. Ed's quote in Guitar World recently summed it up "Why go to all the trouble, to recored a new album when people are only going to complain about it or ignore it or download it free from the internet? WE MIGHT NOT RECORD SOMETHING NEW!" That's what my idol of 30 yrs. had to say! But buy my $3500 guitar because it is EXTCATLY what I use on stage, even though I don't play on stage anymore. R.I.P. VH

Well said man! So sad how such a great band is just rusting in to the ground:confused:

rawkinrobbievh1
September 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
playing the Roth Era VH. They have allowed themselves to become irrelevent, hawking re-invented "classic concert" shirts to "young holloywood" along side REO Speedwagon, STYX, ELO, and of course ABBA-the supergroup!. Ed's quote in Guitar World recently summed it up "Why go to all the trouble, to recored a new album when people are only going to complain about it or ignore it or download it free from the internet? WE MIGHT NOT RECORD SOMETHING NEW!" That's what my idol of 30 yrs. had to say! But buy my $3500 guitar because it is EXTCATLY what I use on stage, even though I don't play on stage anymore. R.I.P. VH

you make some good points ! but something inside me says that all this buzz lately around camp VH is promising .....;)

i1sum2!
September 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
There's a buzz alright...from Dave sparking a fatty!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/chong1.jpg

i1sum2!
September 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/fantasylandcopy.jpg

rawkinrobbievh1
September 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
There's a buzz alright...from Dave sparking a fatty!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/chong1.jpg

LOL
Sum , i'm forgoing my usual morning coffee in lieu of a beer , and that pic just made me laugh !!!! :)

Mallonmusic
September 29th, 2010, 11:05 PM
LOL
Sum , i'm forgoing my usual morning coffee in lieu of a beer , and that pic just made me laugh !!!! :)

"Puff, puff give. Don't throw off the rotation man!"

i1sum2!
September 30th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Ed will never know we've been in here man. C'mon, let's go.

Oh shit, there he is! Be cool Al.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/Uh.jpg

Hey ya Ed...uh, er um...whatcha doin'?

rawkinrobbievh1
September 30th, 2010, 12:56 PM
LOL :)
funny pic as usual Sum !!

Mallonmusic
October 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Ed will never know we've been in here man. C'mon, let's go.

Oh shit, there he is! Be cool Al.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/Uh.jpg

Hey ya Ed...uh, er um...whatcha doin'?

Then Ed says "Mikes not in there to is he?":confused:

unchainedguitars
August 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Enough with the freaking Steak coupons, you idiot! :plain:

rawkinrobbievh1
August 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Enough with the freaking Steak coupons, you idiot! :plain:

lol lol !

who was that guy , UG ?? :57:

unchainedguitars
August 25th, 2011, 10:22 PM
lol lol !

who was that guy , UG ?? :57:

Some retard spammer, apparently.

God, those people are the scum of the internet & there's more & more of them, no matter where you go.

i1sum2!
August 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Don't stare at the light....

you may wreck

Humberto5150
September 1st, 2011, 07:52 PM
Don't stare at the light....

you may wreck

Yes, we're getting close to the light. Ahahahaha;