PDA

View Full Version : They’re writing right now, at Eddie’s place

punkatomic
May 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM
John 5 on Van Halen: "THEY are writing right now at 5150. EDDIE is on fire."
Friday, 28 May 2010

Shredding mastermind John 5 (http://www.john-5.com) recently joined the Hard Rock Nights (http://hardrocknights.wordpress.com) radio program to talk about his new solo record, The Art Of Malice, and working with Rob Zombie, David Lee Roth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rob Halford, Lita Ford, etc.
John talks about working with David Lee Roth on his DLR Band CD at 1:59 into the interview. Then at 5:06 they ask him about Eddie…
Q: “Now Dave, of course, is back in Van Halen, last we heard…”
A: “Yes.”
Q: “Have you met Eddie? Have you gotten to sit down and talk with him any?”
A: “Oh yeah me and Eddie are good friends. He’s a great guy, you know, he’s doing great, playing great and looks great. He’s on fire right now. They’re writing right now, at Eddie’s place - at 5150 - and he is on fire right now.”
Hard Rock Nights is a weekly syndicated radio program broadcast on a number of rock and metal stations across the internet and the FM dial.

http://www.vhnd.com/2010/05/28/john-5-on-van-halen-they-are-writing-right-now-at-5150-eddie-is-on-fire/

Thanks vhnd.com!

Simon Ribeiro
May 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Killer!

Thanks for the info and links, Punk.

Punk - it's all happening, man. :101:

punkatomic
May 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Killer!

Thanks for the info and links, Punk.

Punk - it's all happening, man. :101:It sure sounds like it. Of course, it's Van Halen. You just never know.

However, this is good news.

I wonder if Eddie lied to John 5 too? ;)

i1sum2!
May 28th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I'm sure he actually meant Ed had played him On Fire...:D

A.J. MASSEY
May 28th, 2010, 01:53 PM
John seems like a pretty honest guy, I like the way this sounds....

vaijuju
May 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
John seems like a pretty honest guy, I like the way this sounds....

he said this too about his album
"Ya Dig" comes from working with the master or frontmen David Lee Roth and also features Billy Sheehan on bass. "That is Dave's saying and it fits the music," says John 5.

rawkinrobbievh1
May 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM
sounds like great news !!
all the doubters will soon eat crow ...lol
long live Van Halen :):101:

punkatomic
May 28th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'm sure he actually meant Ed had played him On Fire...:DLOL. Maybe a smoking blue grass version?

Mallonmusic
May 28th, 2010, 07:45 PM
What he meant was that Ed was smoking in bed and fell asleep with a lit cig:colgate:

Mallonmusic
May 28th, 2010, 08:04 PM
John 5 on Van Halen: "THEY are writing right now at 5150. EDDIE is on fire."
Friday, 28 May 2010

Shredding mastermind John 5 (http://www.john-5.com) recently joined the Hard Rock Nights (http://hardrocknights.wordpress.com) radio program to talk about his new solo record, The Art Of Malice, and working with Rob Zombie, David Lee Roth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rob Halford, Lita Ford, etc.
John talks about working with David Lee Roth on his DLR Band CD at 1:59 into the interview. Then at 5:06 they ask him about Eddie…
Q: “Now Dave, of course, is back in Van Halen, last we heard…”
A: “Yes.”
Q: “Have you met Eddie? Have you gotten to sit down and talk with him any?”
A: “Oh yeah me and Eddie are good friends. He’s a great guy, you know, he’s doing great, playing great and looks great. He’s on fire right now. They’re writing right now, at Eddie’s place - at 5150 - and he is on fire right now.”
Hard Rock Nights is a weekly syndicated radio program broadcast on a number of rock and metal stations across the internet and the FM dial.

http://www.vhnd.com/2010/05/28/john-5-on-van-halen-they-are-writing-right-now-at-5150-eddie-is-on-fire/

Thanks vhnd.com!

What the hell does that stupid robot know any way?

ravennaloveseddie
May 28th, 2010, 08:10 PM
This makes me smile, punk. I'm glad to hear the things are progressing - of course, you're right, it is =VH= so anything could happen, but this is positive news indeed! :101:

Hmmm...first Dweezil, now John 5....I am looking forward to watching the Great Sombrero BBQ and Full High Heel Run sum and Mallon have promised us...:D

Mallonmusic
May 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM
This makes me smile, punk. I'm glad to hear the things are progressing - of course, you're right, it is =VH= so anything could happen, but this is positive news indeed! :101:

Hmmm...first Dweezil, now John 5....I am looking forward to watching the Great Sombrero BBQ and Full High Heel Run sum and Mallon have promised us...:D

Well i have to honest, i'm getting a little concerned. But i'm still not getting my heels out yet! Remember it has to be released this year...2010!:plain:

i1sum2!
May 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Strictly hearsay and pure speculation at this point. I still want to know what ravenna will do for us when this new record doesn't drop by December 31st. Better make it good, or we'll find something of our own!:tounge:

i1sum2!
May 29th, 2010, 09:26 AM
This was too funny, by edwardv:

Here's the recording.......Hello this is Van Halen. Thanks for calling. Please listen carefully because some of the prompts have changed. Press 1 for info on new EVH guitars and amps. Press 2 for tee shirts and guitar picks, press 3 for coffee mugs and hats, press 4 to cuss out Ed, press 5 to hear Up For Breakfast, press 6 to hear some of the thousands of riffs in the vault, if you still need assistance press 0 because that's exactly what Van Halen does 0

:D

ftr, John 5 said months ago that Dave was on his new album, then, he wasn't. Or, at least not vocally. These musicians give a tidbit here and there and it ends up on the internet and spreads like wildfire. OMG! Van Halen has new music! Immediately fans start clamoring. Well some of you do anyway, not me. I'd take it with a grain of salt just yet. Nothing is for sure.

Cathedral =I=
May 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Nope, not buying it...Even if it happens, I'm not buying it.

Van Halen was the best rock band of all time, but now they are a mere punch line to a joke that hasn't been written yet.

I'll listen to it, but i'm not dropping a penny on Van Anything ever again.

Now for my encore, I'll take a whiz on the electric fence... :)

i1sum2!
May 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Nope, not buying it...Even if it happens, I'm not buying it.

Van Halen was the best rock band of all time, but now they are a mere punch line to a joke that hasn't been written yet.

I'll listen to it, but i'm not dropping a penny on Van Anything ever again.

Now for my encore, I'll take a whiz on the electric fence... :)

Ouch! That might smart a little bit Cat. lol

easy there pardner!

I'm with ya about not spending another dime on anything Halen.

Wonder if the reason why John 5 felt the need to tell us that Ed is playing again is because he's been teaching him?:D

So what, he's writing again. He's supposedly been doing that everyday for umpteen years. For all we know, he could be writing a grocery list.

spanishfly
May 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
yeah ed could learn a thing or two from John. No his music might not be the best or most appealing ever, but he does come across as genuinely loving making music. it's been said that he'll do sessions for a sandwich. probably an exaggeration, but nonetheless his enthusiasm for music is awesome.

vhfanjack
June 1st, 2010, 05:35 AM
I'm still not buying it. This could all be a scam set up by Ed who must have read or heard what the fans are saying.

I'm skeptical, but interested nonetheless.

punkatomic
June 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
I'm still not buying it. This could all be a scam set up by Ed who must have read or heard what the fans are saying.

I'm skeptical, but interested nonetheless.

A scam set up by Ed? LMAO!

Please enlighten us? What and why is this a scam by Eddie?

John 5 is a puppet of Edward? Dweezil too?

What is this evil scam?

i1sum2!
June 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM
Authorities are dubbing the case the great "duct tape" scam. They beleive that the Van Halen brothers, Edward and Alex are behind it, and will be brought in for questioning soon. Stay tuned.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/DavidLeeRoth2.jpg

punkatomic
June 1st, 2010, 05:17 PM
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Oddball (Kelly's Heroes)

"Crap" - i1sum2

i1sum2!
June 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

vhfanjack
June 2nd, 2010, 03:16 AM
The scam that Ed's realised that not many people are holding their breathe anymore and that he needs word to get out that something's on the horizon, even though it isn't.
He's talked to much crap that never ended up materializing so he knows that he won't be taken seriously. Hello John5.

:D

Simon Ribeiro
June 2nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
The scam that Ed's realised that not many people are holding their breathe anymore and that he needs word to get out that something's on the horizon, even though it isn't. He's talked to much crap that never ended up materializing so he knows that he won't be taken seriously. Hello John5. :D

Sorry to say, but I don't get your point there. You're one of the guys that do not believe VH 4.0 will release new music this or in the next few years - maybe never you'd add there. So why keep saying that EVH is just talking "crap"? You, among many others here, can't control his mouth or acts, can you (singular and plural)?

And I ask; why worry with Edward and his band in the current days? Sadly, you're all off! ;)

i1sum2!
June 2nd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Maybe David Lee Roth should make a solo album and have Ed, Alex, and Wolfgang as special guests?:D:tounge:

rawkinrobbievh1
June 2nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Maybe David Lee Roth should make a solo album and have Ed, Alex, and Wolfgang as special guests?:D:tounge:
if that's what it takes i guess......
even an EP of previously unheard material would be a bonus ?
people just wanna hear Dave's voice and Eddie's guitar again .
cheers :)

vhfanjack
June 3rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
Simon, I don't get your reply to my point... I'm confused.:confused:

Humberto, being a real fan doesn't mean that you need to blindly worship the band and kid yourself with severe denial. I'm a huge Classic Black Sabbath fan... Doesn't mean that I think that they'll record a new album... It won't happen.
I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan, but I don't have the false hope that they'll record a new album, even thought that word got out that they would.
You can't laugh at our faces, because so far Van Halen has put out nothing, which kind of goes along with what we've been saying the whole time.

As for the picture... So what that Ed's sitting by a mixing board with a guitar? I can do that too, doesn't mean that I'm realising a new album. He needed pictures for his myspace, and that's what he got. That photo proves nothing of him writing new material... He's not even playing the guitar.

i1sum2!
June 3rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Threads like these, I'm always reminded of Ed's comment of "Having ten albums in the can". One would think that with having that much material, that they would have already put vocals to at least one of 'em by now!:tounge:

EVH_Erupted
June 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Does this have to happen in every thread?

ravennaloveseddie
June 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Does this have to happen in every thread?

Given the fact that Humberto seems to be showing remarkable restraint, I'd advise you to direct your question to the other party....He seems to be on a crusade to provoke him, for no apparent reason. :57:

Simon Ribeiro
June 4th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I will not comment much because I already expected that ... but I'll be laughing at the face of you, hahahaha ...

Segura a onda, mermão.

Ninguém precisa rir de ninguém.

Tem quem acredite no VH e tem quem duvide da banda.

Essa é uma questão pessoal, ok? :thumbs-up:

i1sum2!
June 4th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Never fear, sum's here to rain on your parade!

From the files:

Dave's not even allowed on the premises. Hasn't been since shortly before the wedding.

They did try to work on new music, but Ed simply thinks Dave does not have it anymore. Thinks dude CANNOT sing. No live DVD from the "successful" reunion tour? Ed won't release it. Why? Again - according to Ed - Dude cannot sing and the performances were insulting to the legacy of VH. I saw three of the shows and live, it was awesome in the moment...playback was indeed a different story. Gotta side with Ed on this one. You can't replace primal screams with inhaled yelps and Liza Minelli vibrato.

ED is indeed writing at his place, does it every day....but Dave AIN'T singing on any of it.

The next time you hear VH live - it will be on another cash-grab nostalgia tour, and no - there ain't gonna be any new tunes.
Sorry kids, that's just the way it is.

;)

punkatomic
June 4th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Sum,

Provide a link or stop pissing in my thread?

I'm sick of these threads being hijacked.

If a link isn't provided, I'm deleting all the bullshit posts that have nothing to do with this thread.

Enough of this crap.

Start your own "FUCK VAN HALEN" thread, dude. There are more then enough of you killjoys to do your own little circle jerk.

As of June 4th, 2010....DEAL WITH IT OR MOVE ON!

vhfanjack
June 4th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I can't see the picture...:whatsthat:

punkatomic
June 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM
DELETED, GONE, DUMPED, etc.

Start your own thread about what some guy/gal said on another VH broad.

Enough of this shit.

i1sum2!
June 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
LMAO! Can't stand it huh?:D

The only thing Van Halen is doing these days is making more tshirts and striped shoes, end of story dude. If Irving Azoff had said something, then maybe you could believe it. Until that happens, you, Ravenna and Simon, and anybody else in your boat are just being led around by the nose.;)

spanishfly
June 4th, 2010, 03:20 PM
y'all just need to chill out. yes, all of you.

Sum, we get it. you don't believe it's going to happen. you don't need to rain on the parade for those that do believe. Also, you've gone far enough giving Humberto a hard time. Stop. Everyone has just as hard a time understanding him as you do, you don't have to go and insult him.

Humberto, we don't several threads a day linking to your blog. everyone understands how enthusiastic you are about VH, you don't have to go around asserting that. I'm not going to critique you on your english, I'll just say take your time typing it out. there's never a reason to rush these things.

Punk, you're a mod so i'm hardly one to critique you. You've been good. Just relax man. You've been around here long enough to know we go through these phases. Life's too short to get upset over what people say on the internet.

everyone else, chill out. enjoy life. This aggression will not stand, man! :D
but really, relax, don't get your panties in a bunch. it's the internet, people think anonymity means that they can be a jackass as much as they want.

punkatomic
June 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
LMAO! Can't stand it huh?:D

The only thing Van Halen is doing these days is making more tshirts and striped shoes, end of story dude. If Irving Azoff had said something, then maybe you could believe it. Until that happens, you, Ravenna and Simon, and anybody else in your boat are just being led around by the nose.;)You keep saying VAN HALEN is selling this and that. When it's not. IT'S THE EVH brand.

Is it a big deal? Yes and No. However, if you are going to start yapping on and on like you know what your talking about, PLEASE, do me a favor. Get your bias right.

Van Halen isn't selling anything. Isn't that the problem?

Oh wait, I spaced. Mike eagerly giving Sammy a hardy reach around and NOT singing back up vocals and playing mediocre bass for a band he gave up on, is your problem. My bad ;)

Let's get our sell outs straight shall we....

EVH Stripe shoes
EVH Fender Wolfgang guitars
EVH Charvel/Fender "Replica Guitars"
EVH Wah pedal
EVH MXR Flanger
EVH MXR Phase Pedal
EVH Premium Stool
EVH Premium Guitar Strings
EVH Premium Guitar Picks
EVH Premium Guitar Straps
EVH Premium Guitar Sables
EVH Premium Door Stop
EVH 5150 III Amps
EVH 5150 III Amp Head Covers
EVH 5150 III Amp Cabinet Covers
EVH Bourn Low Friction Controls
EVH Wolfgang Bridge Picks Ups
EVH Wolfgang Neck Pick Ups
EVH Frankstein humbucker Pick Ups
EVH D-tuna System
and coming soon...EVH D2H

This isn't about Van Halen per say. It's all about Eddie Van Halen. You hate the guy! That hate and rage for him has you all twisted up, blinded and talking gibberish.

Somehow, I'm being led around by the nose? Led where and why me?

Dave is Eddie's Bitch! That was the argument not that long ago. BUT WAIT, now Eddie's bitch is banned from 5150. Which is it? Eddie's bitch or in exile? He can't be both..... or can he? :57:

Somehow a reputable source told you that Dave's been kicked to the curb at another VH site. Was this one of those "friend of a friend had told his cousin during some sweet pillow talk with his other cousin, a 40 something unemployed mama's boy living in mama's basement using mama's bandwidth" reputable sources?

AND DWEEZIL and JOHN 5 are the liars? Hmmmm, Gee, I don't know? People that actually know Eddie Van Halen or some people, that hate Eddie Van Halen as much as you do, typing away on a sticky keyboard in their stained "Watcha Talkn' 'Bout Willis T-Shirt.

Spanishfly, it's all good!

Mallonmusic
June 4th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Sum,

If a link isn't provided, I'm deleting all the bullshit posts that have nothing to do with this thread.

Enough of this crap.

Start your own "FUCK VAN HALEN" thread, dude. There are more then enough of you killjoys to do your own little circle jerk.

Wow! A little PMS?:eek:

vhfanjack
June 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I can see it now...

punkatomic
June 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Wow! A little PMS?:eek:Wow. Are you always an ASS?

If your are seriously concerned about my menstrual cycle, send me a PM.

Mallonmusic
June 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Wow. Are you always an ASS?

If your are seriously concerned about my menstrual cycle, send me a PM.

No, i just play one on TV;)

Mallonmusic
June 5th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Sum,

Enough of this crap.

Hi jacked ? I don't see it that way. Its called an opinion! So what if we are not a bunch of VH fools that believe everything they say OR do not say? Your gonna delete one side of the argument just to suit your feelings? I think there track record speaks for its self! Rite?!?! YEa despite what i say in my heart i feel they are not done and will do something some time! But as of now they have nothing, and could care less and as soon as Ed has shit to "road test" or sell they will be back on the road. So what? Are you a dictator ? And just want one side exsposed? Yea go ahead and push your power Mr Mod! Here in the America we are used to our say being pushed aside! So do your deed;)

punkatomic
June 5th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Hi jacked ? I don't see it that way. Its called an opinion!NO, it's called Hijacked. When this thread, like many others on the board, becomes Humberto5150 vs (fill in the blank) cat fight. I call it hijacked. This thread is about what John 5 said in an interview. Believe what he says? It's up tp you to decide, but enough of the pissing contests. I did what I said, I deleted posts that I believe have nothing to do with this thread, period.

...So what if we are not a bunch of VH fools that believe everything they say OR do not say? Your gonna delete one side of the argument just to suit your feelings?.. What argument did I delete? None of the posts I deleted had anything to with the topic of this thread. If someone wants to start a thread from some tid bit of info from a "reputable source," from another VH site. Please do. NO one is stopping anyone. Just don't post a rumor here and tell me it has something to do with what John 5 said, when it doesn't, and expect me to do nothing.

The lovers spat between Sum, you, vhfanjack and Humbreto was dumped. You guys can get a room for that.

Also, like no one knows what your guys opinion of Eddie is. Come on man. You can do better then that.

First Dave is Eddie's bitch, now he is banned from Van Halen land. For all I know, Dave could be living under a bridge, stabbing needles into a EVH Premium Voodoo Doll ($29.99, BTW). Then again he might be writing lyrics for his currant band, Van Halen 4.0.

I think there track record speaks for its self! Rite?!?! Oh yeah, Van Halen's track record. It means nothing. Dave leaving in 1985? You saw that coming from their track record? How about Sammy leaving and then returning? Gary, the musical soul brother? What their track record tells me is "Don't look at their track record." It's Van Halen for God sakes!

YEa despite what i say in my heart i feel they are not done and will do something some time!...I guess we can agree on something.

But as of now they have nothing, and could care less and as soon as Ed has shit to "road test" or sell they will be back on the road. So what?...Yeah, so what?

Are you a dictator ? And just want one side exsposed? Yea go ahead and push your power Mr Mod!...Wow, kind of dramatic there. Yes? Damn, I clean up some riff raff and now I'm KIM JUNG IL. What the fuck?

But you know what? I like the Mr Mod thing. ;)

Here in the America we are used to our say being pushed aside! So do your deed;)?You don't have to tell me that. I live in Seattle, not Pyongyang.

Is that it? Anymore questions about what I did?

i1sum2!
June 5th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Someone is a little touchy huh fellas?:D

I have to agree that only showing one side to the argument is just suiting your particular needs punk. Seriously dude. And, about labeling it EVH as opposed to Van Halen is nothing more than semantics, isn't it? We all know where those items are coming from. Lastly, how could one not believe that Dave is Ed's bitch right now? Dave allowed himself to be snipped with a non disclosure agreement most likely and that's why we don't hear a thing from the man. I think that should be pretty obvious to anybody whose following this strange situation of a band. What that person said about Dave not being allowed at 5150, maybe, then again maybe not. He rarely posts, but when he does, he's usually been on the money about things. He's around my age (not that that makes a damn) and has been deeply involved in the L.A. music scene his whole life. He plays a bass. He knows industry types and hears things we don't. I took it with a grain of salt just I do anything else from this band. The recent John 5 tidbit could be nothing more than name dropping for a guitarist with a fledgling career. Dweezil didn't hear an actual recording, but did get to hear Ed play some stuff backstage. Believe who ya want, and I believe who I want. Capiche?

Spanishfly, good post dude. I agree with you that Humberto shouldn't be linking his blog in any given post when he already has it in his signature. Thanks for saying so. Nobody listens around here.;)

unchainedguitars
June 5th, 2010, 12:07 PM
a 40 something unemployed mama's boy living in mama's basement using mama's bandwidth" reputable sources?
[/quote]

Hey, there's no need to drag ICM into this matter! :tounge:

unchainedguitars
June 5th, 2010, 12:14 PM
THIS is a great thread & illustrates both sides of the coin, very well.

Amidst the fighting, both sides (Yes, BOTH SIDES) are making valid points.
Punk is making a lot of sense on certain aspects discussed, but so is Sum.
If i was an outsider or observer, just now reading this through, i would find this thread pretty damn interesting.

I really mean this!
Somehow, i only read bits & pieces of this, but reading at as a whole, it presents two different arguments (both with merit).

I'm as confused as ever now, regarding where i stand.

punkatomic
June 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Someone is a little touchy huh fellas?:D

I have to agree that only showing one side to the argument is just suiting your particular needs punk. Seriously dude...What the fuck are you talking about? Really! What argument have I suppressed? If your talking about your love affair with Humberto, then yes. I will make it my mission to delete every fucking tit for tat post you guys pollute on this board. I'll squash that shit from now on and bring all my powers to bare and put an end to this toxic love affair with you guys. So please other then humberta vs whomever argument. What have I suppressed? Like no one knows your argument? LOL.
"A little touchy fellas?" Fuck that. I've gone to bat for you TIME AND TIME again. No more!

And, about labeling it EVH as opposed to Van Halen is nothing more than semantics, isn't it? We all know where those items are coming from.... uh, yeah, EDDIE VAN HALEN. What's your point? Eddie makes ALL the money for everything with a EVH trademark on it. Van Halen, LTD. is split up with it's members, WHO EVER THEY ARE. It's not a little thing. Again, Rage against Eddie all you, but at least get your "Sell Out" bitching right.

Lastly....THANK GOD!!!

how could one not believe that Dave is Ed's bitch right now? Dave allowed himself to be snipped with a non disclosure agreement most likely and that's why we don't hear a thing from the man. I think that should be pretty obvious to anybody whose following this strange situation of a band.....In Dave's entire career, he did it his way. NOW, he is both Eddie bitch, exiled, shuns the media and is afraid of LAWYERS? That makes no sense.

What that person said about Dave not being allowed at 5150, maybe, then again maybe not. He rarely posts, but when he does, he's usually been on the money about things. He's around my age (not that that makes a damn) and has been deeply involved in the L.A. music scene his whole life. He plays a bass. He knows industry types and hears things we don't. I took it with a grain of salt just I do anything else from this band.....WHO CARES? What does it have to with John 5's interview? Nothing. Oh, maybe that it fits nicely in this template you have constructed. Start you own thread and you the "FELLAS" can sit around pat each other on the back and roast marshmallow. Also, another thing. Is this the same source that told you that Mikes vocals and bass line were piped in? Was he the one that said that the 2007/2008 VH tour would be canceled? When it comes to credibility about present day Van Halen, IMO, YOU HAVE NONE!

The recent John 5 tidbit could be nothing more than name dropping for a guitarist with a fledgling career. Dweezil didn't hear an actual recording, but did get to hear Ed play some stuff backstage. Believe who ya want, and I believe who I want. Capiche?.....Who slants their view a certain way. Dude, I don't know what Eddie Van Halen did to you personally. BUT damn, it fucked you up.

unchainedguitars
June 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
He molested Sum as a teenager.

Backstage.

At a concert in Kansas City.

The year was 1980.

He lured Sum with the offer of free guitar picks.

Michael Anthony stood idly by.

Mallonmusic
June 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=punkatomic;247793]NO, it's called Hijacked. When this thread, like many others on the board, becomes Humberto5150 vs (fill in the blank) cat fight. I call it hijacked. This thread is about what John 5 said in an interview. Believe what he says? It's up tp you to decide, but enough of the pissing contests. I did what I said, I deleted posts that I believe have nothing to do with this thread, period.

Some times Humberto needs to be set straight, and if you look back on some past posts all guys like me or Sum, or Jack are doing is just that! And he is the one that starts the shit with us, just because he for some reason feels he knows it all!

unchainedguitars
June 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Sum & Humberto met recently, in hopes of some form of reconciliation.

Mallonmusic
June 5th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Sum & Humberto met recently, in hopes of some form of reconciliation.

O MY!:colgate:

punkatomic
June 6th, 2010, 01:36 PM
The topic is about what John 5's stated in an interview.

Thank you.

unchainedguitars
June 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I dunno...

Was watching the Ace Frehley video, guess who's in it?
John 5.

"Ace was the guy, the one that made me wanna play...
He's a legend, sounds as good today as he did in 1977."

"Eddie Van Halen was the guy, the one that made me wanna play...
He's a legend, sounds as good today as he did in 1978."

"George Lynch was the guy..."

John 5 is like the Dave Grohl of guitar virtuosos.

Mallonmusic
June 6th, 2010, 09:59 PM
********:36::36::36:*********

dougsteele
July 3rd, 2010, 11:18 PM
John 5 a shredding mastermind? Hardly.

Cathedral =I=
July 4th, 2010, 09:36 PM
You keep saying VAN HALEN is selling this and that. When it's not. IT'S THE EVH brand.

Is it a big deal? Yes and No. However, if you are going to start yapping on and on like you know what your talking about, PLEASE, do me a favor. Get your bias right.

Van Halen isn't selling anything. Isn't that the problem?

Oh wait, I spaced. Mike eagerly giving Sammy a hardy reach around and NOT singing back up vocals and playing mediocre bass for a band he gave up on, is your problem. My bad ;)

Let's get our sell outs straight shall we....

EVH Stripe shoes
EVH Fender Wolfgang guitars
EVH Charvel/Fender "Replica Guitars"
EVH Wah pedal
EVH MXR Flanger
EVH MXR Phase Pedal
EVH Premium Stool
EVH Premium Guitar Strings
EVH Premium Guitar Picks
EVH Premium Guitar Straps
EVH Premium Guitar Sables
EVH Premium Door Stop
EVH 5150 III Amps
EVH 5150 III Amp Head Covers
EVH 5150 III Amp Cabinet Covers
EVH Bourn Low Friction Controls
EVH Wolfgang Bridge Picks Ups
EVH Wolfgang Neck Pick Ups
EVH Frankstein humbucker Pick Ups
EVH D-tuna System
and coming soon...EVH D2H

This isn't about Van Halen per say. It's all about Eddie Van Halen. You hate the guy! That hate and rage for him has you all twisted up, blinded and talking gibberish.

Somehow, I'm being led around by the nose? Led where and why me?

Dave is Eddie's Bitch! That was the argument not that long ago. BUT WAIT, now Eddie's bitch is banned from 5150. Which is it? Eddie's bitch or in exile? He can't be both..... or can he? :57:

Somehow a reputable source told you that Dave's been kicked to the curb at another VH site. Was this one of those "friend of a friend had told his cousin during some sweet pillow talk with his other cousin, a 40 something unemployed mama's boy living in mama's basement using mama's bandwidth" reputable sources?

AND DWEEZIL and JOHN 5 are the liars? Hmmmm, Gee, I don't know? People that actually know Eddie Van Halen or some people, that hate Eddie Van Halen as much as you do, typing away on a sticky keyboard in their stained "Watcha Talkn' 'Bout Willis T-Shirt.

Spanishfly, it's all good!

A-fuckin'-men to that entire post...

I'm still not buying any new releases or concert tickets though, lol.
But I can say honestly that I don't hate the guy (Edward) or find him to be a jerk just because he has gone into the gear biz.

On that note, personal attacks will NOT be tolerated on this board any longer.
We have been very lax in the past and that has created a situation where everyone feels they can be as big an asshole as they want to be...Um, NO, not happening anymore.
You may have been a member of this site for years, but I can assure you, THAT does not give you the right to bully newbies or anyone else around.
Nobody has the right to post here, it's a priveledge, but that is also the priveledge of those who are new to the site as well.
Yeah, you may have been a long time member and you may be well known in these forums. But if you get out of line and start attacking people, including Edward or anyone else in the band...You'll be launched from here, period.
We expect you all to act like an adult and show people the same respect they will show you.
Disagreements are one thing, getting personal and attacking other members with vulgar and rude responses is just plain wrong, AND it's a violation of forum rules.

If this "rains on your parade", tough fucking shit...follow the rules or win a free permanant vacation.

Oh, and if I ban your ass, it will definately be permanant.

And yes, I am on a power trip here because I am sick and tired of the immature bullshit that takes place on this board, and I myself have been guilty.
Point is, nothing changes for the better until a stand is taken, and the mods of this site are ALL taking that stand together.

If you want No Holds Barred...go find the Roth Army, this site will be all about respect in the future. CVH.com is being restored to the standards it held when VHFreak built this place.

Y'all have a nice day!!!

unchainedguitars
July 4th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Wow, what a post, Cat!

I don't know what to say, it's as if your personally flushing this site down the toilet.
Ban everybody, dare they criticize Edward or anyone else!
I'm not sure if you noticed, but a lot of great posters have already abandoned ship (some by force, some by choice).

How american is it to delete posts, ban long term members, and censor opinions that are not to your liking?

Adios, Amigos!

vhfanjack
July 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Looks like we can't say anything anymore... How fun.

jane
July 5th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Wow, what a post, Cat!

I don't know what to say, it's as if your personally flushing this site down the toilet.
I'm not sure if you noticed, but a lot of great posters have already abandoned ship (some by force, some by choice).

How american is it to delete posts, ban long term members, and censor opinions that are not to your liking?

Adios, Amigos!

It was already half way down J-man but somehow it got a little stuck, well this time it might work ;)

Delete posts and ban long term members has nothing to do with being an American. However from an European point of view a " POWER TRIP " is ,
so that makes Cathedral a true patriot .......LOL

Cat it's all fine and dandy that all of you mods finally wake up and smell the roses (it's about time ! ) but do you actually believe by threatening members and bully yourself around that that will be a blessing to this place ?
You must be kidding :rolleyes:...

Point is, nothing changes for the better until a stand is taken, and the mods of this site are ALL taking that stand together.

I agree but it all depends on what kind of stand your heading into ?!

I think you will find yourself monitoring a "ghost town" soon, if not already!
And ALL the mods are taking that stand bwuhahahaha...Cat you kill me...very funny !

I know your heart is in the right place Cathedral and I always respected you to a point but sometimes you can be such a ........... :plain:

Mallonmusic
July 5th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Yea really i love this forum! And the friends i have made here! But if the powers that be start running this place like a bunch of NAZI's. This place will be a ghost town. And i for one will be glad to lead the parade out of here!

Mallonmusic
July 5th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Wow, what a post, Cat!

Adios, Amigos!

I'm with you!!!!

Cathedral =I=
July 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hey, if you want to abandone ship then be my guest.
But clearly you all have missed the point of the post.

Let me ask you, all of you...Do you remember when you registered here you were required to agree to the forum rules?

Ok, if so, what is so hard about conducting yourselves like an adult and showing the other members of the site some respect?

Nobody is talking about deleting or editing posts, THAT is a no no here, and if it has happened it shouldn't be unless the post was abusive, threatening, or vulgar towards another member.
You can disagree, even debate all you want, but it must be kept civil.

Seriously, does saying you can't attack people mean it'll be run by nazi's?
Is that what draws you to the site?
These are the things that are not going to be allowed to continue, but like I said, if that is a condition of why you come here...See Ya!!!

Van Halen is going to release something soon, believe it or not, and the site WILL gain new members. When that happens they will all know that their contributions, just like all of your contributions, will be appreciated and they will be treated with respect.
In MY personal opinion, this site has lost some very cool members because of the back biting and bitch slapping around here. Folks, that's just not cool.

So take it as far out of context as you choose, this will be a respectable site for VH fans of all ages come hell or high water.
I've gotten way too many PM's over the last few years by decent members that are no longer here simply because of the immature bullshit that goes on by a select few.
This site is not a democracy, the Bill of Right's do not apply, and if you care to review the rules, feel free to do so.

To those who think that enforcing the rules VHFreak set in place is a reason for you to bail...Well, that is your choice, have a great life, and Roth On!!!

Cathedral =I=
July 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Wow, what a post, Cat!

Adios, Amigos!

How hard is it to treat people with respect and disagree without acting like your on the streets of Chicago in a knife fight?
Because that is basically all the rules require of the members here.

Cathedral =I=
July 5th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Looks like we can't say anything anymore... How fun.

Not true, just say it with respect...is that really too much to ask?

Cathedral =I=
July 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM
It was already half way down J-man but somehow it got a little stuck, well this time it might work ;)

Delete posts and ban long term members has nothing to do with being an American. However from an European point of view a " POWER TRIP " is ,
so that makes Cathedral a true patriot .......LOL

Cat it's all fine and dandy that all of you mods finally wake up and smell the roses (it's about time ! ) but do you actually believe by threatening members and bully yourself around that that will be a blessing to this place ?
You must be kidding :rolleyes:...

I agree but it all depends on what kind of stand your heading into ?!

I think you will find yourself monitoring a "ghost town" soon, if not already!
And ALL the mods are taking that stand bwuhahahaha...Cat you kill me...very funny !

I know your heart is in the right place Cathedral and I always respected you to a point but sometimes you can be such a ........... :plain:

Again, is having to follow a few rules about respect and civility towards others too much to ask?

I have no intentions of deleting or censoring threads based on an opinion I personally don't like, and neither should anyone else. I swear, you all act like it would absolutely kill you to have to be nice to each other.

It seems that says more about you all than it does me or anyone on the mod team here.
I don't want to see any of you leave, but if the place has to be a toilet to keep you around...Buh Bye!!!

Cathedral =I=
July 5th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Ok, let's try it this way. Here are the forum rules so that you may read them. Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me, but I guess it's too much to ask for some civility on this site, eh?

By the way, the only amendment that was made by VHFreak was the "sexually-oriented" aspect...he allowed us to have nude threads.

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here (http://classicvanhalen.com/forum/index.php) to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of ClassicVanHalen.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of ClassicVanHalen.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of ClassicVanHalen.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

vhfanjack
July 5th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Sure, I can respect nearly all people on these forums, but I'm bound to say something about a band member or the band that'll result in a banning, according to your post.

Mallonmusic
July 5th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Sure, I can respect nearly all people on these forums, but I'm bound to say something about a band member or the band that'll result in a banning, according to your post.

Yea thats kinda where i'm at. Some one like me or Jack say something that may not be very positive (but usually true) then some one gives us smack for what we say, then we come out as the bad ones:57:

Mallonmusic
July 5th, 2010, 10:24 PM
PLUS! even though i may have gone around with a few members here at times we all ways seem to chill out and become friends before to long.

vhfanjack
July 5th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, like good old Humberto. We had our little fights, but at the end of the day, who doesn't love him.:tounge:

These boards have become too bias towards the worshipping Ed side... Only like 7 people post regulary now, and by the looks of things it's only gonna go downhill from now.

Cathedral =I=
July 6th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Let's put it in an even simpler context...Write your posts, be them angry or disgruntled, with respect to the persons you are referring to.
Look, this isn't a hard thing to achieve here.

Just don't "word" things as a brutal, vulgar, personal attack.

I can tell you now that once they release new music, love it or hate it, people are going to respond by hitting the web, and they'll end up here.

If you have company coming to your house bringing under age kids do you leave porn mags laying out or create an atmosphere that is unsuitable for the average person?
Well, maybe some of you would, but not me, lol.

Well, this is our house, and I think it's best to represent a welcome atmosphere that says, "Hey, pull up a keyboard and let's celebrate a really cool band"...
Will everyone get along? Hell NO...But agreeing to disagree allowes each member to log out NOT feeling disrespected which will bring them back again.
This idea that we should all go at each others throats so at the end of the day we can be best bud's is bullshit.

The thing to avoid here is that when a good thread gets started, those who drop by to read them won't get bogged down in pages worth of posts that are two people ripping each other to shreds trying to one up each other...this isn't high school for crying out loud. Sometimes I can almost visualise a group of people chanting, "fight, fight, fight, fight"...Man, that's just rediculous, and juvenile to boot.

This is not only what runs good people off, it keeps the people I never see posting anything from posting because they don't want to be attacked or pulled into the stupid ass drama.
We all have enough drama in our real lives, do we really want to spend our online time creating or dealing with more?

Hell, being a Van Halen fan comes with enough drama of its own to add to it on this site.

:57: Something has to change, and I'd hope that you all could understand and see the point.
Everyone here is an individual, with their own personalities, very different and in some cases very difficult personalities...just think about your posts before you hit submit and ask yourself...is this how I'd like to be responded too?

jane
July 6th, 2010, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE]Again, is having to follow a few rules about respect and civility towards others too much to ask?
No mister mod it isn't, you think you can handle it too in the future ?

I have no intentions of deleting or censoring threads based on an opinion I personally don't like, and neither should anyone else. I swear, you all act like it would absolutely kill you to have to be nice to each other.

It seems that says more about you all than it does me or anyone on the mod team here. But but.....I'm usually a very nice person :57:
It kills me more not to be nice ;)....heh heh heh.......:tounge:

Cathedral =I=
July 6th, 2010, 10:54 PM
[quote=Cathedral =I=;248791]
No mister mod it isn't, you think you can handle it too in the future ?

If I can't, I'll ban myself...

But but.....I'm usually a very nice person

Yes, usually you are.

It kills me more not to be nice ....heh heh heh.......

Hmmmmm, no comment...

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

jane
July 7th, 2010, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE]It kills me more not to be nice ....heh heh heh.......

Hmmmmm, no comment...

LOL I have this T-Shirt given to me by someone special .
He said " You are such a sweetheart but one shouldn't rub your feathers the wrong way or...http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/teufel/e054.gif.. LOL
The shirt says

Born 2B Angel or Demon............ (on me it looks better but I have no pic of that, this is one from the net ;) )

unchainedguitars
July 8th, 2010, 09:59 PM
[quote=Cathedral =I=;248889]

LOL I have this T-Shirt given to me by someone special .
He said " You are such a sweetheart but one shouldn't rub your feathers the wrong way or...http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/teufel/e054.gif.. LOL
The shirt says

Born 2B Angel or Demon............ (on me it looks better but I have no pic of that, this is one from the net ;) )

I can't remember, but did i send you that shirt?

I have one with drawings of various sized boobs ("How do you like your boobies"), and i can't recall if you or Ashley sent it to me.
I'm getting senile...

jane
July 9th, 2010, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE]I can't remember, but did i send you that shirt?
LOL it could've been you (cause you came to that conclusion lots of times too in the past 6 years ) but it wasn't ;) It was Peter !

I have one with drawings of various sized boobs ("How do you like your boobies"), and i can't recall if you or Ashley sent it to me.
It must have been Ashes cause it wasn't me. I send you a Budha shirt LOL

I'm getting senile...
I prefer saying every time when things slip my mind now that I get older and older " I'm not getting senile, I just don't like to remember everything ! " :D

unchainedguitars
July 9th, 2010, 09:57 PM
[quote=unchainedguitars;249026]

LOL it could've been you (cause you came to that conclusion lots of times too in the past 6 years ) but it wasn't ;) It was Peter !

It must have been Ashes cause it wasn't me. I send you a Budha shirt LOL
I prefer saying every time when things slip my mind now that I get older and older " I'm not getting senile, I just don't like to remember everything ! " :D

Hey, i recognize those fingers!
That's me! :tounge:

I'm really getting senile, because i don't remember taking that picture (well, kinda sorta).