PDA

View Full Version : ClassicVanHalen.com now on Facebook

VH Freak
April 13th, 2010, 09:13 AM
ClassicVanHalen.com is now on Facebook. Become a fan!

dawg1981
April 13th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Freak,
What is the official name of the FB site?
There are several calling themselves
Classic Van Halen

Dawg

i1sum2!
April 13th, 2010, 09:42 AM
We need a page link for it Freak. There's already a classic Van Halen one showing it has 584 members. Surely that can't be yours as your just now informing us about it?:57:

A.J. MASSEY
April 14th, 2010, 04:12 AM
All you have to do is search "Classicvanhalen.com" but to save you lazy people some work here is the link...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ClassicVanHalencom/117670961580391?ref=ts

dawg1981
April 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM
All you have to do is search "Classicvanhalen.com" but to save you lazy people some work here is the link...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ClassicVanHalencom/117670961580391?ref=ts

Hey AJ.....FUCK OFF!

Dawg

VH Freak
April 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I was going to put a link to it but forgot. Anyways...AJ beat me to it. I'll post more stuff on it...just haven't had the time.

i1sum2!
April 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hey AJ.....FUCK OFF!

Dawg

PLUS ONE;)

dawg1981
April 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
PLUS ONE;)

Thanks Summy!

Dawg

Mallonmusic
April 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hey what about Myspace?:tounge: I'm old school and still won't drink the Facebook cool aid;)

Mallonmusic
April 19th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks Summy!

Dawg

Old AJ has gotten some balls over the years:whatsthat:

spanishfly
April 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
how many people have actually joined it?(the group, not FB)

i1sum2!
April 20th, 2010, 08:15 AM
how many people have actually joined it?(the group, not FB)

You have to join Facebook in order to join the CVH.com group 'Fly.;)

spanishfly
April 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
i know. I was just trying to avoid someone looking up a number of like 250million people on FB or something.

spanishfly
April 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM
better yet I should say, who joined? who are you 9 brave souls that have allowed the interwebz to know your names are associated with CVH :tounge:

jane
April 21st, 2010, 04:30 AM
better yet I should say, who joined? who are you 9 brave souls that have allowed the interwebz to know your names are associated with CVH :tounge:

I am not on face book and I won't start neither ........

unchainedguitars
April 21st, 2010, 12:19 PM
I am not on face book and I won't start neither ........

I'm not on it, either.

I did myspace, back in the day, though.
I dunno, 'Facebook' is risky, because there is always someone watching, including upper management at your job.
People are becoming too free with their lives, with the likes of Twitter & FB.
No one seems to value privacy, anymore.

jane
April 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
I'm not on it, either.

I did myspace, back in the day, though.
I dunno, 'Facebook' is risky, because there is always someone watching, including upper management at your job.
People are becoming too free with their lives, with the likes of Twitter & FB.
No one seems to value privacy, anymore.
Agreed, that's why I stopped with Hyves (a hot thing going on over here )..
Too many people were tracking each other on there and started vicious rumors because of what they saw and read on the hyve pages from others .
Innocent jokes were completely taken out of context etc etc....
And I don't understand the attraction to Twitter at all ?
It's like people are spilling their guts in their personal diary with the difference that everyone can read it :eek:...why would anyone want that ????
I'm just an old fashioned gall I guess, I wanna decide whom I tell personal stuff too I don't like everyone (including total strangers ) to know all about me lol.....

unchainedguitars
April 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM
The huge news story out here, in my state, revolves around a young, irish girl that was bullied by a group of other high schoolers, to the point where the girl hung herself.

After her suicide was announced, those same girls that bullied her (literally, to death), continued the abuse by posting cruel comments on her FB page!

How fucking evil is that?!!

Now, there is an uproar, and these kids & the school district are being held accountable (and rightfully so).

jane
April 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM
The huge news story out here, in my state, revolves around a young, irish girl that was bullied by a group of other high schoolers, to the point where the girl hung herself.

After her suicide was announced, those same girls that bullied her (literally, to death), continued the abuse by posting cruel comments on her FB page!

Now, there is an uproar, and these kids & the school district are being held accountable (and rightfully so).
That is so sad :(...............
I was talking to a colleague of mine the other day and we agreed to it that the kids these days seem more chilly and aloof towards each other.
It's like they only wanna be friends with others when the other person has the right stuff to play with. On the playground they are hard and cold when they hurt another child. To many kids are indifferent when another child gets hurt by their actions. It actually worries me a lot :plain:......
This past week only I had to jump in at least two times when another kid was bullied by a group of other kids !
It even went as far that I had to call in the parents to put an end to it ones and for all (she says hopefully for that bullied kid ?)...
I will watch it like a hawk though cause I can't stand it that one kid is singled out for whatever reason and gets bullied by some punks !

Anyway Classic Van Halen on face book ?
What's wrong with just this board ?

unchainedguitars
April 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Kids are way meaner & colder, i agree!

When i was a kid, even the bullies had hearts beneath their tough exteriors.
They knew when to stop & how far to take things.

A lot of these kids, like the one's that bullied that young girl mercilessly, have fucking ice water running through their veins.
Even their parents are indifferent, with comments like, "Well, why didn't the girl just transfer to another school?"

I have to wonder if this influx of technology, with violent video games & violent videos on the internet, has desensitized children to such a degree they cannot feel any real life empathy for anyone.
Everything is entertainment, everything is a game.

We're all going wrong, as a society.

jane
April 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I have to wonder if this influx of technology, with violent video games & violent videos on the internet, has desensitized children to such a degree they cannot feel any real life empathy for anyone.
Everything is entertainment, everything is a game.

I am sure that has a lot to do with it !

ravennaloveseddie
April 21st, 2010, 03:05 PM
I do have a FB page, but there is nobody on my contact list that I don't already know, face to face. I don't post my innermost feelings on it. It's enabled me to keep up with my friends who are scattered far and wide across the country, and to reconnect with some old friends from college.

I don't do Twitter, I think it's ridiculous. Who cares that this person "is having their 2nd cup of coffee" or that other person "thinks they'll have tacos for dinner"?? It's a waste of time and text messages imo...and those of my contacts who link their Twitter accounts to their FB pages get their endless mundanities hidden.

I agree that the degree to which people seem willing to bare their every personal detail on the internet is disturbing. I've never understood the need to dump one's private thoughts and feelings into a public forum.

And the bullying thing, unchained - what a terribly sad story. Those kids were cruel and evil and you're right, the school and the kids should be held accountable. They were like a pack of jackals, honestly...

Simon Ribeiro
April 22nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
I do have a FB page, but there is nobody on my contact list that I don't already know, face to face. I don't post my innermost feelings on it. It's enabled me to keep up with my friends who are scattered far and wide across the country, and to reconnect with some old friends from college.

I don't do Twitter, I think it's ridiculous. Who cares that this person "is having their 2nd cup of coffee" or that other person "thinks they'll have tacos for dinner"?? It's a waste of time and text messages imo...and those of my contacts who link their Twitter accounts to their FB pages get their endless mundanities hidden.

I agree that the degree to which people seem willing to bare their every personal detail on the internet is disturbing. I've never understood the need to dump one's private thoughts and feelings into a public forum.

And the bullying thing, unchained - what a terribly sad story. Those kids were cruel and evil and you're right, the school and the kids should be held accountable. They were like a pack of jackals, honestly...

Don't know what is a Facebook page. I'm sorry.

i1sum2!
April 22nd, 2010, 08:30 AM

How did you know there's nine people already if you haven't joined yet? You can't see FB unless you become a member. Inquiring minds want to know...

there's actually ten as of yesterday, but hey, who's counting?

spanishfly
April 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
you don't have to be on fb to see that page, it just won't let you join the page if you're not logged in. and 11 as of today. i rarely join fan pages though, I don't like them, and most of them are really really stupid(this isn't stupid, I just haven't joined)

dawg1981
April 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM

I'm tellin ya...it's those east coast thugs!

i1sum2!
April 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
you don't have to be on fb to see that page, it just won't let you join the page if you're not logged in. and 11 as of today. i rarely join fan pages though, I don't like them, and most of them are really really stupid(this isn't stupid, I just haven't joined)

Guess I don't understand where you're finding the page then, because I know for a fact that you have to be a member of FB to see anything there.:57:

I Googled, just out of curiosity, and didn't find the page. So.......

KTC5150
April 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
That is so sad :(...............
This past week only I had to jump in at least two times when another kid was bullied by a group of other kids !
It even went as far that I had to call in the parents to put an end to it ones and for all (she says hopefully for that bullied kid ?)...

[COLOR=Red]Anyway Classic Van Halen on face book ?
What's wrong with just this board ?
Are you referring to the deal w/ VHJack, Sum & Humberto?
Sorry, I saw the opening & had to go for it... J/K

I totally agree w/ you on this... why does everything need to be expanded to the point of exploit & oversaturation? If I were to vote on it, I would say keep it here, keep it CLASSIC!!!

spanishfly
April 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Guess I don't understand where you're finding the page then, because I know for a fact that you have to be a member of FB to see anything there.:57:

I Googled, just out of curiosity, and didn't find the page. So.......

I just click the link AJ posted. every time i click it i get this

Cathedral =I=
May 3rd, 2010, 11:46 PM
I'm a fan...

Simon Ribeiro
May 4th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I just click the link AJ posted. every time i click it i get this

Nice! 1st time I saw Ryan's pic!

Thank you, Spanish! :thumbs-up:

classicdude
June 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm on FB, but don't see the point like some people of accumulating 1,000's of friends just for the status. In FB'S favor, there are some hilarious groups out there:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=bieber&o=65&sid=tcWg1EffbfLizFLbIjeTGg.2180418883..1&s=20#!/pages/Can-This-Cantaloupe-Get-More-Fans-than-Justin-Beiber/292640603200?ref=ts

littleGirlFromCherryLawn
August 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Ed actually had a FB page, and I had him on my friends list on my "radio me" page. But, either he deleted me, or deleted the page all together cause its no longer there.

Simon Ribeiro
August 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM
Humm, this info sounds pretty interesting LG.

Mallonmusic
August 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Ed actually had a FB page, and I had him on my friends list on my "radio me" page. But, either he deleted me, or deleted the page all together cause its no longer there.

He's on my friend list, i'll have to check it out!

Gretcheno
August 26th, 2010, 12:00 AM
ClassicVanHalen.com is now on Facebook. Become a fan!

I just became a fan on facebook :)

Mallonmusic
August 26th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I just became a fan on facebook :)

Good! Now show your face around here more often!;)

Gretcheno
August 26th, 2010, 12:07 AM

Yessir!!!:tounge2:

IronicA
August 27th, 2010, 08:12 AM
This site should have a Twitter page.

That way, we could have the latest posts linked as Tweets and people could follow us on mobile devices and the like.

Just a suggestion.

unchainedguitars
August 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Gretcheno is actually Janie, and she's steering us towords Ed's FB page for publicity purposes.

unchainedguitars
August 27th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Yessir!!!:tounge2:

(cue the "Psycho" theme)...

unchainedguitars
August 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM

Norman?

Norman, is that you??

Norman, what have you done with mother?

IronicA
August 27th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Gretcheno is actually Janie, and she's steering us towords Ed's FB page for publicity purposes.

Or she's a vintage guitar named Brian.

unchainedguitars
August 27th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Speaking of Brian, Sum was quoted in a German edition of "Guitar World" magazine, regarding his thoughts on a forthcoming Van Halen album:

Ein kleine verbos meine PASADENA, laut rock musica mit VAN HALEN, schreibenklosse mit 1SUM2 mit CLASSIC VAN HALEN, eine com:
"Ya! mit VAN HALEN sehr madchen ein EDWARD mit ARROGANT und sehr franken, uber ASSHOLE!" sprechen SUM.
"Nein, nein, nein...ich bin MICHAEL ANTHONY, dusseldorf und meine GREATEST BASS PLAYER ON EARTH, verteg, JA!"
Der kraut mit nein und verles fur Klaus und DAVID LEE ROTH.
"Hmmm, eb...eb...Ja, eine das lieber fur SAMMY HAGAR, und ich vernosh liebst verbod mit HUMAN POODLE, nessen getalt."

IronicA
August 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Is it true that Katy's just using Russell to get to Sum?

Mallonmusic
August 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Norman?

Norman, is that you??

Norman, what have you done with mother?

Ha ha! Funny stuff:happy:

Mallonmusic
August 30th, 2010, 10:43 PM

That kinda makes sence if ya think about it;)

unchainedguitars
August 31st, 2010, 07:12 PM
Is it true that Katy's just using Russell to get to Sum?

I downloaded Katy's new album, "Teenage Dream."

Was listening on the train, and about halfway through, it dawned on me...

THIS IS FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

(Still love Katy's funbags, though)

zozo5150
August 31st, 2010, 07:32 PM

I haven't heard her new album, but I've heard from a friend that the song "Teenage Dream" is "sick." I'm just curious, but did you like her older songs?

Mallonmusic
August 31st, 2010, 09:29 PM

Is that the album with "California girls" on it? That song is so bubble gum and teeny bopper i feel like a pedafile just hearing it!

i1sum2!
September 7th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Speaking of Brian, Sum was quoted in a German edition of "Guitar World" magazine, regarding his thoughts on a forthcoming Van Halen album:

Ein kleine verbos meine PASADENA, laut rock musica mit VAN HALEN, schreibenklosse mit 1SUM2 mit CLASSIC VAN HALEN, eine com:
"Ya! mit VAN HALEN sehr madchen ein EDWARD mit ARROGANT und sehr franken, uber ASSHOLE!" sprechen SUM.
"Nein, nein, nein...ich bin MICHAEL ANTHONY, dusseldorf und meine GREATEST BASS PLAYER ON EARTH, verteg, JA!"
Der kraut mit nein und verles fur Klaus und DAVID LEE ROTH.
"Hmmm, eb...eb...Ja, eine das lieber fur SAMMY HAGAR, und ich vernosh liebst verbod mit HUMAN POODLE, nessen getalt."

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/aed5cc0b1c3ff558b8537022190504c1.gif

:D

Mallonmusic
September 11th, 2010, 09:21 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/aed5cc0b1c3ff558b8537022190504c1.gif

:D

What the hell is that clip from? I know i should know it but......:57:

i1sum2!
September 12th, 2010, 08:12 AM
What the hell is that clip from? I know i should know it but......:57:

Unchained's favorite MTV video of all time....

I can't drive 55

He sings that song in his sleep.:D

Go on and write me up for 125 Post my face, wanted dead or alive Take my license n' all that jive I can't drive 55! Oh No! Uh! So I signed my name on number 24, hey! Yeah the judge said, "Boy, just one more I'm gonna throw your ass in the city joint" Looked me in the eye, said, "You get my point?" I said "Yeah!, Oh yeah!"

;)

unchainedguitars
September 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM
"I'm gonna throw your ass in the...city joint...look me in the eye, says...
You get my point....Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaah, aww yeah!

unchainedguitars
September 12th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Katy Perry did a great cover of, "I'll fall in love again," for some teen movie deal.

I believe that song was on, "Standing Hampton."
I remember Punk once said, "When i die...make sure you bury me with my original, vinyl version of 'Standing Hampton.' "

Mallonmusic
September 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Unchained's favorite MTV video of all time....

I can't drive 55

He sings that song in his sleep

Go on and write me up for 125 Post my face, wanted dead or alive Take my license n' all that jive I can't drive 55! Oh No! Uh! So I signed my name on number 24, hey! Yeah the judge said, "Boy, just one more I'm gonna throw your ass in the city joint" Looked me in the eye, said, "You get my point?" I said "Yeahh yeah![/B]"

;)

Hmmm? Never saw that video:57: I wonder how all these years how i missed it:57: Sam is at that age where "can't drive 55" Is taken on a whole new meaning. You know how seniors drive:tounge:

i1sum2!
September 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I believe that song was on, "Standing Hampton."

Funny how you know that.;)

i1sum2!
September 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hmmm? Never saw that video:57: I wonder how all these years how i missed it Sam is at that age where "can't drive 55" Is taken on a whole new meaning. You know how seniors drive:tounge:

Maybe you were asleep thru the 80's?:D

The best part of that clip is when the little old lady cracks Sambo with her umbrella. Whack! Whack!:101: