PDA

View Full Version : ClassicVanHalen.com Returns!

VH Freak
April 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Holy Balls....that last hacker almost kicked my ass. With the help of our host we finally figured out how to fix it. I had to roll the version of the softwares back and then bring it current. I believe we made the necessary precautions to stop this from happening again. Sorry for the inconvenience. The restore was from January so we did lose a month and a half of posts but that is better than what it would have if I didn't back up the site! Please let me know if there are any problems. I am expecting some...hopefully they are not serious.

Post on my fellow VH fanatics!!

zozo5150
April 13th, 2008, 06:46 PM
YES!!! It's back!!! I missed this site! Thanks for working hard to get it back up! :05:

evhfan5150
April 13th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for working hard vhfreak what is with hackers all of the sudden liking this site. Well at least it is back.

unchainedguitars
April 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
The other boards just paled in comparison to this one, man.

I tried 'em all, though i only joined the R. army.
I've been out of the VH loop for weeks now, as a result.
I have no idea whats going on...

Saw a recent interview with Roth on youtube, though.
He looked & sounded great, so im sure things are in control.

BadassMOFO
April 14th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Great to see the site back up and running!

Thanks Freak!

jane
April 14th, 2008, 03:25 AM
When Unchained told me the board is back up again I thought he was pulling a late April fools prank on me LOL...
But " lo and behold " it is back......;)

decokoy
April 14th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Welcome back, my friends!
I miss you a lot!
Let's go!

Ron4406
April 14th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Cool. A month and a half aint bad. We just gots some work to do.

unchainedguitars
April 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM
When Unchained told me the board is back up again I thought he was pulling a late April fools prank on me LOL...
But " lo and behold " it is back......;)

Actually, ICM gave me the heads up on saturday night.

We have missed a lot, especially that dirty little tome by Val Bertanelli.
That book really should have been called, "my life with Edward Van Halen."

Hey look, i'm already off topic!

EVHgirl in Va
April 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yipee, it's back! Dino let me know this morning....

hackers suck.

Dr. Roth
April 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hackers do suck, but thanks to our fearless leader we can get things back to normal. Thanks a bunch Freak.

Doc

ravennaloveseddie
April 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
YAY! Thanks for all your hard work Freak! It's great to see the site back up! Missed it---good to see everyone again! :101:

unchainedguitars
April 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I had been living a productive, Van Halen-less two months...
but now, i fear i will, once again, be sucked into the vortex of Pasadena's finest.

KRAMERBOY
April 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM
This site rules!!!!I tried the other VH boards and they cant come close to this masterpiece.I hope it never goes under again.Got alot of friends here thats for sure.

unchainedguitars
April 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Very true, KB.

I got so incredibly bored on these other VH sites, seemed like the same person posting over & over again.
There is variation at the Army, but it's running very slow.

This site just has the right amount of posts & people.
Plus the gear talk is always fun & sometimes controversial.

NE169
April 14th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Didn't realize it's been 2 months--and the "Quick Reply" button still don't work--ah well--one thing at a time.

Van Halen's also been off a couple months.

Coincidence?

I think NOT!!

Ron4406
April 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I forgot about the sheer bordom of the other forums.
I got to post some tech stuff, but other then that, snoozeville.

EVHgirl in Va
April 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Didn't realize it's been 2 months--and the "Quick Reply" button still don't work--ah well--one thing at a time.

Van Halen's also been off a couple months.

Coincidence?

I think NOT!!

Hmmmm, Ed hired a terrorist to crash CVH because too many people were talking smack about him! Now THAT would be something new to talk about....

NE169
April 14th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Stranger things have happened!! :tounge:

panama's meanstreet
April 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Jesus, man. That took fucking forever! I'm not insulting you or belittling - I'm congratulating your dedication to this site full of fuckers!
Thanks!

VH Freak
April 14th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah...that was a pretty long break. I almost gave up. Everything we tried just didn't work. It was all in Arabic (I almost had to learn the language :) )

unchainedguitars
April 14th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Why are these cyber terrorists obsessed with VH boards, of all things?

Why not a Miley Cyrus board or a Britney spears forum?
Isn't that shit more popular than old dinosaurs like us & VH?
I don't get it.

A.J. MASSEY
April 15th, 2008, 12:39 AM
The E-mail service doesn't work and the quick reply doesn't work. Besides that, I don't see anything wrong.

jane
April 15th, 2008, 06:53 AM

I don't get it.
Maybe there's a message in their action, maybe they are trying to tell us something.......like, you can only find old dinosaurs in a museum ;) LOL

Simon Ribeiro
April 15th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Maybe there's a message in their action, maybe they are trying to tell us something.......like, you can only find old dinosaurs in a museum ;) LOL

Funny post! :colgate:

Good to see this place back in the cyber space.
Thank you, Freak! :101:

unchainedguitars
April 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM

HAHA!

Right now, Bin Laden is saying, "Freak has risen from the ashes again...like a black cat, he seems to possess nine lives...now for plan 3....our final attempt to bring the dinosaurs of classic rock down! (evil laugh)...":wow:

teckhoff
April 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Freak- Thanks for sticking with it and getting the site up and running again.

It's really nice to see many familiar names have already posted.

NE169
April 15th, 2008, 07:22 PM

I don't get it.I bet they've been attacked.

You're just posting on the wrong Miley & Britney boards!

unchainedguitars
April 15th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Maybe it was Lilo...

The anti-Brit talk pushed her over the edge!

J.K.!:tounge:

Guitarfreak
April 17th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Good to see the site back after a long break! Thanks to VH Freak for his hard work in getting things back in working order. :05:

gotitbadgotitbad
April 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hurray!!! Glad the sites back. I sure missed all of you cats!
:05::101::05::101:

Pride of Pasadena
April 21st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Alright! It has returned!
That musta been a brutal attack.
Last thing I remember was a page of Arabic writing.Damn terrorist!

Glad it's back up and Lighting up The Sky again!
Good work!

Outtalove
April 22nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
"LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT..."

man oh man, I'm glad to see the site is back. I too, have been somewhat disappeared as I have had the duties of a new job with very little time for internet entertainment and the purchase of a new house and last but not least, a new dog that my wife and I adopted, Ginger. anyway, I decided I simply gotta have my CVH fix almost as much as the 6-pack, so I will be checking in often and adding my comments, complaints, humor, bally-hoo, opinions, and general smart assed remarks!

glad you're all back, got nuthin but love for ya all!

unchainedguitars
April 22nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
The boyz are back!

Btw, i like the name Ginger for a dog.
I picture an irish setter!

EVHgirl in Va
April 22nd, 2008, 06:53 AM
The boyz are back!

Btw, i like the name Ginger for a dog.
I picture an irish setter!

Or a lab with a reddish coat....

Come on, tell us what kind of dog!

EVH_Erupted
April 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Woooohoooo!!! It's back!!:101:

Nick AVH fan
April 22nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
yay!!!!! its back!:colgate:

unchainedguitars
April 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM

Awww, i love black labs!

Actually, my brother in law's parents had a lab with a red coat, and yup, she was called 'ginger.'
No joke.

And this was long before the damn spice girls!

Outtalove
April 22nd, 2008, 05:58 PM

A grungy little Lhasa Apso that we got from a rescue three weeks ago. We also have Charlie, a Shi-zhu/Poodle mix with the heart of a pitbull. my wife just has an uncanny ability with animals. she's rescued both of these little dogs who were just a mess and now they're doing great. we've had Charlie for a little over a year and we got Ginger to keep him company. they have three hour wrestling matches that are just hilarious to watch.

Michael Holland
April 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks VH freak for your hard work to get it up and running I never ever thought this site was ever going to get fixed but by a mircale it's up and running. I 've been out of the loop about what is happening with Van Halen.I haven't read much lately about VH. All i know is their back on tour and kicking ass.:101::101:

Ice Cream Man
April 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I too, have been somewhat disappeared as I have had the duties of a new job with very little time for internet entertainmentI thought you had a auto body shop? Did you open a new place?

Sean Van Halen
April 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
it's good to see everyone here today, i say here i do......

vhcav592
April 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Oh my gawd it's back!
And so is the real band :101:

VH Freak, you are the MAN!! Thank you so much for your hard work to get this site back up and running! I remember when I tried to sign on about two months ago all that came up was a massive skull picture and a lot of arabic writing and some big text that said something about the G-J Team. Pissed me off.

Anyway, during these last coupla months I started posting on a completely different forum, not even VH-related. Now it looks like I'll be splitting time

big black rod
June 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Thank the gods that this hallowed site is back! There seems to be a dearth of TRUE Van Halen sites out there; some blasphemous assholes would go so far as to attempt to extol the virtues of Van Hagar. Heavens forfend! Van Hagar was merely tolerated; for the SERIOUS connoseur, only David Lee Roth-led Van Halen will EVER do...PEACE.

NE169
June 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Peace back atcha--hope you caught their Jax show.

usmarine
January 6th, 2009, 05:40 AM
:hitchair::hitchair::hitchair:Dude you fuckin rock!! OMG ALL THOSE FUCKIN PIX!!! How the hell did you get all those? Are you a friend of eddie's? I mean dude, you really got alot of shit on this website...Did you read that book The music The fans? It's fuckin $57!!! Why the fuck is it so expensive? i read saga and VH 101 and the big picture book...what else is there? I have been glued to youtube watching all the early VH clips and interviews and concert clips? I've had webtv for 9yrs and I just got hooked up to the internet about 5mos ago...I want those franken strat sneakers, you see them? Look like eds guitar...fuckin rad, I'm 44yrs old and I wanna wear them sneaks...geez I'm losing it:101: and disregard that GROUPIE word under my name..

jane
January 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
:hitchair::hitchair::hitchair:Dude you fuckin rock!! OMG ALL THOSE FUCKIN PIX!!! How the hell did you get all those? Are you a friend of eddie's? I mean dude, you really got alot of shit on this website...Did you read that book The music The fans? It's fuckin $57!!! Why the fuck is it so expensive? i read saga and VH 101 and the big picture book...what else is there? I have been glued to youtube watching all the early VH clips and interviews and concert clips? I've had webtv for 9yrs and I just got hooked up to the internet about 5mos ago...I want those franken strat sneakers, you see them? Look like eds guitar...fuckin rad, I'm 44yrs old and I wanna wear them sneaks...geez I'm losing it:101: and disregard that GROUPIE word under my name..
LOL we have us a real enthusiastic Newbie in our middle

A.J. MASSEY
January 6th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Who are you talking about? I think Simon has over 500 pics here, Jane has a bunch, Highway Star put up a bunch as well.

jane
January 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Who are you talking about? I think Simon has over 500 pics here, Jane has a bunch, Highway Star put up a bunch as well.

I think he means VHFreak but I can be wrong of course :57:
He's definitely not talking to me cause he's talking to a DUDE ;)

Innuendoes
July 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM
Holy crap, you're back afterall. YAY vhfreak! :colgate: Didn't CVH get hacked about 3 or 4 years back by some dude who took over the whole board and was putting up strange graphics up at the top of the page too? I think that took forever to get the site back. Anyway, glad to be back :101:

Simon Ribeiro
July 1st, 2009, 01:48 PM
Good to see you around, Innuendoes!:thumbs-up:

Innuendoes
July 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Good to see you around, Innuendoes!:thumbs-up:
Hey, good to see you too! :colgate: